No announcement yet.

What comes around goes around: Hawks upset over loss due to shot clock error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What comes around goes around: Hawks upset over loss due to shot clock error

I love this! The Raptors have been screwed over at least twice in Atlanta over mistakes at the scorers table. This is sweet.

That doesn't mean, however, that coach Mike Woodson had let go of an apparent shot-clock error that had a role in the Hawks' 106-101 defeat, the second loss to the Cavaliers in as many nights.

"All I can say is a lot of mistakes were made," Woodson said.

That, actually, was just the start of what he said, confirming that the team was in the process of filing a protest with the NBA within the 48-hour deadline from the end of the game.

"It's been filed," Hawks part-owner Michael Gearon Jr. said Thursday night. "It becomes official [when it arrives in New York] tomorrow."
    "Everybody's fighting and scratching and trying to win a game and it shouldn't come down to a [scorer's] table violation or three officials not being in position to get the calls right," Woodson said. "It shouldn't come down like that, but it happened and the league, it's got to be in their hands now, I think, to do the right thing."
    ajc.com
Working...
X