Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    It's pretty easy to see who's actually a fan of Demar and who's not.

If you just became a Demar fan.... Yay.

About fucking time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm still not 100% sold, being honest. I love the JV/DeMar two man game, I hate when we don't move the ball.

The lack of ball movement either comes down to Casey or Kyle/DeMar. I'm choosing to believe it's a Casey thing, because DeMar and Kyle have both shown they can be willing passers.

I would love to see our offense expand more and use JV more, because I feel like he's capable of being a lot better than what we're letting him be.

And I'm still slightly worried that this is a contract year for DeMar, and there might be some regression next season. But I'm trying to be optimistic.

One thing I've tried to be around here is malleable. If someone can prove me wrong, I've tried to be willing to change my opinion. But a lot of the posts that disagree with me boil down to 'your argument is dumb', and that doesn't convince me of anything. If you want me to change my point of view, show me why it's wrong.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Barolt wrote: View Post
      I'm still not 100% sold, being honest. I love the JV/DeMar two man game, I hate when we don't move the ball.

The lack of ball movement either comes down to Casey or Kyle/DeMar. I'm choosing to believe it's a Casey thing, because DeMar and Kyle have both shown they can be willing passers.

I would love to see our offense expand more and use JV more, because I feel like he's capable of being a lot better than what we're letting him be.

And I'm still slightly worried that this is a contract year for DeMar, and there might be some regression next season. But I'm trying to be optimistic.

One thing I've tried to be around here is malleable. If someone can prove me wrong, I've tried to be willing to change my opinion. But a lot of the posts that disagree with me boil down to 'your argument is dumb', and that doesn't convince me of anything. If you want me to change my point of view, show me why it's wrong.
      Sometimes it's much easier letting Demar do it for himself

Plenty of posters have changed their minds about Demar....(I know because I've been on this site long enough).

People have their biases.

It's so much easier to blame Casey, Demar and Kyle than it is to admit that JV isn't the superstar you think he is/will be.

I like JV. I think he's solid. But apparently he's a superstar to some around here. I don't see it yet..... I hope the people who think he's a superstar / run offence through type of guy are right because I like the guy and him being at that level is great for everyone.

Having said that.... I see two all-stars (Kyle and Demar). Shitting on them to boost JV isn't the way to go. JV will have to prove for himself if he's gonna be the best C in the league.

Comment

Plenty of guys have changed their minds about Demar.

People have their biases. It's so much easier to blame Casey, Demar and Kyle than it is to admit that JV isn't the superstar you think he is/will be.

I like JV. I think he's solid. But apparently he's a superstar to some around here. I don't see that..... I hope the people who think he's a superstar / run offence through type of guy are right because I like the guy and him being at that level is great for everyone.

Having said that.... I see two all-stars (Kyle and Demar). Shitting on them to boost JV isn't the way to go. JV will have to prove for himself if he's gonna be the best C in the league.

It's not shitting on Kyle/DeMar to say that JV might be better at his peak.

The truth is, we don't have enough ball movement. We're better when we move the ball. Watching the game, you can see that during stretches when we have lots of movement, the offense seems easier for everyone. So if we don't always do that, the question has to be, why? And there must be an answer to that. The answer has to either be coaching, or the guys who have the ball in their hands. It's hard to come to any other conclusion.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          It's not shitting on Kyle/DeMar to say that JV might be better at his peak.

The truth is, we don't have enough ball movement. We're better when we move the ball. Watching the game, you can see that during stretches when we have lots of movement, the offense seems easier for everyone. So if we don't always do that, the question has to be, why? And there must be an answer to that. The answer has to either be coaching, or the guys who have the ball in their hands. It's hard to come to any other conclusion.
          In your opinion JV may be better at his peak.... So? Kyle and Demar are in their peak! In my opinion JV may never get to their current level of play (multiple all-star status).

In reality Kyle and Demar are our best players. Maybe JV surpasses them, maybe not. Let's not pretend that it's even close right now....

Comment

In your opinion JV may be better at his peak.... So? Kyle and Demar are in their peak! In my opinion JV may never get to their current level of play (multiple all-star status).

In reality Kyle and Demar are our best players. Maybe JV surpasses them, maybe not. Let's not pretend that it's even close right now....

It's not close right now, that's fair. JV isn't currently as good as the two of them. However... the offense puts the ball in Kyle/DeMar's hands a lot, and in JV's hands much less. We could certainly use JV better, you have to admit.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Barolt wrote: View Post
              It's not close right now, that's fair. JV isn't currently as good as the two of them. However... the offense puts the ball in Kyle/DeMar's hands a lot, and in JV's hands much less. We could certainly use JV better, you have to admit.
              Yes, I think he can definitely handle more usage. That I agree with you. He's a good player...obviously.

I also think we can be a little impatient at times. The guys is 23 years old and we know bigs take longer to develop. His passing game is just starting to show a lot of growth.

Hopefully, if/when Kyle is exiting his peak/JV will be hitting his.

I see so many posters advocating to blow it up and run the offence through JV and I think it's a bad call. Let him experience winning seasons and establish himself.

I bet JV would rather be on a winning team than to be the focal point of a losing one.

Comment

Plenty of posters have changed their minds about Demar....(I know because I've been on this site long enough).

People have their biases.

It's so much easier to blame Casey, Demar and Kyle than it is to admit that JV isn't the superstar you think he is/will be.

I like JV. I think he's solid. But apparently he's a superstar to some around here. I don't see it yet..... I hope the people who think he's a superstar / run offence through type of guy are right because I like the guy and him being at that level is great for everyone.

People changed their tunes because DeMar changed his game.

The years of criticisms were, overall, addressed.

Had he not changed his game the tune would not have changed.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  People changed their tunes because DeMar changed his game.

The years of criticisms were, overall, addressed.

Had he not changed his game the tune would not have changed.
                  Regardless, many believed that he could take the next step. We were mocked daily.

Really it comes down to taking better shots to go with his obvious improvements in handling the ball.

I'm glad the tunes have changed. Although, even you have to admit that some "just hate his game"....regardless of how well he plays.

Comment

Regardless, many believed that he could take the next step. We were mocked daily.

Really it comes down to taking better shots to go with his obvious improvements in handling the ball.

I'm glad the tunes have changed. Although, even you have to admit that some "just hate his game"....regardless of how well he plays.

Here's the thing... I don't really see a massive improvement from DeMar as far as 'tools' go this season, it's all mental.

He's starting to figure out the game and the next step is to be a guy who actively makes his teammates better. He doesn't do that yet, but he has all the tools to do so.

Comment

Here's the thing... I don't really see a massive improvement from DeMar as far as 'tools' go this season, it's all mental.

He's starting to figure out the game and the next step is to be a guy who actively makes his teammates better. He doesn't do that yet, but he has all the tools to do so.
                      "The next step is to be a guy who actively makes his teammates better. He doesn't do that yet, but he has all the tools to do so."

Not sure how you know that he doesn't actively make his teammates better.

I actually remember Ross saying that he worked out with Demar in the summer and how much Demar has helped him to get better. I can't remember if it was this past summer or the summer before that.

The point is that a lot goes on behind the scenes and just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Comment

"The next step is to be a guy who actively makes his teammates better. He doesn't do that yet, but he has all the tools to do so."

Not sure how you know that he doesn't actively make his teammates better.

I actually remember Ross saying that he worked out with Demar in the summer and how much Demar has helped him to get better. I can't remember if it was this past summer or the summer before that.

The point is that a lot goes on behind the scenes and just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Fair enough, we don't know what happens off the court. On the court, in game though, he doesn't have a significant positive impact on his teammates' level of play. There's no real evidence of him being the type of player who makes others better in game. Yet. That would be a huge 'next step' for him.

Comment

• Lol, like this never ends.

Comment

Fair enough, we don't know what happens off the court. On the court, in game though, he doesn't have a significant positive impact on his teammates' level of play. There's no real evidence of him being the type of player who makes others better in game. Yet. That would be a huge 'next step' for him.
                            So now that's the narrative?

Who on our team actually does this? The only guy that comes to mind is Lowry.... But obviously he's our PG.

Comment

• That 3-pointer is coming along. Fuck YES.

Comment

So now that's the narrative?

Who on our team actually does this? The only guy that comes to mind is Lowry.... But obviously he's our PG.

It's not 'the narrative', it's just what great players do. It's what will bring him to the next level. I'm saying I'm a fan, I'm just saying that next step is actively making other guys better.

Comment

Working...
                                X