Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barolt wrote: View Post
    Thanks for that, interesting info. Obviously, the exception being a sign-and-trade in which the other team also gets the bird rights. A lot of Raptors fans hate this idea, but personally I think if in June/July DeMar makes it clear to Masai he's leaving, I'd rather get something than nothing in return.
    Err, no. Bird Rights are not transferable via SnT since the 2011 CBA.

    There is no longer any reason for a player to do a sign and trade unless he goes to a team without the cap room to sign him (and good luck finding one of those this summer).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      Err, no. Bird Rights are not transferable via SnT since the 2011 CBA.

      There is no longer any reason for a player to do a sign and trade unless he goes to a team without the cap room to sign him (and good luck finding one of those this summer).
      Ah, didn't know that had changed.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        Meaning what exactly? Differing raises, etc, from year to year? Yeah, just look at PPat's contract. 5.8M, 6.3M, 6.1M.
        meaning a contract that goes up and then down in value, or down and then up.

        Patterson's is evidence that you can go up and then back down i guess, but can you go down and then back up?

        Is it all fair game if it's within the 7.5% year-over-year change?

        Comment


        • Two beer away from being two beers away.

          Comment


          • Snooch wrote: View Post
            thats not what I said. I hate watching him play, wasnt a fan of Boshs style of play either.

            So sue me, demar is a boring ass basketball player to watch.

            The only time I get out of my seat when watching Demar play is to yell at him for doing something stupid.m Which thankfully after 7 years of pulling my hair out is happening at a much lower rate now, still to much, but at least it doesnt make me turn off the tv nearly as often....well at least not for that reason.

            I can love the team, I do love the team, doesnt mean i have to jerk off over demar.
            Jesus... thought watching basketball was supposed to be fun? I watch sports for entertainment value, normally if a Raptors game is boring me I'll just turn it off unless it's a playoff game (I've done that a couple times this year). It sounds like it's legit painful for you to watch games because of DD, so why even bother?

            Comment


            • I'm tired of reading how loyal he is to the city and how much he likes it here. It's a cool story, but Aldridge loved Portland too. Lots of guys love the city they're in and still leave for other reasons. When the signature is on the contract, I'll be sold that he's staying. Until then, it'd be great to have him stay(even better if the price isn't the full max), but him saying the right things doesn't mean anything other than that he's got good PR.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

              Comment


              • KHD wrote: View Post
                meaning a contract that goes up and then down in value, or down and then up.

                Patterson's is evidence that you can go up and then back down i guess, but can you go down and then back up?

                Is it all fair game if it's within the 7.5% year-over-year change?
                Yeah, you can do whatever you want if you stay within those max raises/decreases.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • REPOSTING THIS VIDEO AGAIN UPDATED THE VIDEO,

                  SIX HATERS, THEY JUST DISLIKE FOR NO REASON

                  DEMAR A TRUE BROTHA, DEMAR DOE'S NOT PLAY!

                  DEMAR GETS TO THE BASKET AS EASY AS PHIL KESSEL GLIDES ON ICE.. SO EFORTLESSLY,

                  NONE CAN STOP DEMAR AKA EXAMPLE FROM GETTING TO THE BASKET
                  NOT EVEN THA BROTHA CALLED AVALANCHE



                  EXAMPLE GOT THE POST UP GAME AS GOOD AS MICHAEL JORDAN AND KOBE BRYANT!!!
                  POST UP GAME OF THA EMPERORS!!!


                  EXAMPLE CAN PASS AS GOOD AS MOST POINT GUARDS





                  DEMAR "THA EXAMPLE" DEROZAN LOVES THE CHALLENGE OF REPPING AGAINST THE GREATEST OF THE ASSOCIATION.

                  DEMAR THA EXAMPLE DEROZAN HAS THE BEST TEAMMATES OF ALL THE SQUADS,
                  NONE BETTER THEN AVALANCHE



                  EXAMPLE(Demar) AND AVALANCHE(James) HONED THEIR SKILLS CHALLENGING ONE ANOTHER 1 ON 1 GETTING BETTER




                  DEMAR LEARNED FROM THA AVALANCHE TO BECOME A DRIBBLING KING TO REACH THE NEXT LEVEL OF BALL




                  AND DEMAR ALSO LEARNING TO HIT THEM THREE SHOTS TO REACH THE LEVEL OF EMPEROR OF BASKETBALL



                  WHEN DEMAR ASKED JAMES WHY HE CAN'T SHOOT, JAMES SMILED, TOOK A BALL, SHOT AT THE NET ONLY USED ONE HAND..


                  SWISH, SCORED WITHOUT TRYING


                  "I JUST LIKE TO DRIVE ON KLAFFY CLOWNS!!!" SAID JAMES JOHNSON.
                  STRAIGHT DUNKING ON CLOWNS!!!

                  THEM BROTHAS FROM THA GOOD LOYAL TO ONE ANOTHER REPPING THE SEVEN TIL CHRIST COMES


                  DON'T TALK ABOUT TRADING NONE OF THEM, FIRE THE COACH DWAYNE CASEY,
                  THAT RAPTOR SQUAD LOYAL TO TORONTO

                  LOYAL
                  https://soundcloud.com/rapzilla/5-loyal-ft-milliyon
                  Tha Cool Christian Brotha Inside The Video Posted Earlier, Not Me, One Love Brotha.

                  Blessings
                  Last edited by CB4Champ; Sun Jan 10th, 2016, 08:29 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Snooch-torture

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post
                      That would be pretty good, but I doubt it (offers from other teams are likely to be in the 4/107 range, another 8M in the 5th year would be quite a discount).

                      Probably need to go 5/125 at minimum to compete with 4/107. Maybe if structured like this: 25M, 27M, 26M, 24M, 22M (PO). I think I'd actually be happy with that deal. Gives him essentially a 4/102 deal (so a 5M hit, to make it essentially a 25M flat deal for 4 years) then an opt out on that 22M year.

                      Obviously the hope is lower but...
                      Eww

                      The team that pays DD is going to suffer.

                      Offensively, he is having a good year but his production is largely predicated on the system putting him in the best position possible (for him), at the expense of many of his teammates.

                      We can pretty much all agree that the system needs to change, so where does DD fit in that new system?

                      Defensively, he is still a bad defender (I will never concede average because he is bad). You want to be a good team, your best players have to be able to play defense.

                      Comment


                      • OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Eww

                        The team that pays DD is going to suffer.

                        Offensively, he is having a good year but his production is largely predicated on the system putting him in the best position possible (for him), at the expense of many of his teammates.

                        We can pretty much all agree that the system needs to change, so where does DD fit in that new system?

                        Defensively, he is still a bad defender (I will never concede average because he is bad). You want to be a good team, your best players have to be able to play defense.
                        So tired of this narrative, it's not based in any kind of fact, just grasping at straws pretty much.

                        Don't you get it by now? This version of DeRozan is a star player, those players can be made to work in pretty much any system with the right coaching. Look at LaMarcus Aldridge for example, similar type of star to DD in Portland, very high usage volume scorer. In San Antonio he's seen his usage cut a bit to 25% (he's usually closer to 30%) but he's at a career high in WS/48 and his play along with Kawhi's rise to stardom has elevated them to some insane heights (the Spurs statistically are arguably the best team in NBA history right now based on SRS and netRTG differential).

                        I'm also very curious as to how the hell playing slow as nails (we're nearly last in the league in pace) and consistently rolling out lineups with only one guy that can stretch the floor (Lowry-DD-JJ-Scola-JV anyone???) is putting a slashing wing who's excellent in transition in the best possible situation to succeed.

                        So tired of hearing that he can't play in any other system, I call BS on that.

                        And he's not a bad defender, he IS about average and understands team defensive concepts well and fulfills his role within those schemes. Not everybody has to be a lockdown defender on a championship team.

                        Comment


                        • JWash wrote: View Post
                          So tired of this narrative, it's not based in any kind of fact, just grasping at straws pretty much.

                          Don't you get it by now? This version of DeRozan is a star player, those players can be made to work in pretty much any system with the right coaching. Look at LaMarcus Aldridge for example, similar type of star to DD in Portland, very high usage volume scorer. In San Antonio he's seen his usage cut a bit to 25% (he's usually closer to 30%) but he's at a career high in WS/48 and his play along with Kawhi's rise to stardom has elevated them to some insane heights (the Spurs statistically are arguably the best team in NBA history right now based on SRS and netRTG differential).

                          I'm also very curious as to how the hell playing slow as nails (we're nearly last in the league in pace) and consistently rolling out lineups with only one guy that can stretch the floor (Lowry-DD-JJ-Scola-JV anyone???) is putting a slashing wing who's excellent in transition in the best possible situation to succeed.

                          So tired of hearing that he can't play in any other system, I call BS on that.

                          And he's not a bad defender, he IS about average and understands team defensive concepts well and fulfills his role within those schemes. Not everybody has to be a lockdown defender on a championship team.
                          Going to agree with JWash here. DeMar can work in a better offense, he just needs to be the only non-shooter in that offense. He's shown he's good enough to make it work, you just can't surround him with guys like JJ and Biz who don't stretch the floor to open up space for him.

                          I'm not sure he's a good defender, I don't think he's a bad one. He does have a tendency to sag off shooters a little too much, but that's a fixable thing with a good defensive coach.(which we're supposed to have, but whatever)

                          I think DeMar's problems start with Casey, in a lot of areas.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                          Comment


                          • OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Eww

                            The team that pays DD is going to suffer.

                            Offensively, he is having a good year but his production is largely predicated on the system putting him in the best position possible (for him), at the expense of many of his teammates.

                            We can pretty much all agree that the system needs to change, so where does DD fit in that new system?

                            Defensively, he is still a bad defender (I will never concede average because he is bad). You want to be a good team, your best players have to be able to play defense.
                            This is nonsense. I think DD plays even better with a true offensive system. Scoring in iso is the hardest thing to do on offense in the NBA, so how is consistently putting him in that situation putting him in the best position possible?

                            Derozan has a 106 DRtg, 105 is average, so he's just a bit below average this year. He's 10th amongst starting SG, so you could say he is above average for his position.

                            Comment


                            • Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Going to agree with JWash here. DeMar can work in a better offense, he just needs to be the only non-shooter in that offense. He's shown he's good enough to make it work, you just can't surround him with guys like JJ and Biz who don't stretch the floor to open up space for him.

                              I'm not sure he's a good defender, I don't think he's a bad one. He does have a tendency to sag off shooters a little too much, but that's a fixable thing with a good defensive coach.(which we're supposed to have, but whatever)

                              I think DeMar's problems start with Casey, in a lot of areas.
                              I disagree. DD is only really effective when he has the ball in his hands. He routinely misses swing passes and you can help off him.

                              If you change the system with lots of swinging the ball around the horn he just wont fit as well as someone a lot cheaper. Only way I can see him being a good option on a very good offensive team is off the bench. Again not paying for that

                              Comment


                              • Primer wrote: View Post
                                This is nonsense. I think DD plays even better with a true offensive system. Scoring in iso is the hardest thing to do on offense in the NBA, so how is consistently putting him in that situation putting him in the best position possible?

                                Derozan has a 106 DRtg, 105 is average, so he's just a bit below average this year. He's 10th amongst starting SG, so you could say he is above average for his position.
                                Only time will tell

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X