Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Well considering Dwyane Wade is at a career of 66% from 0-3 feet and 46% from 3-10 feet, and he's probably the 2nd best slashing 2-guard in the history of the game.... ummm yeah it kinda is dangerous.

And please don't try to twist that into me saying DeMar is as good as Wade. But idk how you can complain about me advocating for DeMar shooting half of his shots from an area (0-10 feet) where he shoots a combined ~56% from.

And it's not even like it's a new phenomenon for DeMar to be effective from these areas. On his career he shoots 64% from 0-3 feet and 43% from 3-10 feet. Having those shots make up the bulk of his offense is going to lead to better efficiency it's not exactly up for debate at all it's basic math.
    It is up for debate actually.

You feel as though snap your fingers and it happens.

Demar should have plays run for him on the corner threes.......but you fail to respond to players on our team that shoot that same shot FAR better not getting that play run.

Should team run corner three plays? YES for Demar? NO

And like I said about the 0-3 foot range, I would expect many NBA players to make over 60% from, there. jeeses, they are in the nba

demar is ranked 20th in fg% from 0-5feet among shooting guards at 56.8% Behind notable shooters like thabo Sepholosha, Dion Waiters, Evan Turner, Marcus thorton, rodney Wood.

Demar is ranked 20th in 8-16 feet.

so you can compare him to wade, who has done so much more in his career except be a good shooter as evidence that Demar can be "dangerous" shooting as bad as wade(which has always been wades biggest knock)

And I am not knocking wanting him to shoot more for areas where stats tell us he has a better shot at making them....I am pointing out that some of the logistics behind "making that happen" are not as cut and dry as "he needs to shoot this shot"

Comment

And to put that in perspective he's 12th in scoring. Only guy who scores more than him who takes less shots is Lowry.
      He's also shooting a worse eFG% than anyone else in the top 20 in FGA, and the only guy in the top 30 with a worse eFG% is Kobe.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Wait, are you looking only at jumpers?

He shoots 57% from that range if you include layups and dunks which you obviously should.
        oops, myy bad....

that at least gets him up into the evan turner range, Monta Ellis range.....you know in with the superstars.....

clicky
        Last edited by Snooch; Thu Dec 10, 2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• DD season averages
          21.4 PPG, 4.3 APG(2.5), 4.2 RPG .435 FG, .219 3FG, .832 FT

DD in december
          22.2 PPG, 4.8 APG, 4.2 RPG .478 FG

Dude is ballin' this year
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Klay Thompson for the record also has had a negative DBPM every year, and his career DBPM of -1.1 is about the same as DeMar's at -1.4. And Klay has only ever been on one bad defensive team FWIW.

DBPM, DRPM I think these two stats have some issues as DanH stated about the latter earlier.
            Yeah, but Klay is an average to below average defender on a fantastic defensive squad. Klay Thompson has a defined skillset that he's very, very good at though, and it works within a team concept. DeMar's game, in my opinion, hurts the team offense because of his tendency to stop the ball movement.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              DD season averages
              21.4 PPG, 4.3 APG(2.5), 4.2 RPG .435 FG, .219 3FG, .832 FT

DD in december
              22.2 PPG, 4.8 APG, 4.2 RPG .478 FG

Dude is ballin' this year
              DeMar's a good player, this isn't my issue. DeMar at 12mil per year would be worth keeping. DeMar at his likely price tag next summer of 20mil+ isn't worth it because he isn't on that level, and will never be the centerpiece of a championship team.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                DeMar's a good player, this isn't my issue. DeMar at 12mil per year would be worth keeping. DeMar at his likely price tag next summer of 20mil+ isn't worth it because he isn't on that level, and will never be the centerpiece of a championship team.
                DeMar (or any player near his level) at $12M per year will not exist in the NBA moving forwards.

$12M per year is fringe starter money at this point.

Comment

Yeah, but Klay is an average to below average defender on a fantastic defensive squad. Klay Thompson has a defined skillset that he's very, very good at though, and it works within a team concept. DeMar's game, in my opinion, hurts the team offense because of his tendency to stop the ball movement.
                  Klay is one of the best two way players in the league. Dd also starts the ball movement when he drives and draws attention and kicks it out.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Klay is one of the best two way players in the league. Dd also starts the ball movement when he drives and draws attention and kicks it out.
                    Klay isn't actually a great defender. He plays for a great defensive team, but it's hard to find a defensive metric by which he personally is fantastic. He does his job, plays within the team concept and is a fantastic 3 point shooter. In today's pace and space game, 3 point shooting is one of the most valued skills, and one that DeMar absolutely doesn't have.

I agree on DeMar's passing, he's great in a penetrate and pass capacity. When he plays within a team concept, DeMar is a solid asset. Unfortunately, in his bad games he takes a lot of low percentage shots and kills the ball movement.

Comment

if Ross is worth 11 mil how in the world is Dd worth 12 mil? If DD is a good player what is Ross than?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

if Ross is worth 11 mil how in the world is Dd worth 12 mil? If DD is a good player what is Ross than?
                        I'm not sure Ross is worth 11mil. Ross however is a good 3 point shooter who's shown flashes that he could be an above average defender. He's also played 1/3 of the career minutes of DeMar, so I'd say he has more room to develop still. Also, with Ross we already paid him, so I'd say if we can't trade him for better value, let him play and learn what we have.

We haven't paid DeMar yet, so we can talk about whether he's worth the price tag he'll demand next summer.

Comment

If you want to debate that DD can't shoot the ball effectively from beyond 16 feet... fine. But I'm not too interested in having to repeatedly point out the obvious which is that he excels from 10 feet and in both when it comes to finishing and drawing fouls. This is where he should absolutely be making his money (I mean that as a figure of speech) as a player.
                          He isnt that effective from his "money spot" in relation to many many many players.

You cherry pick certain things.

demar shoots from her at "x" the Great WADE only shoots "x.1"

demar has a bad drpm...well Klay's is bad to.

You have started to deflect criticisms that you cannot defend.

Comment

that only happens when demar gets into trouble.

And it is generally a one and done pass from out of those plays, rarely do they lead to a secondary, or god forbid, a third pass.

Comment

DeMar (or any player near his level) at $12M per year will not exist in the NBA moving forwards.

$12M per year is fringe starter money at this point.
                              so, that is what demar should be paid.

Comment

Overpaid

Comment

Working...
                                X