• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haters gonna hate
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Is this the type of trade value fans/bloggers/media place upon DeRozan?

In NBA trade rumors, the Cleveland Cavaliers are actively trying to move Brendan Haywood‘s contract prior to the 2015 NBA Draft, according to Joe Kotoch of Sheridan Hoops.

In return, the Cavs’ GM David Griffin is rumored to be shopping for wing and perimeter help. Potential trade targets targets include Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan, Memphis forward Jeff Green and Boston guard Avery Bradley.

http://factoryofsadness.co/2015/06/2...015-nba-draft/
      I think the return is ridiculous - cap space and 24? Even I think he should return more.

But to lump him in with Green and Bradley?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Is this the type of trade value fans/bloggers/media place upon DeRozan?

I think the return is ridiculous - cap space and 24? Even I think he should return more.

I'm actually a fan of Bradley, but it is definitely surprising to see those 3 listed together in terms of value.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Is this the type of trade value fans/bloggers/media place upon DeRozan?

I'd say Green's the obvious man out.

Bradley isn't too far off from Derozan in terms of impact - he just does it on the boring side of the ball.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I'd say Green's the obvious man out.

Bradley isn't too far off from Derozan in terms of impact - he just does it on the boring side of the ball.
            When it comes to non-bigs, if player A's impact on the offensive end is equivalent to player B's impact on the defensive end, and both guys are average on the other end, player A is going to have a lot more value in any kind of trade.

I would wager that DeRozan's value league-wide is significantly higher than Avery Bradley's. Trading him for cap space and the 24th would not only be ripping ourselves off, but also essentially throwing away an asset (not saying that you're suggesting that just referring to the link). Especially when you consider that Jrue Holiday a couple years back returned the 6th pick (albeit in a weaker draft) and a future 1st to Philadelphia. Which turned out to be Nerlens Noel and Dario Saric.

Comment

• Cleveland should have no way of acquiring DeRozan unless Kevin Love is coming back the other way. LeBron and Kyrie are likely untouchable, and nobody else has enough value in a deal.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                Cleveland should have no way of acquiring DeRozan unless Kevin Love is coming back the other way. LeBron and Kyrie are likely untouchable, and nobody else has enough value in a deal.
                Multi-team trade that sees Love wind up a Laker, with LAL's pick to Toronto? Rumor is that Cleveland doesn't want Love back, and he's long been linked to LA.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Multi-team trade that sees Love wind up a Laker, with LAL's pick to Toronto? Rumor is that Cleveland doesn't want Love back, and he's long been linked to LA.
                  Can't see why Cleveland would bother with Toronto in that scenario. Trading the #2 pick on it's own would likely be better return than DD and parts.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Can't see why Cleveland would bother with Toronto in that scenario. Trading the #2 pick on it's own would likely be better return than DD and parts.
                    Maybe DD and #20?

I was just running with the train of thought. My main point was that without a third team, it really doesn't seem like a viable rumor.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Maybe DD and #20?

I was just running with the train of thought. My main point was that without a third team, it really doesn't seem like a viable rumor.
                      Hehe, I'm visualizing Cleveland management sitting around a table and having this conversation:
                      "So, how do we get past GSW next year?"
                      "I hear DeMar DeRozan's available. Sean, roll that clip."

"Ummm, any other ideas?"
                      "Yeah let's just go for lunch."
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The rumour is that Cleveland is shopping its pick with Haywood.

All it said about DD was that he was a potential target. It's likely the 3 players mentioned were picked by the author of the "report".

Even if the Cavs would like DD I'm sure they know they don't have the assets to get him. And if they're not sure I'm positive Masai will let them know right away.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Hehe, I'm visualizing Cleveland management sitting around a table and having this conversation:
                          "So, how do we get past GSW next year?"
                          "I hear DeMar DeRozan's available. Sean, roll that clip."

"Ummm, any other ideas?"
                          "Yeah let's just go for lunch."
                          I've forgotten how annoying it is when JV could potentially get good low post position during a possession, but ends up running over to the weakside so that one of the guards can "go to work".

*throws computer out the window*
                          OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            I've forgotten how annoying it is when JV could potentially get good low post position during a possession, but ends up running over to the weakside so that one of the guards can "go to work".

*throws computer out the window*
                            Consmap, right now, JV isn't ready to be the focus of an NBA offence. He'll get there - he's a great young kid, hard worker - but he just isn't ready yet. As for when he's going to be ready, I don't know. I don't know that. Maybe his 15th season, maybe his 16th season. But until then, we're going to go with what works. We're going to get the ball to Demar, get the ball to Kyle and let them go to work. As long as they're hitting the rim with their shots, that's fine. For us, that's good offence. Now, they aren't going to hit the rim every time, but even their airballs, those are shots that are normally hitting the rim, so that's ok.
                            We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
                              Consmap, right now, JV isn't ready to be the focus of an NBA offence. He'll get there - he's a great young kid, hard worker - but he just isn't ready yet. As for when he's going to be ready, I don't know. I don't know that. Maybe his 15th season, maybe his 16th season. But until then, we're going to go with what works. We're going to get the ball to Demar, get the ball to Kyle and let them go to work. As long as they're hitting the rim with their shots, that's fine. For us, that's good offence. Now, they aren't going to hit the rim every time, but even their airballs, those are shots that are normally hitting the rim, so that's ok.
                              Thank you for your time Coach.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• All the news surrounding Cousin makes you appreciate how difficult it is to have a player who LOVES the city and is willing to stay in a smaller market team.

Comment

Working...
                                X