Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Trade them all
    All-star game next year. No way Masai is tanking next year.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      If the lack of attention that the Wiz showed our bigs doesn't show how badly our frontcourt needs and upgrade than I don't know what else say.

DD had to take 20 shots cause no one else was stepping up. Its not all about JV not of our bigs were good this series. I just don't get the point of trading our only productive player in the postseason. Instead of adding another player that can contribute in the postseason.
      PPat, JV and Amir were the only players to shoot higher than 40 % in the series (Stiesma was 100% on two shots so doesnt really count). They clearly were good when given the ball. So I ask, why did DD need to average 20 shots per game? He clearly wasnt the only one playing well if he was shooting 40 percent from the field and three bigs (although ppat is a stretch big admittedly) shot at a much better clip.

Also don't say that when the opposing defense is keying in on him he cant be expected to win games for the Raps, because when you are the number one option for a team the defense is going to game plan for you. You are the number one option because it is hard to guard you and you can make good plays anyways. If you can not do that, than you should not be the number one option, or your team will lose games.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        PPat, JV and Amir were the only players to shoot higher than 40 % in the series (Stiesma was 100% on two shots so doesnt really count). They clearly were good when given the ball. So I ask, why did DD need to average 20 shots per game? He clearly wasnt the only one playing well if he was shooting 40 percent from the field and three bigs (although ppat is a stretch big admittedly) shot at a much better clip.

Also don't say that when the opposing defense is keying in on him he cant be expected to win games for the Raps, because when you are the number one option for a team the defense is going to game plan for you. You are the number one option because it is hard to guard you and you can make good plays anyways. If you can not do that, than you should not be the number one option, or your team will lose games.
        Do you even watch the games or do you just look at the numbers. Every time Lou/DD/Lowry got in a pick n roll they were swarmed by both defenders. Were forced to pass the ball and the bigs couldn't make enough plays. We just don't have frontcourt play makers. Time to change that. Stop acting like DD didn't average 6+ assist that series. He obviously was looking for his teammates but, they couldn't make the plays
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It was a blowout? The whole team already gave up by halftime.
          That's the thing. The whole team gave up by halftime. In the deciding game of a playoff series, the team gave up before it was over. The whole series was a despicable display. They didn't just lose, they got curb stomped.

When a team gives up like that, it's because there's rot in the leadership.

Casey, Lowry and DD are the leaders of the team.

I've seen what I need to see from them. One, or all of them, have to go. If you actually care about creating a winning culture. I don't see any way around this.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Do you even watch the games or do you just look at the numbers. Every time Lou/DD/Lowry got in a pick n roll they were swarmed by both defenders. Were forced to pass the ball and the bigs couldn't make enough plays. We just don't have frontcourt play makers. Time to change that. Stop acting like DD didn't average 6+ assist that series. He obviously was looking for his teammates but, they couldn't make the plays
            You are right, DD had 6+ assists per game and his bigs shot well then how is it their fault that they lost?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              You are right, DD had 6+ assists per game and his bigs shot well then how is it their fault that they lost?
              I'm not saying its all their fault. Its just its pretty obvious that Wittman went into the series saying that Amir/JV/Paterson/Hansbrough are going to have to beat us. It was the right tragedy.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• It wasn't DeMar or the bigs.

It's a shit offence that does a shot job creating easy, high % looks and relies far too much on isolation. It's not surprising our guards struggled to create for others (DeMar actually did the best job there), they didn't work on it much at all during the season. It wasn't a priority.

This was a team failure spearheaded by one of the poorest tactical coaches in the entire league, and a culmination of a whole year of using an absolutely terrible strategy on both ends. He was running an offensive system that could never work in the playoffs, and a demanding defensive system totally wrong for all its personnel (except the one guy he never gave enough minutes and was signed for specifically that purpose in JJ, and Amir if he wasn't broken down). And his supposed strengths involving motivating, managing relationships and egos, etc. all proved completely useless in the face of the on-court leader shitting all over the court, and the system collapsing under the weight of its own ineptness.

Stop bickering over players. None of who's around here next year matters if Casey is still here. Keeping him is risking damaging the play, bball IQ, development (for those still developing) and value of all players on our team.

Comment

• So many demar excuses here. Absolute lunacy.

He shot inefficiently..no one else would shoot ball.

He played hero ball..he got 5 assists per game.

He passed the ball only when he forced himself to through his poor decisions....its lowrys fault.

Comment

• DeRozan got more All-NBA votes than Conley, Hayward, Melo, Wade, Dirk. Bit bizarre, no? Had a bad year, outside of great finish

Ryan Wolstat via twiter
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Let's slow down on 'Demar got All-NBA votes'. He got 3 points total. Probably all homer votes.
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DeRozan got THREE votes. THREE. Nothing to be proud of. Probably all homer votes.

LOL the fact that this is even news is pretty sad, only in Toronto.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          DeRozan got THREE votes. THREE. Nothing to be proud of. Probably all homer votes.

LOL the fact that this is even news is pretty sad, only in Toronto.

Its more about who he received votes over. Hayward who everybody on here seem to think is better than him. Its also sad that people always need to tear down any of his accomplishments. The kid cant win.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Its more about who he received votes over. Hayward who everybody on here seem to think is better than him. Its also sad that people always need to tear down any of his accomplishments. The kid cant win.
                            this
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• What accomplishment?? lol. Receiving THREE ALL NBA votes is no accomplishment.

Like i said, why this is even in the news is beyond me.

Lowry btw got 1 vote. Why aren't we talking about this "accomplishment?"
                              Last edited by The Great One; Thu May 21, 2015, 02:20 PM.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Three votes in and of itself is cool. Three votes for a player who could very well get a max contract from the Raptors next year is not.
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X