Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    1 million views divided by 17 members, lol.
    Hehe I actually wonder if these are unique views, or cumulative... Hmmm...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Hehe I actually wonder if these are unique views, or cumulative... Hmmm...
      I'm surprised you don't know the answer. As a moderator, I just assumed you have control of everything in the whole internetz.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I'm surprised you don't know the answer. As a moderator, I just assumed you have control of everything in the whole internetz.
        Yaaa...

....except for knowing that. Lol

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Congrats to DeMar on breaking the club FT record by 2! Previously held by Vince (per bbref)
          http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l=&order_by=ft

So close to the NBA record

First he breaks it then misses his last free throw lol
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Some people on RealGM are saying that Lowry apparently told DeRozan to miss the last FT? To waste time I guess. Thoughts on that? I didn't see the game at all.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              Some people on RealGM are saying that Lowry apparently told DeRozan to miss the last FT? To waste time I guess. Thoughts on that? I didn't see the game at all.
              It was the smart play. There was 0.9 seconds left and Portland didn't have a timeout. He didn't try to whip it either, he just didn't try to make it so it clanked short off the front rim. No risk of missing the rim, and no time for Portland to do anything meaningful with it. That's exactly what I was hoping for and I was glad they played it out that way. I don't know who said what to DeMar. If someone did, awesome.

Comment

• Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  It was the smart play. There was 0.9 seconds left and Portland didn't have a timeout. He didn't try to whip it either, he just didn't try to make it so it clanked short off the front rim. No risk of missing the rim, and no time for Portland to do anything meaningful with it. That's exactly what I was hoping for and I was glad they played it out that way. I don't know who said what to DeMar. If someone did, awesome.
                  Respect DD a tonne for that miss free throw. I thought it was an intentional miss as well the way it clanked off the rim like that.

Comment

• Good for the game, even though the chance of Portland hitting a shot is minuscule, but I really wanted him to get that record lol

Comment

• So.....we are all going to just ignore how DD acted last night or what?

Honestly, do you want a guy who has hissy fits to the refs like that to be getting a max deal? He is a big reason why we are still a soft team

Just let him walk...

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        So.....we are all going to just ignore how DD acted last night or what?

Honestly, do you want a guy who has hissy fits to the refs like that to be getting a max deal? He is a big reason why we are still a soft team

Just let him walk...
                        There probably isn't a worse thing we can do... that is literally the worse case scenario in my mind.

And if complaining to the refs ever affected peoples contracts, then Kobe and Lebron would be out of the league.

Comment

There probably isn't a worse thing we can do... that is literally the worse case scenario in my mind.

And if complaining to the refs ever affected peoples contracts, then Kobe and Lebron would be out of the league.
                          Lest we forget some of the all time kvetch'ers in the NBA

Russel Westbrook who feels he just never gets a call go his way....nor as he has ever committed a defensive foul .. ever.
                          The Joey Crawford fan club president ...the always contrite Tim Duncan.....
                          Lauren Holtkamps biggest fan...the deferential Chris Paul...
                          The always pleasant demeanored Boogie Cousins.

Trading or waiving or simply walking away from players who complain about the nba's fluid refereeing standards is not really a credible strategy...
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 7, 2016, 03:42 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

I dont mind complaining about a call...but DD routinely quits on his team when they dont go his way. Thats not acceptable

Do you want that attitude as a max contract?

Honestly, if we sign him with the intent of trading him you essentially are handicapping the development and progression of the team for a full year...wasting a year and potentially bringing in players who you dont necissarily want in order to move his contract. Is that something you want to do?

Letting an asset walk without getting a return may have less negative consequences than signing with the intent to trade.

DD is far from deserving a max contract even with his improved play and the fact that his max will be more like a rookie max with the following cap jump

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              I dont mind complaining about a call...but DD routinely quits on his team when they dont go his way. Thats not acceptable

Do you want that attitude as a max contract?

Honestly, if we sign him with the intent of trading him you essentially are handicapping the development and progression of the team for a full year...wasting a year and potentially bringing in players who you dont necissarily want in order to move his contract. Is that something you want to do?

Letting an asset walk without getting a return may have less negative consequences than signing with the intent to trade.

DD is far from deserving a max contract even with his improved play and the fact that his max will be more like a rookie max with the following cap jump
                              Your bias is showing OSC ... we're not "signing to trade" ... we're signing him (I assume) because he's a top calibre player, and players of said calibre don't grow on trees (lets not forget he just did somethign that NO ONE IN NBA HISTORY HAS EVER DONE BEFORE) ...

He doesn't "routinely quit" on the team .. I really don't even know what you're talking about.

And you will be very hard pressed to find anyone else to agree that Demar doesn't deserve a Near-Max, or Max Contract, based on his current level of play. A "Max" contract that will only be "Max" for exactly 1-season, before it becomes just another contract.

Comment

Your bias is showing OSC ... we're not "signing to trade" ... we're signing him (I assume) because he's a top calibre player, and players of said calibre don't grow on trees (lets not forget he just did somethign that NO ONE IN NBA HISTORY HAS EVER DONE BEFORE) ...

He doesn't "routinely quit" on the team .. I really don't even know what you're talking about.

And you will be very hard pressed to find anyone else to agree that Demar doesn't deserve a Near-Max, or Max Contract, based on his current level of play. A "Max" contract that will only be "Max" for exactly 1-season, before it becomes just another contract.
                                If you look for how DD reacts after calls youll see that he does quit on the team probabky twice a week. Always has.

And he will be paid at the rookie max instead of vet max level with the bump in cap. Which is a lot for a very flawed player.

I was replying to a post that i thought implied that letting him wall was bad and that we at least need to recover his value via sign and future trade...even though we dont want him

If we do want to keep him however this team will go nowhere fast. Thats pretty obvious

Comment

Working...
                                X