Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dime Mag's five most likely to be moved players

1. Big man, big ego
    It’s clear that the Rockets have zero plans to play T-Mac and would want nothing more than to have him gone. McGrady has been sent home indefinitely and now team officials are pondering what the next move is.
    2. Small man, big ego
    Whether it’s personal or just business, Mike D’Antoni is not playing Nate Robinson and it’s looking like he won’t be doing so anytime soon.
    3. Tyrus
    The Bulls also have a logjam at the power forward slot. The team seems to be high on rookies Taj Gibson and James Johnson and are unlikely to unload Joakim Noah, who is currently second in the NBA in rebounds. That leaves Thomas as possibly, the odd man out.
    4. Mr.Potential
    Throwing in Randolph into a trade, could make it easier for the Warriors to unload Ellis or Maggette. Toronto, Utah, Houston, New York, Washington and New Orleans are just a few of the teams that could make a run at the 20-year-old forward out of Georgia Tech.
    5. Big Z
    Ever since Shaq came into town in the summer, Big Z’s name has been thrown around in the rumor mill. At 34-years old and being injury prone, it’s doubtful that the Cavs would have interest in re-signing Ilgauskas. His expiring contract and ability to contribute right away makes him an attractive target for other teams.
    Thanks to DimeMag.com for a great little article. CLICK HERE to be redirected to the article in its entirety. Looks like Dime thinks that the Raptors would be in the running for Randolph, or at least try to make a play for him.

Isnt Randolph too much of a clone of either Bosh or Bargnani? Our achilles heel continues to be toughness/grit, rebounding and overall defense. I see signs of a turnaround with the current crew in these areas. Both Ellis and Randolph tend to be defensively challenged I think so I dont see the upside unless BC was convinced that Bosh is a goner.

Comment

I think Randolph is more of a small forward. A Rudy Gay or Kevin Durant type player. And I am by no means saying he plays on their level but I am saying he plays the game in a similar fashion. They would move for him to add to the young athletic core. I think Bosh or Bargnani will be leaving town in the next couple of years anyway.

Comment

Randolph is listed as 6/11, 225 and a PF ...here :

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4476

No doubt an intriguing player. Why do you write that Bargnani will be leaving town? Unless of course BC is no longer here or Bosh is here long term and other pieces become a necessity.

Comment

If BC gets Randolph it means Bosh will definitely leave.

Have you seen the skill set of Randolph... a lefty big men from Georgia tech..hmm sound familiar

Is it me or Randolph plays like Bosh when Bosh was a rookie/sophomore

Chris bosh rookie:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm-Z5cNxb5c

Anthony Randolph Rookie:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMLeM5JdWM
          Last edited by KakashiPrince; Mon Dec 28, 2009, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the article Apollo. I was hoping to see Jose's name in the mix though.

I am intrigued by Randolph's potential, but I don't want Maggette as a result. Ellis I can deal with although I think he'll be a huge distraction, but not Maggette.

Comment

Randolph went to LSU.
              Also, Bosh is much better perimeter player while Randolph has the edge in transition.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Randolph is listed as 6/11, 225 and a PF ...here
                Bendit, size does not determine position. Coaches determine positions and that's all based on the player's abilities.

Best Case: Rudy Gay
                What makes Randolph unique is his ability to create his own shot from the perimeter at his size, or operate as a super fluid one-man fast break. He possesses a devastating first step and excellent ball-handling skills, to go along with great coordination and extremely advanced footwork. It’s not rare to see him tap-dancing his way to the basket with the greatest of ease, often throwing in lightning quick spin-moves along the way, only to stop on a dime and then pivot in the opposite direction for an effortless finish.
                DraftExpress.com
                Very quick/athletic for his height. Competitive spirit. Quick face up post moves. Good leaping ability. Good shooting touch for a player his size. Fast feet on defense. Good ballhandler for an almost 7-footer. Capable of playing out on the wing or in the post
                CollegeHoopsNet.com
                NBA Comparison: Lamar Odom/Tayshaun Prince
                Highly versatile. He has a vast array of offensive abilities, especially impressive considering his age: Randolph has a tremendous handle and gets to the basket extremely well off the bounce ... A smooth athlete with great foot speed ... Runs the floor like a deer and has amazing fluidity
                NBAdraft.net

Bendit wrote: View Post
                No doubt an intriguing player. Why do you write that Bargnani will be leaving town? Unless of course BC is no longer here or Bosh is here long term and other pieces become a necessity.
                I said Bargnani OR Bosh will be leaving town. I say this because to me it is obvious that they don't work well together and I also don't feel that they, as a duo in the paint, is enough to hang with the elite teams.

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                Thanks for the article Apollo. I was hoping to see Jose's name in the mix though.
                You're welcome.

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                I am intrigued by Randolph's potential, but I don't want Maggette as a result. Ellis I can deal with although I think he'll be a huge distraction, but not Maggette.
                What if they were to take Turkoglu? Would you be interested in Maggette then? Think about it for a minute. Maggette was getting to the line nearly ten times a game before his move to the Warriors, pair that with Bosh's ten times per games and that's lethal. That's a lot of fouls going against the other club.
                Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 28, 2009, 11:54 PM.

Comment

isn't maggette a ball hog?

Comment

For his career he's an 11 shot per game player, while shooting 45.4% from the field. Bargnani averages that many shots. Maggette is a slasher who goes looking for contact. He's received a little bad pub that's been exaggerated in my opinion.

Comment

Apollo wrote:
                      "Bendit, size does not determine position. Coaches determine positions and that's all based on the player's abilities."

This is not entirely true practically speaking. There are many a player who balk and sulk at a change from what they consider their optimum and most comfortable position. If Randolph thinks he is best suited at the 4 or 5 then anyone trading for him better be sure he is comfortable making a change from that. That is just a reality in todays NBA and his agent has already made noises about him as a 10 mil/yr player. Now if he was a defined scrub your position is quite understandable.

Apollo wrote:
                      "I said Bargnani OR Bosh will be leaving town. I say this because to me it is obvious that they don't work well together and I also don't feel that they, as a duo in the paint, is enough to hang with the elite teams."

I had assumed that you were considering a deal which involved either/or Bosh or Bargs. But you also want Randolph to play the 3, What then of Turk and what must be done to replace the 4 or 5 who would be traded for R and others. I agree the two Bs have their problems, but the last few games have shown that Bargs is playing a better in-out game and Bosh as well is deferring some shots to the rest of the team. Bosh did not play well with JO either. Charlie V. was traded to give Bosh more freedom at his position ...so we are not entirely sure about Randolph's mating with him (if he were to play the 5).

Again, while Randolph, Ellis and Maggette are wonderful offensive talents, you must agree that this is not what ails the current Raptors. Even Turkoglu is making the right moves at the end of games to create shots for himself or a teamate. We really need interior toughness and possibly an experienced 2 who slashes/creates. Wish Evans would lace up and prove the point.

The Raptors are a work in progress with the new faces and coach. A couple of more months will provide a better picture. All of this trade talk is being exacerbated because of Bosh's contract situation. And that too will become clearer I believe. My hope for the present is they just become a consistent and hard nosed defensive minded team to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X