X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit
    replied
    And they want something in return? The Raps are now a different team ... has no one seen our younger guys developing on the fly? Has DD's defense improved?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Chr1s1anL right now.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    God no, I've watched DD tank enough playoff runs for my lifetime. I wouldn't trade Marc straight up for DD. Heck, I wouldn't trade Serge straight up for him.
    The suggestion didn't make much sense to me considering how they're playing without him and what he requires to be productive.

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied
    God no, I've watched DD tank enough playoff runs for my lifetime. I wouldn't trade Marc straight up for DD. Heck, I wouldn't trade Serge straight up for him.
    I wouldn't trade anybody on this team for DD. He doesn't bring anything that's needed.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Not really a rumor but:

With rumors recently swirling pertaining to DeMar DeRozan’s potential move away from the San Antonio Spurs, one anonymous executive from the Western Conference has proposed a rather interesting scenario for the 30-year-old.

Imagine DeRozan returning to the Toronto Raptors:
    “It sounds crazy, but Toronto actually makes a lot of sense as a landing spot for DeRozan,” another Western Conference executive said, via Frank Urbina of HoopsHype. “As far as what Toronto is giving up, it would probably have to be a first-round pick plus Serge Ibaka or Marc Gasol.”

The Spurs have had a pretty slow start to the new campaign, and it is becoming clearer by the day that this particular San Antonio side probably does not have what it takes to legitimately challenge for the title this year. The 6-12 record even has people thinking rebuild.
    https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-rum...demar-derozan/

So what do you think, Marc + a first rounder for DD? Would you do it?

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...ive-branch/amp Demar to Raps??? Maybe on a buyout at the end of next season?! If he's interested it could happen... And if Kawhi's around he could even teach him defence, and how to win!! Bring back Jonas too and make another runnnnnnn

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Glad to hear it. DeMar was only hurting himself by hanging onto that.
    Maybe he will join the Raps again and team up with Kawhi in 2 years when his contract is up.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Glad to hear it. DeMar was only hurting himself by hanging onto that.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Shout out to Demar.... (as relayed by Masai in yesterday's presser)... that DD visited the dressing room in Toronto last visit with the Spurs ... and hugged up with MU. Furthers solidifies the notion that he was always a good person .... which is sometimes a much more desired thing that a good baller. When I look at his contribution to the Raptors I think his close relationship with Kyle had to have a calming/positive effect on his sometimes abrasive personality.

So, all's good it seems in the Raptors Alumni Assn.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The Spurs are heading to game seven. DeMar had a nice game six.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    meh, who cares about the Spurs

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    Random, but the title of the thread bothers me. It's DeRozan, not Derozan.

... sorry, OCD kicking in.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    He looked pretty good! Took and missed a couple bad shots but ended up with a decent percentage, dropped a couple dimes, and seemed engaged defensively. Poeltl looked pretty good too, grabbed a lot of boards - he only grabbed 10 boards 5 times total in his time here.
    I thought he was alright. He did a lot of standing around, moving around without the ball. Went consecutive possessions without even touching it. I have to say that’s not how you maximize Demar’s value. Even if you have him moving off the ball (which I had been calling for for a couple years) you need to get the ball to him at least once a possession. He can break defenders down and has a plethora of counters and attack moves that can collapse the defence.

Poeltl looked really good. I was sad to see him go as he could have been one of the best backup centres in the league for us but you have to give up value to get guys like Kawhi.

Hopefully Demar’s lack of usage is just due to preseason. He’ll get his touches in the regular season. I also hope he can keep up the effort on D. He started last year pretty solid on defence and regressed heavily by the new year. Maybe he can keep it up if Pop is really tough on him.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    Can’t wait to see Demar and the spurs play today.
    He looked pretty good! Took and missed a couple bad shots but ended up with a decent percentage, dropped a couple dimes, and seemed engaged defensively. Poeltl looked pretty good too, grabbed a lot of boards - he only grabbed 10 boards 5 times total in his time here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X