Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wade, James and Bosh Join Miami Discussion (Must Read News Article, pg. 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade, James and Bosh Join Miami Discussion (Must Read News Article, pg. 5)

I only watched up to when he said his decision, since the overproduced tripe was making me ill, but I couldn't help but feel he should have stuck with Cleveland. Now people can say that he couldn't win on his own, so he had to team up.

Maybe I'm just old school, but I think LeBron looks like a douche for heading out of town to the place it's going to be easiest for him to win. Danny Ferry definitely failed to surround him with the right players, but they were all brought in with LeBron's blessing and now Ferry is gone. They've got an owner that's committed to winning and he'd look great by staying in his hometown.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Like I said somewhere else, I think on this forum, this either ends with them meeting expectation or falling disastrously short. Either they win like everyone expects... or they lose and everyone wonders how they could possibly have lost. There is no real winning outcome. His best options were staying in Cleveland or going to Chicago, in my opinion.

Comment

I think I am in the minority, but I think the super team is pretty cool. I am extremely excited to watch them dominate. I had been assuming Bosh's numbers were going to take a hit next year, but he could be the leading scorer on that team with all the attention that Bron and Wade demand on the perimeter.

The real winner of this whole saga is Kobe. He's never had an actual chance of being greater than Jordan no matter how many titles he won, but now if he defeats the super team, it might propel him to G.O.A.T status. Jordan never defeated a team anywhere close to the level of this super team.

They still have to find a couple pieces, but the hype they are going to have coming into the regular season is going to be unprecedented. I can't even fathom the first Heat game at the ACC, its going to be the hottest ticket in franchise history.

Comment

the single worst thing about this.....

it legitimizes Stephen A Smith.

Comment

This is brutal! What happened to competition and rivalries. This does taint LeBrons legacy, can't win it leading a team. Bird, Magic, Jordan and the old guys are shaking their heads for sure. I think Patrick Ewing and John Stockton are happier not winning then doing this bullshit. I now have a new team to HATE! Sadly .... GO LAKERS GO

Comment

Bron name dropped Chalmers and Joel Anthony, but Beasely got no love. Is that a sign that he is being S&Ted. I truly cannot wait for the Micheal Beasely era in Toronto.

Comment

LeBoshade

Now that the dust settles over the kingdom of NBA FA, will be interesting to see how LeBoshade will chase the others for the rings in the incoming years:
              1. Boston Celtics current squad was built similar with LeBoshade, they are a cohesive team, with experience and roles well defined. Are Celtics too old to keep up with LeBoshade?
              2. Orland Magic are under pressure right now, they have three superstars as well and Otis wants to avoid Raptors/Cavaliers fate to lose Howard when the time came to sign an extension. Magic are deep into luxury tax, but they are serious competition for LeBoshade.
              3 Lakers are the current champions and even if people are starting to question Kobe ability to keep up with the younger players, he and Lakers are not finished yet. LeBoshade must face Lakers & Kobe or a team that can beat Lakers & Kobe!

Others three headed monster team are already in making. Based on this formula, players like Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose can pair up somewhere to create competition for LeBoshade as soon as next year.
              Personally, I am disappointed with these trend, where teams are buying their way to rings while other teams are left out in cold. Where is the pride of competing against each other?

Comment

I dont see Durant ditching what he has built in OKC
                but i agree with the overall point of the direction of teh NBA
                I really hate how people are teaming up, theres no more pride in the NBA
                everyone just wants a stacked team to win
                I think something has to happen, Stern has to step in and make some sort of rule, not sure what it would be but something has to happen

Comment

If Stern dont watch it he is going to have a two tiered league...the super stocked and everyone else. Like the Premier league of soccer where 4-5 teams share the top 4-5 spots every year and who have the best/richest players.

Comment

At least now he won't get the 3-peat for MVP

Comment

I just don't see how Stern can avoid this from happening in the future. Especially near and around the CBA deadline looming, what can he say? You can't just 'make players not join other teams'. Players will sacrifice just enough so that the team they plan on joining can sign role players they need to fill out the roster. I know it's a big risk L.D.B. are taking but they seem to genuinely enjoying playing with eachother on the same team. I'm sure they'll make it work.
                      #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                        The real winner of this whole saga is Kobe. He's never had an actual chance of being greater than Jordan no matter how many titles he won, but now if he defeats the super team, it might propel him to G.O.A.T status. Jordan never defeated a team anywhere close to the level of this super team.
                        I don't know about that. The Pistons team they beat in '91 in the eastern conference finals was coming off back to back titles. Then they beat the Lakers in the Finals with Magic, Worthy, Mychal Thompson and Byron Scott. I know they were on their last legs but that's was still a good team.

I wouldn't call the Heat a super team yet either. I think they'll most likely eventually figure out a way to win but there will be growing pains.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Nope -- still going to be freakishly dominant + win a lot of titles + lot of time left in his career
                          nbaroundtable

Comment

They're not going to win anything until they find a supporting crew. Without a supporting crew they're each going to have to play 40 minutes a game. I'm not sure Bosh and Wade can handle those demands on their bodies. Also consider Wade is 28 and has had some serious injuries already. This looks too good to be true for Miami. I just have a funny feeling about the whole thing. My mind tells me dynasty once more pieces are in place but my intuition tells me it's not going to work out for some reason...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              They're not going to win anything until they find a supporting crew. Without a supporting crew they're each going to have to play 40 minutes a game. I'm not sure Bosh and Wade can handle those demands on their bodies. Also consider Wade is 28 and has had some serious injuries already. This looks too good to be true for Miami. I just have a funny feeling about the whole thing. My mind tells me dynasty once more pieces are in place but my intuition tells me it's not going to work out for some reason...
                              Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony can fill the other two starting spots well enough.

The Heat will then have to fill out their bench with minimum contract pieces. They should be able to get enough talent there to win the East right away ... but it's not a sure thing.
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                              X