Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm unsticking this legendary thread to let it die.

Leave a comment:

• RapthoseLeafs
    replied
    What is happening with Bargnani these days? Does he miss Toronto.

Raps could use him as a Pasta analyzer.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
    He looks like Nick Cage's evil half brother. I hate him even more now.

Leave a comment:

• RapthoseLeafs
    replied
    Sometimes we have to get over the anger. I don't hold anything against him. Part of Rap history.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    Don't revive this thread, what are you doing?

Leave a comment:

• RapthoseLeafs
    replied
    Bargnani in Town - lol

https://ibb.co/jgFBQm

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    The funny thing is that had he entered the league today as a rookie he would be a great fit. The league has changed so much in such a short amount of time.
    I don't know, on the other hand he played his way right out of today's NBA because he sucks.

I still wouldn't call him a bust because he did manage a multi-year NBA career and because that was a weak draft. Bargs at #1 was a surprise, but there was no clear cut #1 that year and everybody knew it wasn't a great draft. In hindsight you clearly take LMA but at the time there were equal arguments for a guy like Tyrus Thomas. It was such a Raptors thing to land the #1 in a shitty draft. I hate that in other years the team could have been picking a true franchise player, bad luck to win the lottery in a weak draft.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The funny thing is that had he entered the league today as a rookie he would be a great fit. The league has changed so much in such a short amount of time.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The failure wasn't so much in the draft pick.. it was the extension. Give a guy 3-4 years and you can pretty much tell how good he'll be. He was a big that couldn't play defense or rebound. He could shoot threes but was somewhat inconsistent. He was an NBA player, but not a star. Yet was given that crown by the organization.

The GM shouldn't have resigned him... He had an immovable contract that got traded.

Bargnani was smart. He got paid well ($50M).. Used his injuries to avoid having to play but still kept his money.

So he wasn't a bust like Anthony Bennett was. If you can play more than 3-4 years in this league, you can't be a bust. He played in 10. Will vote No in the poll.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Poll Added

Was Bargnani a bust for the Raptors? If yes then where does he rank all time in Raptors bust history? I added a new poll.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    You know how people get upset with JV for being a poor defender, and use stats like RPM and BPM to prove it?

JV's career average BPM is +0.1, and his worst season ever is -0.6.

Bargnani's career average BPM is -1.6, his best season ever was -0.5 and his peak terribleness here with the Raps he posted a glorious -2.9.

Meanwhile, he almost never posted even an average WS/48 score (career average of .057 is well below the league average of 0.1) and peaked at .104 in one outlier season.

And those might be two of the most generous catch all stats for Bargs (RPM and other APM stats hate him more than BPM does, and WP, for example, grades him as even worse than WS).
    Still not a bust. As dumb as the new York knicks are, you don't offer a unprotected first for a "bust" that's already played 7 years

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Bargs wasn't A BUST.

The guy just wasn't a star. He was a average player who ended up dealing with pressure, injuries & a tough Toronto media. He had a 5 year stretch that ranks him as a average big man who could stretch the floor and block shots. His biggest issues were rebounding & staying healthy. If he had, who knows? But a guy who averaged 14, 5 & 1 in his NBA days isn't a bust in my eyes.
    You know how people get upset with JV for being a poor defender, and use stats like RPM and BPM to prove it?

JV's career average BPM is +0.1, and his worst season ever is -0.6.

Bargnani's career average BPM is -1.6, his best season ever was -0.5 and his peak terribleness here with the Raps he posted a glorious -2.9.

Meanwhile, he almost never posted even an average WS/48 score (career average of .057 is well below the league average of 0.1) and peaked at .104 in one outlier season.

And those might be two of the most generous catch all stats for Bargs (RPM and other APM stats hate him more than BPM does, and WP, for example, grades him as even worse than WS).

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Bargs wasn't A BUST.

The guy just wasn't a star. He was a average player who ended up dealing with pressure, injuries & a tough Toronto media. He had a 5 year stretch that ranks him as a average big man who could stretch the floor and block shots. His biggest issues were rebounding & staying healthy. If he had, who knows? But a guy who averaged 14, 5 & 1 in his NBA days isn't a bust in my eyes.
    Yup, you're correct sir

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Bargs wasn't A BUST.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    His opinion was no doubt influenced by the emotional baggage gathered by being a 1st overall bust and the kind of attention that attracts.

I don't agree with him but I can understand why he would hold that opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X