X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    ESPN has a take on 4 trades they would like to see the Raptors make (all involve DeMar):
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rozan-more-nba

Here they are in case you don't want to click on the link:

** They stole my Dallas one..
    as much as i would love to see Wiggins turn it around, I just don't know if he has the mentality to actually live up to his potential. He's not better than Derozan, and at this rate I don't see him becoming better. But maybe playing in toronto would be inspiring...

Overall the Kawhi trade is the only one I'd be realistically interested in. At this point I'm even thinking that if you could trade Jakob instead of Pascal it'd be better, since I think Pascal will ultimately be the more impactful and better player.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    The accelerated rebuild didn't exactly work out great for us when BC did it.
    I spotted the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    You should trade mark non-tank tank. That’s awesome. Like accelerated rebuild only better.
    The accelerated rebuild didn't exactly work out great for us when BC did it.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Golly, that's interesting. We end up with a lot of PG's on the roster.

I do like the idea of a non-tank tank. If you can get a high end prospect and a pick in a trade, that might solve your need to dive down the standings. At the least, it lets you give it a shot before maybe taking that tumble a couple seasons from now.
    You should trade mark non-tank tank. That’s awesome. Like accelerated rebuild only better.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    If we could trade Lowry for Fultz and DeRozan for Wiggins and a pick that would be a hell of a start to a rebuild.
    2 of the last 4 number 1 picks.....not bad at all

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    If we could trade Lowry for Fultz and DeRozan for Wiggins and a pick that would be a hell of a start to a rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    ESPN’s Bobby Marks does an off season preview for every team after they are eliminated. Just read Philly’s.
    He talks about their 2 year window to use cap space. He floats the idea of Lebron/Kawhi/Paul George.......and then a Derozan trade. He’s speculating like you and I of course but he floats a Markelle Fultz/Covington/draft pick for Derozan trade. I would do that.
    That would be a home run. I'm not concerned about the too many point guards thing because Fultz is 6'4 and would slot into shooting guard and DeRozan's old position easily. Plus you get Covington who is a terrific defender and increases the Raptor's upside there. Plus you get a draft pick. Would Philly really do this?

I was kind of thinking along the line of that if Philly strikes out in free agency they can use their cap space to trade Fultz for Lowry straight up and improve majorly immediately, playing Lowry off-ball in the starting lineup with Simmons as your principal ball handler. As much as that hurts Philly's future, I think you have to be concerned with how many healthy years you're going to get out of Embiid and really try to move your window up if you can.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    ESPN’s Bobby Marks does an off season preview for every team after they are eliminated. Just read Philly’s.
    He talks about their 2 year window to use cap space. He floats the idea of Lebron/Kawhi/Paul George.......and then a Derozan trade. He’s speculating like you and I of course but he floats a Markelle Fultz/Covington/draft pick for Derozan trade. I would do that.
    Golly, that's interesting. We end up with a lot of PG's on the roster.

I do like the idea of a non-tank tank. If you can get a high end prospect and a pick in a trade, that might solve your need to dive down the standings. At the least, it lets you give it a shot before maybe taking that tumble a couple seasons from now.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    If you can get a player like Kawhi - a top 5 player in the NBA, maybe top 3. You do everything you can to get it done. I would give up OG in a heartbeat. Don't mind Rudy Gay too. We're talking about Kawhi Leonard here lol.
    I would trade OG to get Kawhi, absolutely... but I'd first exhaust every attempt to try to get Kawhi while keeping OG, because the two of them together would turn any team into a defensive terror.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Thu May 10, 2018, 05:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Other Scott wrote: View Post
    I think the Charlotte and Wolves trades are obvious no's, and the Spurs trade is an obvious yes.

The interesting one is that Dallas trade. You're going to be downgrading and probably pulling the plug on your window, but you get off a ton of salary and you get a first round pick back. That's hard to say no to. I think you go ahead and do it, though I don't think there's any way at all that Dallas does.
    That Dallas one is really a great trade for us.

Matthews could actually start at the 2 for us. He's not the same guy he was a few years ago but he can still hit the three and he's probably a plus defender. His efficiency might go up playing with a better team. Plus he's expiring so there's no long term commitment.

Dallas also has the 3rd best draft odds, meaning it's almost a guaranteed top 5 pick in a loaded draft. We could end up getting a superstar talent in that range.

I pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat. I feel like Dallas would probably want us to take another contract off them to free up cap space for themselves in the summer if they did. I wouldn't mind taking back Dwight Powell's deal as well (basically 2 years 20M left) which would give them enough cap space I believe to go after DeMarcus Cousins or DeAndre Jordan again. I think I could see Cuban selling himself on Smith-DeRozan-Barnes-Cousins/DJ being a core he can win with.

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    I think the Charlotte and Wolves trades are obvious no's, and the Spurs trade is an obvious yes.

The interesting one is that Dallas trade. You're going to be downgrading and probably pulling the plug on your window, but you get off a ton of salary and you get a first round pick back. That's hard to say no to. I think you go ahead and do it, though I don't think there's any way at all that Dallas does.

Leave a comment:

replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    ESPN has a take on 4 trades they would like to see the Raptors make (all involve DeMar):
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rozan-more-nba

Here they are in case you don't want to click on the link:

** They stole my Dallas one..
    Given that Matthews only has one year left on his deal, that Mavericks hypothetical could be very intriguing, depending on where their pick ends up

Leave a comment:

• bdogbenny
    replied
    I was scrolling through every team on the trade machine. The only wing salaries that make sense:

Cj Mccollum: 3 years, 25 million next year
    Harrison Barnes: 3 years, 23 million next year
    Kawhi Leonard: 20 million next year

a CJ trade might be nice. Derozan would compliment Lillard. They need someone who can put more pressure going downhill.

For the Raps, Our backcourt would be great at shooting and cutting, and we'd have a funky front court. No one can really create a shot but hey...but Lowry-Mccollum-Anunoby-Siakam-Valanciunas

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    I'll take Kawhi, but with a different trade, don't wanna give up OG and no way in hell I want Rudy Gay back.
    If you can get a player like Kawhi - a top 5 player in the NBA, maybe top 3. You do everything you can to get it done. I would give up OG in a heartbeat. Don't mind Rudy Gay too. We're talking about Kawhi Leonard here lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X