Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just Is wrote: View Post
    They only keep the pick if it's top 3 but I think there are only 3 other teams that might debatably be worse (one not so debatably): Sixers, Nets and Suns.
    Suns aren't completely awful at home, Nets haven't played many road games yet. I think Lakers will be comfortably the worst team in the league fielding an actual NBA roster.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

    Comment


    • Barolt wrote: View Post
      Think about this. Kobe goes and pitches to DD and Horford, brings them in.

      Now LA's starting 5 is Russell, DD, Clarkson, Randle, Horford. That's a team that competes fairly soon.
      Weak defense

      Comment


      • LJ2 wrote: View Post
        This is DeMar, not Ross. I think DD has thicker skin about what the haters have to say and won't let the background noise bother him.

        And fans are the same everywhere you go. You're going to have those that love a player and can't find anything wrong with them and others whom you can't make happy no matter what you do. It's human nature bro.
        I love the idea of LA fans traipsing over here (because they're dreaming on a player we've already got) ... and then realizing they could be following a better team ... via a better fan forum, as well - one that doesn't hurt the eyes with all the awful, eye-watering, yellow and purple graphics!

        Dream on, Bitches!!
        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Jan 4, 2016, 02:03 PM.

        Comment


        • special1 wrote: View Post
          This is the only thing that scares me. Kobe was/is my favourite player. If the Lakers make Demar their free agent priority....we may be in trouble.

          However, I think they will push hard for KD.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • Barolt wrote: View Post
            Suns aren't completely awful at home, Nets haven't played many road games yet. I think Lakers will be comfortably the worst team in the league fielding an actual NBA roster.
            True but they just lost Bledsoe for the rest of the season (I think).
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

            Comment


            • Just Is wrote: View Post
              True but they just lost Bledsoe for the rest of the season (I think).
              Nets just lost Jack for the season as well.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

              Comment


              • Here's a DeMar stat I don't understand at all.

                We run DeMar off off-ball screens more than twice as much as any other player on the team. In fact, 5th most out of anyone in the NBA. We've set more off-ball screens for DeMar than GSW has set for Curry, or ATL has set for Korver.

                On off-ball screens, DeMar shoots 39.2%, and ranks in the 25th percentile.

                Out of the 4 players who've been run off off-ball screens on our team more than 40 times(Lowry at 56, Ross at 43), DeMar turns the ball over the most and shoots the worst percentage. Lowry has a better FT frequency on off-ball screens.

                So the question is... why?
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                Comment


                • Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Here's a DeMar stat I don't understand at all.

                  We run DeMar off off-ball screens more than twice as much as any other player on the team. In fact, 5th most out of anyone in the NBA. We've set more off-ball screens for DeMar than GSW has set for Curry, or ATL has set for Korver.

                  On off-ball screens, DeMar shoots 39.2%, and ranks in the 25th percentile.

                  Out of the 4 players who've been run off off-ball screens on our team more than 40 times(Lowry at 56, Ross at 43), DeMar turns the ball over the most and shoots the worst percentage. Lowry has a better FT frequency on off-ball screens.

                  So the question is... why?
                  OMG, stat analysis gone awry. And the question is....why? Haven't got the memo yet that DeMar has risen his game to a new level and is having a hell of a season? To the point that even most of his serious detractors of the past are no longer nit-picking his game?

                  "We've set more off-ball screens for DeMar than GSW has set for Curry".... let's not mention in 4 more games.. % wise, almost identical, and that's nba life for very high usage guards, ho-hum

                  "or ATL has set for Korver.".. hardly a relevant comparison in any universe, since that's all Korver is asked to do. Note that % wise, Korver is at 31.3% to DDs 13.8%, but their scoring frequencies are identical, while Korver is never expected to create for others like DeMar is. Senseless comparison.

                  "On off-ball screens, DeMar shoots 39.2%, and ranks in the 25th percentile."... Other than slightly lower possessions, due to 7 less games for KD, almost all numbers across the board are identical to KD. Does this mean KD is bad, or that DD is on par with him? Or does it mean SFA? 25th percentile,smh. Yeah, let's lump those 2 in with all the guys whose only job is to catch and shoot in those situations, some once or twice a game. That percentile thing is totally useless when lumping such diverse player roles together

                  "DeMar turns the ball over the most ".... ya think that might have something to do with DeMar being used an awful lot on those to drive into the paint to create offense, where KL and TR are used that way mostly to catch and shoot?

                  ".....and shoots the worst percentage" Blatantly wrong. KL's FG% in these is far less than DeMar's and TR's is pretty much identical, despite far less burden to create.

                  With the season he's having, I don't get such seemingly desperate attempts to knock him down

                  Comment


                  • Eliza wrote: View Post
                    OMG, stat analysis gone awry. And the question is....why? Haven't got the memo yet that DeMar has risen his game to a new level and is having a hell of a season? To the point that even most of his serious detractors of the past are no longer nit-picking his game?

                    "We've set more off-ball screens for DeMar than GSW has set for Curry".... let's not mention in 4 more games.. % wise, almost identical, and that's nba life for very high usage guards, ho-hum

                    "or ATL has set for Korver.".. hardly a relevant comparison in any universe, since that's all Korver is asked to do. Note that % wise, Korver is at 31.3% to DDs 13.8%, but their scoring frequencies are identical, while Korver is never expected to create for others like DeMar is. Senseless comparison.

                    "On off-ball screens, DeMar shoots 39.2%, and ranks in the 25th percentile."... Other than slightly lower possessions, due to 7 less games for KD, almost all numbers across the board are identical to KD. Does this mean KD is bad, or that DD is on par with him? Or does it mean SFA? 25th percentile,smh. Yeah, let's lump those 2 in with all the guys whose only job is to catch and shoot in those situations, some once or twice a game. That percentile thing is totally useless when lumping such diverse player roles together

                    "DeMar turns the ball over the most ".... ya think that might have something to do with DeMar being used an awful lot on those to drive into the paint to create offense, where KL and TR are used that way mostly to catch and shoot?

                    ".....and shoots the worst percentage" Blatantly wrong. KL's FG% in these is far less than DeMar's and TR's is pretty much identical, despite far less burden to create.

                    With the season he's having, I don't get such seemingly desperate attempts to knock him down
                    http://stats.nba.com/playtype/#!/off...eviation*E*TOR

                    Where are you getting your numbers from? DeMar gets 0.79 PPP on off-screen plays, much lower than Lowry's 1.00 or Ross' 0.91.

                    Yes, off-screen is a greater percentage of korver's plays, but it shouldn't be part of DeMar's repertoire because DeMar is bad off screens.

                    His eFG% is 39.7%, much lower than Lowry's 48.0% or 48.8%. Raw FG% is higher than Lowry's, but eFG% is a better stat.

                    Drive numbers are irrelevant when talking about off-ball screens, drives are tracked seperately.

                    Not sure where the Durant comparison comes in, but yes, I'd agree, Durant is also not good coming off screens. Interestingly, Westbrook is very good off screens, at 1.29 PPP.

                    And yes, it makes sense to compare DeMar to Lowry and Ross on off-screen plays when DeMar gets run off screens as many times as the two of them COMBINED. DeMar is a good post-up player, great driving to the rim, good as the ball handler in pick and rolls. BAD coming off screens and shouldn't be run off screens.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                    Comment


                    • Eliza wrote: View Post
                      OMG, stat analysis gone awry. And the question is....why? Haven't got the memo yet that DeMar has risen his game to a new level "....

                      ..and shoots the worst percentage" Blatantly wrong. KL's FG% in these is far less than DeMar's and TR's is pretty much identical, despite far less burden to create.

                      With the season he's having, I don't get such seemingly desperate attempts to knock him down
                      Barolt is a stat-guy ... and he digs up some pretty interesting stuff, at that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this is an attempt (simply) to Knock him down. True, it's not an attempt to build him up, either - but then there are so many flattering DD stats that I'd take Barolt's question "why?" at face value.

                      Comment


                      • I smell a fish.

                        Comment


                        • Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                          Barolt is a stat-guy ... and he digs up some pretty interesting stuff, at that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this is an attempt (simply) to Knock him down. True, it's not an attempt to build him up, either - but then there are so many flattering DD stats that I'd take Barolt's question "why?" at face value.
                          This is it. My point wasn't to make DeMar look bad, more to say why are we running him off screens when we can use DeMar better?

                          And if we need off-screen sets to run our offense, why can't we use Ross or Lowry in those sets instead?
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                          Comment


                          • Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            Barolt is a stat-guy ... and he digs up some pretty interesting stuff, at that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this is an attempt (simply) to Knock him down. True, it's not an attempt to build him up, either - but then there are so many flattering DD stats that I'd take Barolt's question "why?" at face value.
                            Gotcha

                            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            I smell a fish.
                            Huh? example of your "basketball talk"? Haven't a clue. Some sort of baiting thing? in-house code style? fish?

                            Barolt wrote: View Post
                            This is it. My point wasn't to make DeMar look bad, more to say why are we running him off screens when we can use DeMar better?

                            And if we need off-screen sets to run our offense, why can't we use Ross or Lowry in those sets instead?
                            My apologies that I misjudged your post. To answer this question:

                            Because it's a play primarily used for the SG role in the offense, and

                            Ross, understandably doesn't get as many touches as DD,,, yet note that a higher % of his touches are off these already
                            Lowry, most of his come when he is playing the off guard and Joseph is the PG
                            Last edited by Eliza; Mon Jan 4, 2016, 07:58 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Eliza wrote: View Post
                              Because it's a play primarily used for the SG role in the offense, and

                              Ross, understandably doesn't get as many touches as DD,,, yet note that a higher % of his touches are off these already
                              Lowry, most of his come when he is playing the off guard and Joseph is the PG
                              Because 'that's how it's done' is a bad reason to run a play. If you aren't going to run off-ball screens for the guys who are good at them, just don't run them. Use those possessions for high efficiency Lowry/DeMar drives, or Jonas post touches.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                              Comment


                              • Can't believe Eliza's only put up 16 posts. Sixteen! Seems like you've been here awhile, man.


                                (Figure out how to re-set the counter - stay "forever young")?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X