Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Demar off-ball is as useless as CoJo off-ball. Really sit Dermar, let CoJo run out the clock and play DC as a SF and play a PF depending on the team. Won't happen though
    That would be nice. Cojo can create. He can drive and dish. Demar can shoot some open Js. He can hit the corner 3.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      That would be nice. Cojo can create. He can drive and dish. Demar can shoot some open Js. He can hit the corner 3.
      If he can great but he also needs to defend. Against Gay, DC is next to useless and marginally better than Demar in the post. JJ would have been better. DC is a better perimeter defender and CoJo can guard SG as well as Demar but probably much better. It's really because Lowry is a better 2 then Demar offensively

Comment

If he can great but he also needs to defend. Against Gay, DC is next to useless and marginally better than Demar in the post. JJ would have been better. DC is a better perimeter defender and CoJo can guard SG as well as Demar but probably much better. It's really because Lowry is a better 2 then Demar offensively
        Wait, what? Sit Carroll and play JJ? Why would Casey take a nice core player, one Masai just gave a big contract to, and sit him so he could play a defensive player with a limited offensive game who's meant to be a 15-20 mpg role player and who also has no long-term future with the team? Casey wouldn't do that to one of his core players, would he? I just can't picture it.

/sarcasm
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Wait, what? Sit Carroll and play JJ? Why would Casey take a nice core player, one Masai just gave a big contract to, and sit him so he could play a defensive player with a limited offensive game who's meant to be a 15-20 mpg role player and who also has no long-term future with the team? Casey wouldn't do that to one of his core players, would he? I just can't picture it.

/sarcasm
          He should sit Demar, DC guarding Gay in the post just leads to dunks. He isn't a great post defender. 2Pats would have done better. The way Casey goes small is beyond stupid

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

/sarcasm
            Well done.

I do think Carroll should have been sitting - he's clearly come back too soon from his injury - he's lacking lift and agility compared to earlier in the season.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Some good things from DD so far this season. Career highs in:
              PER
              AST%
              STL%
              WS/48
              Box plus-minus
              Free throw rate

And second highest TS%. Still not great, but he's taking a lot fewer shots from 16ft-3pt range and more in the 10-16ft range.

We'll see how this all holds up as we enter the murderers' row of our schedule, but promising nonetheless.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Some good things from DD so far this season. Career highs in:
                PER
                AST%
                STL%
                WS/48
                Box plus-minus
                Free throw rate

And second highest TS%. Still not great, but he's taking a lot fewer shots from 16ft-3pt range and more in the 10-16ft range.

We'll see how this all holds up as we enter the murderers' row of our schedule, but promising nonetheless.

It has been great.

....which makes it all the more glaring and obvious when he reverts back to 'bad' DeMar. He really does have a Jeckyl and Hyde thing going thus far this season.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  It has been great.

....which makes it all the more glaring and obvious when he reverts back to 'bad' DeMar. He really does have a Jeckyl and Hyde thing going thus far this season.
                  "Jeckyl and Hyde" or "Lipstick on a Pig"?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    "Jeckyl and Hyde" or "Lipstick on a Pig"?

lol

Roll with whatever you choose

lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      It has been great.

There are always going to be stretches of bad play. For me the focus is on whether or not those stretches are fewer and farther between. ie. Is he showing any progress? And I think that he has.

In particular, AST% and STL% are partly due to awareness, and I feel like that is improving for him as time goes on. He has a better grasp of where everyone is on the floor.

That said, tough opposition can make players revert to bad habits, so it's too early to say he's turned a corner. But if he can hold this kind of play, and continue to take better shots, I think there isn't much more you can ask of him. He's never going to be a top 10 superstar. But he can be a useful winning player.

Comment

• My sense in watching the fourth quarter last night is that DeRozan should rarely be on the court at the same time as Biyombo. If you want to put DeRozan in position to succeed and encourage good habits, you need to give him good passing and spacing options. I like the idea of using DeRozan as a point-forward in certain circumstances, but 4th quarter last night was entirely the wrong time and wrong personnel to do so.

Taking a look at two-man lineup stats, out of all lineups with DeRozan and a rotation big, DeRozan/Biyombo has the worst assist rate, the worst turnover rate, and by far the worst FG%.

Now, you might think that anybody plus Biyombo is going to yield similar results. But that's actually not the case. Lowry/Biyombo has the best FG% out of any Lowry/rotation-big two-man lineup, and best assist rate. Still worst turnover rate. But it seems like if Biyombo is ever going to be played for key stretches with starters, it should be with Lowry as the ball-handler.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          There are always going to be stretches of bad play. For me the focus is on whether or not those stretches are fewer and farther between. ie. Is he showing any progress? And I think that he has.

In particular, AST% and STL% are partly due to awareness, and I feel like that is improving for him as time goes on. He has a better grasp of where everyone is on the floor.

That said, tough opposition can make players revert to bad habits, so it's too early to say he's turned a corner. But if he can hold this kind of play, and continue to take better shots, I think there isn't much more you can ask of him. He's never going to be a top 10 superstar. But he can be a useful winning player.
                          A lot of the talk regarding the shift in defensive strategy surrounds JV's improved play (by letting a defensive anchor stay anchored), but the other benefit of less scrambling has been the ability for players to more effectively block passing lanes, which DeRozan has been great in. He may not be the best man defender, but he's been doing a pretty good job of altering/stealing passes (as have all our guards/wings).

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                            My sense in watching the fourth quarter last night is that DeRozan should rarely be on the court at the same time as Biyombo. If you want to put DeRozan in position to succeed and encourage good habits, you need to give him good passing and spacing options. I like the idea of using DeRozan as a point-forward in certain circumstances, but 4th quarter last night was entirely the wrong time and wrong personnel to do so.

Taking a look at two-man lineup stats, out of all lineups with DeRozan and a rotation big, DeRozan/Biyombo has the worst assist rate, the worst turnover rate, and by far the worst FG%.

Now, you might think that anybody plus Biyombo is going to yield similar results. But that's actually not the case. Lowry/Biyombo has the best FG% out of any Lowry/rotation-big two-man lineup, and best assist rate. Still worst turnover rate. But it seems like if Biyombo is ever going to be played for key stretches with starters, it should be with Lowry as the ball-handler.
                            Demar is probably the best at getting off a shot when doubled. Is DD-Biyombo good? no but its better than anyone else. Even CoJo struggles with getting doubled immediately when BB is on the floor

Comment

Demar is probably the best at getting off a shot when doubled. Is DD-Biyombo good? no but its better than anyone else. Even CoJo struggles with getting doubled immediately when BB is on the floor
                              No.

As posted in what you quoted is that lowry and biyomobo work very well together.

In fact far better than demar and biyombo

So it isnt better than anyone else

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• But it shouldn't even be a matter of is _____/Biyombo better than _____/Biyombo.

Just get Biz off the damn court in the 4th!

Comment

Working...
                                X