2011 NBA Dunk Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Jennings had a few nice ones towards the end of that video, all have been done a million times over though. Most of those dunks he's just barely over the rim with the ball... Not looking forward to him in the contest. I'd say I'd like his foot injury to nag him but I've got him on my fantasy team, so I won't actually say it...

Here's B Geezy back in '07:

Nice one by Jevale:

A little grainy but here's 2 by Ibaka Da Blocka:

Comment

We need a contest for this. My money won't be on Blake. Call it intuition. That McGee dunk is crazy by the way.

Comment

I would have liked to see Rudy Fernandez. Would maybe keep him in the NBA (which the NBA might want, because of the large Spanish fanbase). His dunks are sick and was completely robbed when he went for it. His dunks were really nice and very difficult. He could definitely bring some flare. Otherwise I'd like to see Stoudemire come back to the contest. Griffin vs. Amare would be sick.

Comment

Difficult dunks don't win it, flare does. I think this whole dunk competition is rigged. Look at the videos they put up on www.nba.com to promote the competition. Ibaka, Jennings and McGee all have 39-50 second videos while Griffin's is 1:21. The dunks they show for those 3 are lame. Even Griffin doesn't have what it takes to win the dunk competition. Unless he gets people who will let him dunk on them. Maybe Galinari will let him do it, haha.

The point is I think they want to push Griffin on the nation for whatever reason. It's kind of sick. Maybe the clippers are paying for it. They even have a video of the JET goin to invite him to it. It doesn't make sense to me and I'm not excited for the competition this year. I hope Jennings (whose dunks are all the same because he can barely get up there) drops out because of his foot problems and they let DeMar in.

Comment

Dunk Comp.

I was talking to some friends lastnight about the dunk comp and why Derozan wasnt in it and how last year sucked and was pretty much just given to Nate Robinson even though Demar was better IMO.

Just wanted to get some opinions on something even though its not directly raptors related.

They should get some real judges make a scoring card alot more accurate to the dunk and not just some random 10 point rating system, instead judge every dunk out of ten based on certain categories, such as:
              Height
              attempts
              distance from basket
              difficulty
              execution
              does he travel

this would make the dunk comp relevant and we could atleast see a point sytem that says ok so and so is definetly the better dunker.

Vince's 360 winmill is an example of a perfect dunk.
              He practicly flew, was perfect in execution, slammed it with power, fast windmill and spin(that dunk was preformed to a T.) take a look ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_e931PFwz0

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                I was talking to some friends lastnight about the dunk comp and why Derozan wasnt in it and how last year sucked and was pretty much just given to Nate Robinson even though Demar was better IMO.

Just wanted to get some opinions on something even though its not directly raptors related.

They should get some real judges make a scoring card alot more accurate to the dunk and not just some random 10 point rating system, instead judge every dunk out of ten based on certain categories, such as:
                Height
                attempts
                distance from basket
                difficulty
                execution
                does he travel

this would make the dunk comp relevant and we could atleast see a point sytem that says ok so and so is definetly the better dunker.

Vince's 360 winmill is an example of a perfect dunk.
                He practicly flew, was perfect in execution, slammed it with power, fast windmill and spin(that dunk was preformed to a T.) take a look ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_e931PFwz0
                This would fit nicely into any of the 4 other posts talking about the Dunk Contest. haha

Comment

is it your job to say so? post something good or F off. so many losers, not enough friends ...

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    is it your job to say so? post something good or F off. so many losers, not enough friends ...
                    Dude, was a joke. Geez.
                    It's a good post, and I agree with everything you're saying. Which is why I'm saying it would fit nicely into those discussions.
                    You have something to contribute.

Comment

sry didint get the sarcasm man. its early still hung over lol .

Comment

^ You guys are funny.

I just want to see a dunk competition with the best in the business. James, Wade, Howard, Griffin, etc... You could make it a 10 point scale with half marks.

Comment

I think it's pretty much set-up for Blake Griffin to win. Not like there's many players in the league that would be able to beat him anyways. I want to see Derrick Rose in the dunk contest instead of Jennings.

Comment

There are a lot of people who can beat Griffin. All he does is dunk on people and it looks sweet in games. He won't dunk on anyone in the competition. It's just him. Look at the mcdonalds video on page 1. boooring!

Comment

Totally agree. People are mesmerized by the great game dunks. Well, Shannon Brown stunk in the competition and so did Gerald Wallace. Both got lots of hype before hand and both are great game dunkers.

Comment

I think BG will surprise most people, if that's possible. That McDonald's Dunk Contest was 4 years ago. He's bigger, faster, stronger, and can no doubt jump higher these days. It's in his new hometown and I think he's gonna be psyched up to put on a great show and get people reallytalking about him.

I've got my money on him anyways... who do you guys have?

Comment

Working...
                                X