Celtics Lost Cause of Doc Rivers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtics Lost Cause of Doc Rivers!

Did anyone else think that Doc grossly overplayed his aging stars during game 7? They looked like they ran out of gas in the second half. He should have given Shelden Williams - but most of all Nate Robinson - a bit of playing time in the second half.

come on now, if you have to rely on Sheldon and Nate to save your ass then you are in trouble. Also the Lakers played some really good D in the end which did tire them out.

Not having Perkins in the lineup really hurt them and they came very close to pull out a victory despite him not being in the lineup. I actually thought they were the better team that night and there were some questionable calls in the end.

I know Doc might be leaving the Celtics and I would love to have him coach the Raptors.

Comment

Shelden Williams!?! You're kidding right? LOL

Comment

He should have played Red Scalibrine a whole lot more...so they could lose by 25 instead of ?

The Sheed cant cut it as a starter anymore...especially at both ends...he should have just concentrated on defense so he woulda had more juice at the end. They missed Perky big time.

Comment

its game 7 of the nba finals. you generally rest your players so they're well rested for future games. professional athletes are well conditioned enough to play a full game, especially the elite ones.

so no, the celtics didn't lose because of doc. i think he's an excellent coach and we'll know his true value once thibodeau starts his stint in chicago.

Comment

It could of gone either way. I think Ray's 3pt foul on Kobe was the difference.

Comment

Has anybody ever noticed how big Sheldon Williams cartoon like head is?

Comment

i just cringed, it must be doc rivers fault

Comment

The game was lost when River's prematurely put his "Human Victory Cigar" into the game before the 2nd quarter was even over.
                  RR OG

Comment

The Celtics lost not because of Doc Rivers, in fact, he actually coached a very good game, good substitutions and play calls. They lost because they were shorthanded, but most of all, they didn't have a second scorer behind Paul Pierce. Sheed did his best, so did Rondo and Garnett, but the secondary scoring should have came from Ray Allen, but since game 2, he's gone stone cold. Sure the Lakers played good defense but its bizarre how Ray Ray lost his touch the rest of the series.

Comment

Nate Robinson is a nice chaotic element to throw in if you're down and you need to change the momentum. But the brief appearance he made last night was pretty indicative of where his maturity is at: forcing a low-percentage, high-of-the-glass layup after wasting most of the shot clock, and not using his teammates at all. The last thing Boston needed last night was more Nate Robinson.

Comment

There is no doubt that if Doc had played this guy the Celtics would have won the series in four straight

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

the celtics in no way shape or form didnt lose because of doc rivers thats for sure. in fact doc got basically everybody that played the way they needed to win the game. the fact of the matter is they had some elements working against them (ie injuries) and the lakers basically shut them down in the 4th to edge them out. i dont think you can blame this game or series for that matter on the coach it was a grind-out series and in the end the better team one.......i would take doc as head coach for the raps any day of the week

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                            Did anyone else think that Doc grossly overplayed his aging stars during game 7? They looked like they ran out of gas in the second half. He should have given Shelden Williams - but most of all Nate Robinson - a bit of playing time in the second half.
                            you have no idea what your talking about..

sheldon willams sucks...and robinson was wayyy to inconsistent to deserve more minutes...

he had more turnovers than points in the 18 minutes combined (only played 2 games) in the finals...4 rebounds, 4 turnovers, 0 points, in 18 minutes.....yep...thats a guy that deserves to play more...

Comment

Working...
                            X