• Show
Clear All

• MVP Race: Reke Rising

1. Kobe Bryant, Lakers, (20-4)
    2. LeBron James, Cavaliers (19-7)
    3. Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets (19-7)
    9. Tyreke Evans, Kings, (11-13)
    Last Week's Rank - 10
    The kid played in his first nationally broadcast game on Tuesday night and fared exceedingly well, scoring 24 points to go with six assists, six rebounds and two blocks, both on Gilbert Arenas. Now that he is getting exposure, it will be interesting to see how Evans responds. But he seems like a down-to-earth chap – and it helps he is residing in Sacramento rather than New York or LA.
    Sacramento Kings rookie Tyreke Evans was watching television with his cousin the other day when the announcers started talking about what Evans has accomplished thus far in his rookie year.

Evans said he got up and turned off the television.

"Why'd you turn off the TV?" his cousin asked.

"I don't want to hear that," Evans told his cousin. "I don't want to get big-headed.
    "So I just try to ignore it and keep playing. At the end of my career, I will look back and see what I accomplished."
    NBA.com: Race to the MVP

...Although I am becoming an Evans fan... Is it just me or does Chris Bosh deserve to be on this list if Reke is on it?

WOW ... so much about Jennings being the all the rage when it comes to rookies this season. Step aside Brandon because 'Reke is the real deal. Consideration for the MVP. WOW, who would of thunk it?

Comment

I know! But the sad thing is that leading up to the draft I read that Colangelo had a lot of interest in 'Reke but could not find a way to get him.

Comment

Working...
      X