Blake Griffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Griffin

Finally got a chance to see him play this pre-season. It was vs Denver. Here are my observations.
    Blake - Best NBA Rookie Since Lebron

All he needs are

1. Improved low post moves that don't lead to dunks.
    2. Mid-range jump shot
    3. Continued improvement on his free throw shooting.

and he will become the best player in the league. I give it a couple of seasons.

Hadn't seen him play since last summer. He looks like he has bulked up some since then.

10-14-10 vs Denver

Minutes------------36
    Points--------------24
    Rebounds----------14
    Blocks---------------4
    Charges Taken-----3

P.S. I did not forget about KD. I am a big KD fan but I think that Blake will become better.

KD I believe plays the Clippers at Staples on Wed Nov 3rd. I would pass on whatever else is going on in your life to watch that game.
    Griffin will be baptized by all the teams the first go around because he is a s "stud rookie". It seemed like last night Balkman's sole job on the court was to beat up Blake. Balkman took one shot and had six fouls in 13 minutes. He got some real hard ones in against Blake.

I think once the Clippers go through the league then Blake will start to get some respect. Of course he will have to shoot his free throws a lot better than when he was in college 59% or in the pre-season prior to last night. Otherwise just like Superman he will continue to get mugged by the thugs in the league indefinitely.

He looks like he has a pretty solid body so I expect that he will live with it without it impacting his game too much.

Needs

1. Improved low post moves that don't lead to dunks.
    2. Mid-range jump shot
    3. Continued improvement on his free throw shooting.

Just loved those three charges that he took. For a rookie big man to

1. Have good enough foot work
    2. Be smart enough to get into the correct defensive position
    3. Have the guts not to jump but stay glued to the floor to take the contact.

Was very, very impressive indeed.
    http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2...ic-t-5795.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

If Blake doesn't get hampered down by injuries, he could be the most dominant PF in the league in 2 years time.

Comment

i don't think he needs to improve on any kind of shooting. that's not his game. he has this way of making space in the paint, and then running in and taking advantage of the situation.

but the way he force attacks the basket regardless of how big the guy there might be ... he's def gonna injure himself again. needs to learn some post moves.

Comment

Working...
      X