Nash Frustrated With Suns Entering Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash Frustrated With Suns Entering Season

Ugh .... considering his age I can't see mediocrity sitting well with Nash for very long. By the sounds of it he's already impatience.

I say Hedo has that effect on everyone.

"To be honest, if I was outside this picture and a betting man, I would probably pick us to be outside of the playoffs considering all the changes and the new guys," team leader Steve Nash said after Sunday's team practice.

Emotional compass Jared Dudley says that while guys are excited about getting started, there are question marks about the on-court chemistry.

It's more than just adjusting to Hedo Turkoglu and Hakim Warrick playing the power forward position and Josh Childress playing the wing with the second unit. Dudley said that even Channing Frye surprised him by rolling to the basket on a pick and roll, something Jared claimed to have never seen before.

"Hopefully, in the next five to ten games, we can get everyone's role set and head to a positive direction," Jared said.

Off the court, Dudley said the team gets along fine, but, so far, it is a quieter team. Warrick, Turkoglu and Childress are less vocal than Leandro Barbosa and Amare Stoudemire, but that could all change with more time together and winning.

"Once you win, chemistry just explodes and everyone loves each other and you have more fun."

The problem, according to Steve Nash, is that winning might be a long ways off. Nash was particularly frustrated with the process of going from a team he felt was very close to winning an NBA championship to essentially starting over again.

"I spent four months this summer and a month this training camp feeling like I'm trying to get to the top," Nash said.

"It's hard as a competitor to convince yourself every day all summer and then through the preseason that you're going to get back to where you were and hopefully take the next step, and then you realize that camp is starting all over again and it's not quite as linear as you made it out to yourself all summer."
    Source - Click here

If when Nash wants out, no problem

Nash+Lawai for Bargnani+Jack

Works salary wise with neither team using a trade exception.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
      If when Nash wants out, no problem

Nash+Lawai for Bargnani+Jack

Works salary wise with neither team using a trade exception.
      I love Nash, I actually think he's the best PG in the league, yes ahead of Paul and Williams. But Bargnani and Jack for a 36 year-old Nash. Who will be our center?

Comment

^ so ur a nash lover then...no sane basketball fan would say gnash is better than CP or Deron you just cant do it.....theres 2 sides of the ball and he only plays 1......

Which leads me to my next point...If i was the Suns id be frustrated that my PG at age 38 still doesnt attempt to play defense...Its one of the main reasons PHX has never won and Nash has never won in the playoffs...

Comment

well Pheonix lost to Portland and lets see the prize acqusition in Turkoglu stat line:

27 mins 2-7 FG and 6 points....

I am so glad he is someone elses 10 Million dollars a season problem.

Comment

Working...
          X