Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is actually a strong system defender. Unfortunately he's still pretty far subpar in individual defence, which causes issues, so Ross tends to take the better offensive player (not always, but tends to) even though he's overall a very poor defender (has a hard time with rotations and, er, screens) because he's a little better one on one.

    DeRozan shows flashes, just like with his three point shot, but you can be sure if it is there one game it won't be for the next two. Still a long way to come from never playing good D like when he started.

    But I agree that it was jarring to say that DeMar was the strongest of our defenders on the perimeter. JJ was certainly better. Lowry was better for most of the year, then terrible over the last couple months. I would rank DD behind those two but better than Ross, Lou and certainly Greivis.
    Fair, objective post.

    I really do think that reducing DD's role to #2 behind a legit #1 (who we may have a shot at now with Aldridge) would help improve his consistency on both sides of the ball. Some may disagree, but there's evidence out there that indicates that could be the case.

    Comment


    • special1 wrote: View Post
      This thread has been hijacked by trolls. I must admit I used to find some of them incredibly amusing.

      Can someone just start a "I hate Demar thread" so we can get these trolls a yard where they can all play? Same people. Same comments. Copy paste. Pat's on the back and hugs from all the Demar haters.

      *yawn*








      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ehh I wouldn't call most of them trolls. Would just say they don't like DD's game and don't think he fits on the squad. I disagree but I wouldn't call that trolling.

      I think only OldSkoolCool is a troll or what might qualify as a "hater" considering he's putting DeRozan on the same level as Nick Young.

      Comment


      • MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Just read an article claiming that DeMar is a top notch defender?

        What?

        If that was the case I wonder why we forced Tross to guard guys who have about 40lbs on him.

        Derozan is an adequate defender but nowhere near top notch
        i think he ranks high because we move him onto the easy assignment. he also gets steals

        Comment


        • To most objective observers Demar is a d-leaguer who should be getting the league minimum and shipped out for whatever the team can get

          Comment


          • JWash wrote: View Post
            Ehh I wouldn't call most of them trolls. Would just say they don't like DD's game and don't think he fits on the squad. I disagree but I wouldn't call that trolling.

            I think only OldSkoolCool is a troll or what might qualify as a "hater" considering he's putting DeRozan on the same level as Nick Young.
            Statistically they are much closer that saying "top 10 SG in the league"

            Don't know how that would constitute trolling

            If it does then my internet jargon is really falling behind

            Comment


            • OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Statistically they are much closer that saying "top 10 SG in the league"

              Don't know how that would constitute trolling

              If it does then my internet jargon is really falling behind
              DeRozan is a top 10 SG in the league...

              Comment


              • Everything Demar Derozan

                OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Statistically they are much closer that saying "top 10 SG in the league"

                Don't know how that would constitute trolling

                If it does then my internet jargon is really falling behind
                Lurking on a player's thread that you absolutely hate and writing the exact same posts over and over is not trolling??

                The definition of trolling. You're so past hater status. Lol


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by special1; Mon Jun 29, 2015, 10:05 PM.

                Comment


                • special1 wrote: View Post
                  Lurking on a player's thread that you absolutely hate and writing the exact same posts over and over is not trolling??

                  The definition of trolling. You're so past hater status. Lol


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Not sure if OldSkool is trolling. My hatred of Casey is even bigger than his/her hatred of Demar and I'm not trying to troll. I just hate him so much 😤

                  Comment


                  • JWash wrote: View Post
                    DeRozan is a top 10 SG in the league...
                    I'm sorry but the statistics say otherwise.

                    Statistically DD produces somewhere between Nick Young and Jamaal Crawford. Those are not top then SG's. Therefore neither can he be

                    Comment


                    • OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      I'm sorry but the statistics say otherwise.

                      Statistically DD produces somewhere between Nick Young and Jamaal Crawford. Those are not top then SG's. Therefore neither can he be
                      Alright man.

                      Comment


                      • raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Not sure if OldSkool is trolling. My hatred of Casey is even bigger than his/her hatred of Demar and I'm not trying to troll. I just hate him so much 😤
                        Maybe trolls don't have to try? That's all I got lol


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • JWash wrote: View Post
                          Alright man.
                          "statistics say ____"

                          *but I think _____*

                          "well the statistics still say ____"

                          *whatever man*

                          ...and I'm the troll

                          Comment


                          • OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            "statistics say ____"

                            *but I think _____*

                            "well the statistics still say ____"

                            *whatever man*

                            ...and I'm the troll
                            I said alright man because you're not applying any context to the stats you're looking at, and you're also not even looking at every stat. Debating you is just a waste of time because your scope of thought is very limited.

                            Comment


                            • You guys are hilarious. Good drama. Should start your own show. Might make a pretty penny off it. Or not.
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

                              Comment


                              • JWash wrote: View Post
                                Fair, objective post.

                                I really do think that reducing DD's role to #2 behind a legit #1 (who we may have a shot at now with Aldridge) would help improve his consistency on both sides of the ball. Some may disagree, but there's evidence out there that indicates that could be the case.
                                Oh, he'd certainly improve. The question is not whether he would improve. It is how much, and whether that much is enough to justify a) the cost of retaining him at probably a first option price (due to his all star status and unfortunate timing in what will be the most overspent-on group of free agents in the history of sport) and b) the loss of any assets trading him away would net (not insignificant due to said all star status and current first option status) AND c) the risk that he may walk for nothing if he finds a better suitor or dislikes the second banana role (that last unlikely but not impossible in my mind).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X