Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    Fair to assume those who are now agreeing that there is less reason for DeMar to accept a (significant) sub-max contract might also agree that his walking would - likely- be a major set-back for the Raptors?

(Back to the "kiddie-table" for next Christmas dinner, if you take my meaning ... )
    We'd be in trouble from a team building perspective because of our salary situation, for sure. And it would absolutely SUCK not to have capitalized on DD's value, losing him for nothing (even worse than Bosh, who at least had a reason to push for a SnT).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yeah umm DD walking would piss me off... a lot.

Comment

• That said I am fully confident that Masai will offer DD a reasonable deal (that is, a deal competitive with what he is getting offered by other teams, but well short of the true max the Raptors can offer via Bird Rights) and that DD will stay on.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          That said I am fully confident that Masai will offer DD a reasonable deal (that is, a deal competitive with what he is getting offered by other teams, but well short of the true max the Raptors can offer via Bird Rights) and that DD will stay on.
          I've said it a few times, I think if he leaves it'll be for LA. If Kobe is in the meeting and tells DeMar to come to the Lakers and fill Kobe's shoes, that'll be awfully tempting for a kid from Compton.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I don't see DeMar leaving. I just don't. He would have to feel really disrespected by the offer.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              Yeah umm DD walking would piss me off... a lot.

It would depend what Masai does with the cap space but losing an asset for nothing - not by choice - would suck.

On the other hand, it would be interesting see what his biggest fans who talked about loyalty, work ethic, love of Toronto for years had to say.

Comment

• The only way I see DD leaving is too go home but, he want to win. So that don't see that happening.

I would be absolutely shocked if Dd wasn't wearing a raptor jersey next year.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• if he went to LA it would be a few years before they could assemble a team around him, unless they trade their young guys
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• The thing that doesn't have me worried about the lakers is that lately they haven't even been talking basketball in their recruitment pitches. Dd doesn't strike me as a guy who cares about bright lights and being in talk shows. Seems like he's just a baller through and through.

I don't really see why dd would leave unless a legit title contender comes calling but idk anything can happen. Thank God the clippers don't have cap space that's all I'm going to say lol...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thankfully the Lakers probably took themselves out of the running with their crazy signings last summer.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        It would depend what Masai does with the cap space but losing an asset for nothing - not by choice - would suck.

On the other hand, it would be interesting see what his biggest fans who talked about loyalty, work ethic, love of Toronto for years had to say.

If he walked because we didn't offer him a full max and tried to dicker for a 4-year deal or a lower annual rate, I would completely understand if he felt slighted and walked. You don't nickel and dime one of your homegrown leaders.

If he walked after giving hints that he would stay, like Bosh did, I would be disappointed and would admit being wrong about him. If he wants to leave I would hope that he would at least tell Masai the way that Melo did, so that we could scrape together a few cents on the dollar in terms of assets. Again, I would admit being wrong about his character and his loyalty.

On the other hand, if we lock him in for 5 more years, it will be hilarious to see what his biggest detractors who criticize him for "hurting the team every night" have to say. That will potentially make 12 years of complaining--surely a franchise record.

Comment

• If DeRozan does leave it'll be interesting to note that he, Vince and Bosh all gave the Raptors 7 seasons.

Comment

• wow, a civil discussion on RR about maxing Demar...is this for real?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              wow, a civil discussion on RR about maxing Demar...is this for real?
                              This thread is a cold hearted bitch with a 14" strapon. Be careful what you wish for

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                If he walked because we didn't offer him a full max and tried to dicker for a 4-year deal or a lower annual rate, I would completely understand if he felt slighted and walked. You don't nickel and dime one of your homegrown leaders.

If he walked after giving hints that he would stay, like Bosh did, I would be disappointed and would admit being wrong about him. If he wants to leave I would hope that he would at least tell Masai the way that Melo did, so that we could scrape together a few cents on the dollar in terms of assets. Again, I would admit being wrong about his character and his loyalty.

On the other hand, if we lock him in for 5 more years, it will be hilarious to see what his biggest detractors who criticize him for "hurting the team every night" have to say. That will potentially make 12 years of complaining--surely a franchise record.
                                But that's exactly what the Spurs did repeatedly with Timmy D, Manu and Parker - offer less than the max. And the Heat with Wade. The question for DD is: does he want to really show his commitment to winning championships and leave some $$ on the table to give MU cap flexibility, or will he grab all he can get?

I mean, how much is enough? All these NBA stars pay lip service to "winning is all I care about", but when money talks... you know the rest. I'd actually be very surprised if DD signs for the max. He's a fringe elite player who has a love-hate relationship with the fanbase. If he took the max, he'd be setting himself up to be the most criticized athlete in the city/country. My guess would be he signs for 80-90% of the max, or whatever the % of max JV and Lowry signed for.
                                Last edited by golden; Sun Jan 3, 2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X