Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Who do you think is better than PG at defending the wing?

4th best seems very specific, so I'm guessing you have a list.

I'd put him behind Leonard, but probably equal to Butler. Not sure if I can think of someone to slip in behind Leonard ahead of them though.
    Draymond Green would be my guess.. but I'd rank George ahead of him too.

Comment

• The great thing for DeMar is that this series is far from over. He has a chance to redeem himself. There's no better time like game three on the road. The easiest way to silence the critics is to deliver.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Yeah, it's really sad. The whole world saw our fan base bashing our All-star. People wonder why people don't want to play here.
        If literally any other player on the team was negatively contributing this much during a playoff series ... would you be saying the same?

I'm talking taking a high volume of shots and hitting very few of them. Not contributing on the boards or assists. Being an actual detriment defensively against any player put in front of him. And still carrying a huge amount of usage and minutes played.

Would you be saying the same thing?

The fact of the matter is: Demar CAN play better. He's shown that this year. The issue is whether or not he will.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I'd say Green is one of the better post defenders and a solid perimeter defender. Basically a great all around defender.

Comment

Leonard, Tony Allen, LBJ and Butler. I guess you can swap Butler/PG.
            I don't think Tony Allen deserves that company any more. 2 or 3 years ago, sure.

LeBron is a hard one to peg. He is the best help defender of the bunch, but I think in pure shut down wing status, Paul George and Butler are better than him.

Which is why it's important for Demar to play smarter and not force things. Be the facilitator and decoy as necessary. He can still impact the defence if he plays off-ball. George is too good to simply "go at".
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yeah, it's really sad. The whole world saw our fan base bashing our All-star. People wonder why people don't want to play here.
              The whole world saw the fans really happy with the Raptors getting a win, and loving JV and Lowry and our bench, and anyone who cares about basketball saw DeMar letting all the fans down in that game. He wants the fans to love him? Show up on at least one end of the floor.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                The great thing for DeMar is that this series is far from over. He has a chance to redeem himself. There's no better time like game three on the road. The easiest way to silence the critics is to deliver.
                Yeah. If he screws up in Game 3, its over for him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Green's value is largely interior defence though. He's not a guy I'd want to roll out onto the perimeter for a 1-on-1 shutdown role. Versatility and help defence make Green a better team defender, but individually Paul George is Top 3 in my books, with him and Butler essentially tied for 2nd behind Leonard.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Patterson wants to play here. You know, the guy you bashed earlier this year.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Now whose the one overreacting? Lol.
                      These are people too. Some people wouldn't want to deal with that. Especially when your looking from the outside in.

Think about it. DD has the most win of any raptor ever. Now he has two bad games and the fan base is publicly attacking him.

It's just like Scola/Carroll/Cojo all being shocked how the fan base was overreacting after one game. Every player doesn't know the history. They know that DD has lead this team through there best stretch in franchise history. Now after 2 playoffs games after being matched up with PG they switch on you?

It's sad.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• It doesn't get any easier, if we get past the Pacers, Wade, and Deng are both capable defenders as well...and Whiteside actually has the size to give JV some trouble. We only need two our three playing well to beat the Pacers but we don't get past the second round if DD doesn't find his game.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Patterson wants to play here. You know, the guy you bashed earlier this year.
                          Christian spent all of January and February trying to trade Patterson for Kieff.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                            The great thing for DeMar is that this series is far from over. He has a chance to redeem himself. There's no better time like game three on the road. The easiest way to silence the critics is to deliver.
                            Not saying you're saying this, but I hate this attitude when a guy's game needs work. It's not about you vs. your fans. It's about you being a better basketball player.

I've never heard a championship player I respect talk about fans as the enemy.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Christian spent all of January and February trying to trade Patterson for Kieff.
                              And JV for anyone so Biyombo could start.

Comment

• There's no conspiracy against Demar. This city and country are dying for sports heroes. You'll get all the love if you play hard and smart and win. You don't even have to play well.

What's infuriating is when you have Jonas absolutely destroying the opponent, and you look him off repeatedly to get your own shot even though you're ice cold. It's just dumb. And if it doesn't work out, you deserve to catch shit for it.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X