X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Wait someone here actually wants Wiggins? For real? Isn't the problem with this team that they become mentally stupid when the playoffs become challenging? Wiggins by far is not the answer to that problem.
    I don't want Wiggins, but I'm suggesting for those people who think Masai should do something to shake up the team for the sake of doing something bold.... that move would qualify. I want no part of Wiggins. And based on Masai's history, I don't think he's influenced much by fans of external pressure to "do something".

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Wait someone here actually wants Wiggins? For real? Isn't the problem with this team that they become mentally stupid when the playoffs become challenging? Wiggins by far is not the answer to that problem.
    I think the goal is to shed salary and get a pick or 2 over actually wanting Wiggins.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's a buy low scenario for both teams, really. Especially after yet another year of playoff struggles for DeRozan.
    It's not a buy low for the Wolves, assuming Derozan's role on that team would be 3rd option, or 2A/2B. Yes, it's a huge salary overpay, but not a buy-low. With Demar as a 3rd option, the Wolves would be getting a bonafide shot creator, who would feast with the spotlight off him.

Hey I'm not sold on Wiggins, and hate his demeanor, but just saying that this is the type of "bold" off-season move that could be made for optics / upside.

Demar for Beal is another interesting idea.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I think they would (and I agree with you on getting those picks too), Thibodeau rates DeRozan very highly from what I've read and he's someone who's durable who he can play 38mpg and not worry about injuries or fatigue.
    Yeah, I just question their willingness to include multiple picks.

I also like that deal because it leaves room for my preferred route, which is competing next season and gauging Lowry/Ibaka value at the deadline/following draft. Sheds a little salary, but they probably chase a Powell deal to be able to bring back VanVleet, and Wiggins is a big enough name they can probably justify paying the tax to ownership if they are still competing and have a big (local) name like that coming back in for DeMar, meaning they don't need to shed assets to shed salary.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Any DeMar for Wiggins deal would need to happen in July. And I wouldn't want to trade DeMar for Wiggins straight up. I'd need additional picks. There is upside to Wiggins, but he's not realizing it very well yet and he's signed for a long, long time.

They have a 2018 pick from OKC (not their own though). And their own pick in 2019 and beyond. If they agree on the trade at the draft, MIN can draft for the Raptors with that OKC pick, and trade that prospect, their 2019 pick, and Wiggins for DeMar. That's the sort of deal I'd be interested in.

I don't think Minny would be interested in it, but hey, maybe.
    I think they would (and I agree with you on getting those picks too), Thibodeau rates DeRozan very highly from what I've read and he's someone who's durable who he can play 38mpg and not worry about injuries or fatigue.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Any DeMar for Wiggins deal would need to happen in July. And I wouldn't want to trade DeMar for Wiggins straight up. I'd need additional picks. There is upside to Wiggins, but he's not realizing it very well yet and he's signed for a long, long time.

They have a 2018 pick from OKC (not their own though). And their own pick in 2019 and beyond. If they agree on the trade at the draft, MIN can draft for the Raptors with that OKC pick, and trade that prospect, their 2019 pick, and Wiggins for DeMar. That's the sort of deal I'd be interested in.

I don't think Minny would be interested in it, but hey, maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    I could definitely see a Demar for Wiggins & a pick deal, if Masai wants to roll the dice. Masai pretty much stated around the time he was drafted that getting him to Toronto was the long term goal. Unfortunately, it’s a buy low scenario and a hope/prayer that a new coach can spark that fire in him. Demar, Butler and Towns would be a real force in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a buy low scenario for both teams, really. Especially after yet another year of playoff struggles for DeRozan.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    Nah. You don't trade DeMar for a guy who plays like DeMar. You trade DeMar to change the makeup of the team.
    No, you trade DeMar for younger talent.

The point of getting Wiggins would be to hopefully increase the long-term upside of the team. Idk how i feel about that trade personally but it's an idea.

If you guys think just passing around a few parts, moving DeMar and running this same squad back will get us anywhere you are in for a rude awakening next May. We have talent deficit we do not have superstars until that is rectified we will not win anything. Go look at the past championship teams. Tell me which one you know of that won the title without superstars or overwhelming talent at all 5 positions.

Your basketball can be as pretty and system can be as nice as you fucking want. Without the talent you aren't winning shit.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    I could definitely see a Demar for Wiggins & a pick deal, if Masai wants to roll the dice. Masai pretty much stated around the time he was drafted that getting him to Toronto was the long term goal. Unfortunately, it’s a buy low scenario and a hope/prayer that a new coach can spark that fire in him. Demar, Butler and Towns would be a real force in the West.

Nah. You don't trade DeMar for a guy who plays like DeMar. You trade DeMar to change the makeup of the team.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    they should have been treating CJ like that. He's a more potent weapon than the Raps were able to showcase.
    Don't really agree. Miles' numbers were pretty much the norm for his career. He's not actually the sniper some think he is. He's got a quick release but is a pretty streaky shooter. Not much else to his scoring game as well. He can drive a bit when he's got space but nothing special.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    they should have been treating CJ like that. He's a more potent weapon than the Raps were able to showcase.
    Agreed. If they ran CJ off a screen from the corner to the elbow at the 3 point line, either they’d get an open 3 from CJ or a dunk for the big who set the screen basically every play.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    What I really want is for Demar to learn to be a great offensive player without the ball in his hands. He would be great coming off screens like Beal does fit midrange jumpers, almost impossible to guard and those are very make-able shots for Demar.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    What I really want is for Demar to learn to be a great offensive player without the ball in his hands. He would be great coming off screens like Beal does fit midrange jumpers, almost impossible to guard and those are very make-able shots for Demar.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X