Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    Did Lebron ever say anything about wanting to leave the Cavs?
    You're right, he didn't. But can we at least admit that the line connecting DeRozan to the Lakers, is nothing more than in our heads at this point?

Bosh never went back to Dallas either.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      You're right, he didn't. But can we at least admit that the line connecting DeRozan to the Lakers, is nothing more than in our heads at this point?

Bosh never went back to Dallas either.
      there is a connection though, and its not in our heads.

Demar is from LAL, and a situation has come up which would allow for Demar to take over from his hero, play with top draft picks and most likely another max money free agent.

Bosh and Dallas was never an option as Dallas had Dirk and no capspace to sign Bosh.

Comment

Demar is from LAL, and a situation has come up which would allow for Demar to take over from his hero, play with top draft picks and most likely another max money free agent.

Bosh and Dallas was never an option as Dallas had Dirk and no capspace to sign Bosh.
        I think you're missing what I was implying. DeMar to LA is one of many possible scenarios, and one where we're assuming wanting to go "home" and take over his "hero" are motivating factors.

It's just as likely that he doesn't give 2 shits about LA and/or replacing Kobe.

Comment

• http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...rything-to-him

Kobe means a LOT to DeMar. DeMar's talked about it a ton. Talked about how he wants to work with Kobe, learn from him. If Kobe's a part of LA's free agency pitch, it really could make a big difference.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Bosh to Houston was an option though, and he could've played with Harden and Howard. Instead he chose to go back to Miami.

Sometimes money talks, and in this case, I imagine it will in favour of the Raps.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...rything-to-him

Kobe means a LOT to DeMar. DeMar's talked about it a ton. Talked about how he wants to work with Kobe, learn from him. If Kobe's a part of LA's free agency pitch, it really could make a big difference.
              There's no denying who his hero is. But that's still a leap to assume DeRozan would wanna play for the Lakers, a team that no longer has anything to do with Kobe.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...rything-to-him

But Kobe is retiring after this season ... what would he have to pitch?

Comment

I think you're missing what I was implying. DeMar to LA is one of many possible scenarios, and one where we're assuming wanting to go "home" and take over his "hero" are motivating factors.

It's just as likely that he doesn't give 2 shits about LA and/or replacing Kobe.
                  Demar does seem to still have a connection back in Compton with his high school and I guess the Drew League counts in his case (since he is one of the mainstays there).

I would certainly put more stock in Demar to LA than Bosh to Dallas for comparison.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• For what it's worth, I could totally see DeMar going to the Lakers.

It' make business sense when you consider all of the endorsements he can get from a big market team like that. His "brand" could never reach those levels in Toronto. Then there are all of the personal reasons for playing for the Lakers.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      His old locker?

But seriously, legacy, torch; all that type of stuff which doesn't really matter on the court but may impact how someone feels about a situation.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

"DeMar, come play for the Lakers. We used to win championships, but don't anymore. You can read all about it in my memoirs." - K. Bryant

SOLD!

Comment

Replace 3/5 of any starting lineup with allstars, and every team looks good.
                          Hell I'll take 2/5

Lowry
                          DeMar
                          Durant
                          Bosh
                          JV

So where do we sign up?

Comment

The Lakers typically keep their stars involved organizationally after they retire. Could totally see Kobe working in a developmental position with the team, working with guys like Clarkson, Russell. Kobe's a notorious gym and film rat, and he could help a lot of guys.

Having that type of role would also put him in the position to work with DeMar, which could potentially help a free agency bid, right?
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• If DeMar REALLY wants to emulate Kobe, he'll stay in Toronto. That's what Kobe did, established a legacy with one franchise. Let's hope DD wants to do the same (not insinuating that DD's legacy can ever match Kobe's, just the same concept).

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                His old locker?

But seriously, legacy, torch; all that type of stuff which doesn't really matter on the court but may impact how someone feels about a situation.
                                "May impact" is key here....something we're assuming might matter to DeRozan.

Comment

Working...
                                X