Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    I definitely understand and would even go as far as agreeing with your entire post.

However, I do believe that if Charlotte had Demar (20+ per game Demar - which he has been for the last 2+ seasons), he would be their #1a/b that he is here.

I would even go as far as saying they may have more success than they have had in the last few years. Obviously, it's just my opinion and there's no way we can know.

One thing I do know is that Demar is perceived to be just as good an option, if not better than Kemba.......and Jefferson (historically) isn't as durable.

We can admit we haven't had much success in the playoffs, but there are other factors (Ross shitting the bed vs Brooklyn and playing Salmon more than we wanted) & the whole team (especially Lowry) giving us nothing vs. Washington. Regardless, we've had more regular season success than Charlotte over the last few years with Demar being our #1a/b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well the point isn't whether would Charlotte be better with DeMar. They've actually been a mostly shit team. They had a good year where Al and Kemba were both mostly healthy. That's it. They have had shit talent after those two guys, and never really had a bench.

A better way to think about it is the Portland vs. Toronto comparison. It's not hard to imagine Portland would not be better at all the last few years with DeMar than Batum. And it's not hard to imagine, at least with the style Toronto's played, that Toronto was better off with DeMar than Batum. But would Toronto be better off playing differently? Most likely. And then it gets more complicated in terms of fit and how to gauge DeMar's value with such things in mind moving forward.

Comment

For once, maybe twice, I agree with everything you wrote.

Out of curiosity, do you see a change in his play thus far this year?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Most of this comes after playing Philly and NOP. Neither are NBA level teams. Reserve judgement after a string of better teams.
        What about the other 8 games...
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Out of curiosity, do you see a change in his play thus far this year?
          Honestly, I do.

I see less bad shots for sure. I also see more of an effort to find open shooters and more effort to get JV the ball.

The instances where he'd force a shot, now he passes it back out (more often than not).

He still gets to the free throw line a lot and he's still not taking (or making) many 3s.

But to be fair, many on here (including myself) were saying that we thought he would play this way with more capable players. We added a better defender and player at SF (Carroll), a better backup PG (Joseph) and JV has improved a lot. Also, Scola is a Vet in the starting lineup that just knows how to play.

Can I say I'm surprised by Demar's play? Honestly, i'm not. I think he can play even better (I was hoping for improvement to 30%+ from 3pt this season) and he still takes tough shots a couple times a game.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Allstar nod should be irrelevant. Stackhouse was a 2 time allstar and wouldn't be worth 20M.

50+ wins would still depend on how he contributed to those wins.

We also need to win in the playoffs this year. If not, hard to really expect a ceiling any higher than 1st round fodder.
            Why should an accomplish that every player in the league wants be irrelevant.

If this team wins 50+ games than it would have a lot to do with DD. Since his the offensive focal point of the team.

I agree with you that we need to win a round.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Allstar nod should be irrelevant. Stackhouse was a 2 time allstar and wouldn't be worth 20M.

50+ wins would still depend on how he contributed to those wins.

We also need to win in the playoffs this year. If not, hard to really expect a ceiling any higher than 1st round fodder.
              DD still shouldn't be paid $20M. $20M should be paid to a guy who can help us reach the level of contender and I still don't see DD being that guy.

Comment

I definitely understand and would even go as far as agreeing with your entire post.

However, I do believe that if Charlotte had Demar (20+ per game Demar - which he has been for the last 2+ seasons), he would be their #1a/b that he is here.

I would even go as far as saying they may have more success than they have had in the last few years. Obviously, it's just my opinion and there's no way we can know.

One thing I do know is that Demar is perceived to be just as good an option, if not better than Kemba.......and Jefferson (historically) isn't as durable.

We can admit we haven't had much success in the playoffs, but there are other factors (Ross shitting the bed vs Brooklyn and playing Salmon more than we wanted) & the whole team (especially Lowry) giving us nothing vs. Washington. Regardless, we've had more regular season success than Charlotte over the last few years with Demar being our #1a/b.

People seem to forget that we were 1 shot away from advancing I'm 2014. So obviously we weren't out matched.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  People seem to forget that we were 1 shot away from advancing I'm 2014. So obviously we weren't out matched.
                  We were a higher seed with homecourt vs a rookie coach

Comment

What about the other 8 games...
                    The loses or the wins vs team with injuries Mavs or Adjusting Pacers. Pacers seem to have dropped the George at the 4 at least in certain matchups

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      The loses or the wins vs team with injuries Mavs or Adjusting Pacers. Pacers seem to have dropped the George at the 4 at least in certain matchups
                      The wins
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Why should an accomplish that every player in the league wants be irrelevant.

If this team wins 50+ games than it would have a lot to do with DD. Since his the offensive focal point of the team.

I agree with you that we need to win a round.
                        Individual accomplishments are not as important as team success.

The measurement for Masai needs to be solely based on contributions to team success moving forward.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The wins
                          The upcoming 5 games will be a better stretch to evaluate the team. All games are NBA teams even the crappy ones like Kings and Lakers. Not saying they need to go 5-0 but even if they go 0-5 but show up on D and play some sort of offense they're better than I thought.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Won't answer the poll because it's 72 games + the playoffs too early.

Demar has been really good so far this season. Really hoping he keeps it up.

Anyone talking about players fitting on our team need to remember that Casey will most likely be gone, so your decision on whether we should go after a guy or not should be based 100% on talent and not fit.

Also remember that it will probably be worth it to bring Demar back even if you don't want him because he'd be a valuable trade asset, letting him go for cap space puts us in a worse situation.
                            Great point. This definitely excludes Harrison Barnes, IMO (sorry OldSkool), because Barnes was absolutely putrid in any other system except the current system the Warriors run. He simply can't create his own shot of the dribble and needs perfect ball movement and wide open catch-and-shoot looks to have a chance of even being average. Even then, he was below average PER in his "breakout" season last year and is barely above average PER this season.

No way I'd pay max dollars for a guy who is barely above average in a system tuned to maximize his strengths. Barnes seems like an example of a 4th-5th option on an elite team getting an overrated reputation bump up, based on winning and exposure.

Given the system/fit consideration, I'm actually starting to worry a bit that we might have overpaid Carroll. His offensive efficiency has plummeted badly with the Raps, and yet his replacement on the Hawks, Kent Bazemore, (who?), is having a similar type of breakout season that Carroll had.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Great point. This definitely excludes Harrison Barnes, IMO (sorry OldSkool), because Barnes was absolutely putrid in any other system except the current system the Warriors run. He simply can't create his own shot of the dribble and needs perfect ball movement and wide open catch-and-shoot looks to have a chance of even being average. Even then, he was below average PER in his "breakout" season last year and is barely above average PER this season.

No way I'd pay max dollars for a guy who is barely above average in a system tuned to maximize his strengths. Barnes seems like an example of a 4th-5th option on an elite team getting an overrated reputation bump up, based on winning and exposure.

Given the system/fit consideration, I'm actually starting to worry a bit that we might have overpaid Carroll. His offensive efficiency has plummeted badly with the Raps, and yet his replacement on the Hawks, Kent Bazemore, (who?), is having a similar type of breakout season that Carroll had.
                              Bazemore is shooting a ridic % from 3. I'm fairly certain he cant keep it up
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Bazemore is shooting a ridic % from 3. I'm fairly certain he cant keep it up
                                So did Korver and Carroll. Maybe its the system

Comment

Working...
                                X