Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Barolt wrote: View Post
    Going to agree with JWash here. DeMar can work in a better offense, he just needs to be the only non-shooter in that offense. He's shown he's good enough to make it work, you just can't surround him with guys like JJ and Biz who don't stretch the floor to open up space for him.

    I'm not sure he's a good defender, I don't think he's a bad one. He does have a tendency to sag off shooters a little too much, but that's a fixable thing with a good defensive coach.(which we're supposed to have, but whatever)

    I think DeMar's problems start with Casey, in a lot of areas.
    I'll need to wait until the end of the season for confirmation but it seems to be the case. Before I thought it was more of a mix.

    I'm probably going to catch some flack for this part: At the same time though; Demar is going to be paid this off-season. Everything about it right now though is reminding me of another similar situation with another player (not in terms of playing style as Demar lacks a 3): Joe Johnson. It's going to be a bad contract that whatever team gives him is going to regret but he should still be movable in the best case scenario and suitable even if he stays in the worst case scenario.

    I don't know if Demar works in every offense due to his lack of a 3, him not being a good shooter in the mid range and needing the ball in his hands a lot to be effective ... but if he continues to play like he's been playing (even if his actual stats fell off the cliff); I'd say he's at least earned the opportunity to give it a shot.

    At the same time; that's a massive upgrade from what I thought at the beginning of the season.
    Last edited by Just Is; Sat Jan 9, 2016, 09:21 PM.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

    Comment


    • Just Is wrote: View Post
      I'll need to wait until the end of the season for confirmation but it seems to be the case. Before I thought it was more of a mix.

      I'm probably going to catch some flack for this part: At the same time though; Demar is going to be paid this off-season. Everything about it right now though is reminding me of another similar situation with another player (not in terms of playing style as Demar lacks a 3): Joe Johnson. It's going to be a bad contract that whatever team gives him is going to regret but he should still be movable in the best case scenario and suitable even if he stays in the worst case scenario.

      I don't know if Demar works in every offense due to his lack of a 3, him not being a good shooter in the mid range and needing the ball in his hands a lot to be effective ... but if he continues to play like he's been playing (even if his actual stats fell off the cliff); I'd say he's at least earned the opportunity to give it a shot.

      At the same time; that's a massive upgrade from what I thought at the beginning of the season.
      I'm with you here, at the end of November I thought $20 million per year was too much for DeMar. His decision making has been so much better the last 5 weeks though. The concern, of course, is that this is a flash in the pan contract year situation.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

      Comment


      • Primer wrote: View Post
        This is nonsense. I think DD plays even better with a true offensive system. Scoring in iso is the hardest thing to do on offense in the NBA, so how is consistently putting him in that situation putting him in the best position possible?

        Derozan has a 106 DRtg, 105 is average, so he's just a bit below average this year. He's 10th amongst starting SG, so you could say he is above average for his position.
        Bbref shows DD at 112 ORTG, which is stellar. At his high usage, 106 would look alot like Swaggy P or JR Smith.

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post
          Bbref shows DD at 112 ORTG, which is stellar. At his high usage, 106 would look alot like Swaggy P or JR Smith.
          He said 106 Drtg.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

          Comment


          • Barolt wrote: View Post
            He said 106 Drtg.
            Thx. nvm. ☺

            Comment


            • I can't seem to find the right shot maps, but does it seem like lately Demar has found a couple of spots on the floor where he's more comfortable taking the 3? I think his comfort from those spots may have contributed to his recent success with the 3 ball.

              Comment


              • One big question I have moving forward is can DD adjust his game come playoff time. By adjust I mean take what the defence gives, involve your teammates and not try to force things.

                Comment


                • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  One big question I have moving forward is can DD adjust his game come playoff time. By adjust I mean take what the defence gives, involve your teammates and not try to force things.
                  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not hopeful.

                  Reason is what we've seen happen down the stretch in regular season.

                  He has done a great job this season but when pressure is on he seems to revert to his old ways.

                  Maybe another 40 games helps get him ready.

                  Fingers crossed.

                  Comment


                  • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not hopeful.

                    Reason is what we've seen happen down the stretch in regular season.

                    He has done a great job this season but when pressure is on he seems to revert to his old ways.

                    Maybe another 40 games helps get him ready.

                    Fingers crossed.
                    I want to believe too that DD will adjust but I am concerned reality may set in and we just repeat the previous cycle.

                    Comment


                    • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      I want to believe too that DD will adjust but I am concerned reality may set in and we just repeat the previous cycle.
                      History of the last two years unfortunately favours that outcome.

                      We shall see.

                      I'm really going to be disappointed if status quo remains the same after a possible third consecutive year of first round knockout.

                      Comment


                      • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        History of the last two years unfortunately favours that outcome.

                        We shall see.

                        I'm really going to be disappointed if status quo remains the same after a possible third consecutive year of first round knockout.
                        In the interview Lowry did with Zach Lowe, he said that if they don't win a playoff series this year he expects a ton of changes to happen.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

                        Comment


                        • Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          In the interview Lowry did with Zach Lowe, he said that if they don't win a playoff series this year he expects a ton of changes to happen.
                          Let's be realistic. If we flame out in the first round of the playoffs again, if DeMar and Kyle in an offense that, as they've said, let's them do whatever they want, then a Kyle/DeMar core is NEVER going to get it done and it's time for drastic changes. At least one of the Kyle/DeMar/Casey has to go, in my opinion more than one.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                          Comment


                          • Barolt wrote: View Post
                            Let's be realistic. If we flame out in the first round of the playoffs again, if DeMar and Kyle in an offense that, as they've said, let's them do whatever they want, then a Kyle/DeMar core is NEVER going to get it done and it's time for drastic changes. At least one of the Kyle/DeMar/Casey has to go, in my opinion more than one.
                            Quite possible.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

                            Comment


                            • The easy decision is to make changes if we lose in the first round.
                              The harder one is what to do if we lose in the second round.

                              Comment


                              • Nah Man, Casey got to Go, so this team Can take off..

                                He holding the Squad Back, Possibly Still on Purpose....


                                This Team Can Win Titles Now...Don't Trade NONE 1-15 DEEP!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X