Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote:
    First paragraph is entirely opinion based, obviously, But there just as likely deals available to teams that feel that demar pushes them into title contention and as such having his bird rights gives them the drivers seat to resign.

the second: there isnt as large as market as you would think, seeing how this "top 5" shooting guard has no skill that would translate to playing a lesser role on another team.

AtL would never trade Demar for Horford....seriously....and a ultra thin roster. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Demar + Ppat equals capspace for Horford.

How the fuck is this team, less Demar and Ppat ultra thin. More exagerrations from the "d"eliebers
    Has anyone been traded on the last months of their contract because a team wanted their bird rights? I can't think of any, maybe you can. I don't think DD would even want the 5th year on the deal, so it's probably a moot point, but by all means, list me some of the recent deals (last 5 years or so) where guys were moved on the last year of their deal because another team wanted their bird rights.

Pretty sure Demar + PPat does not make max cap space for Horford. Letting DD walk gets us about $10M cap space, then we have to send away PPat for no salary, and we're still only at $17M, give or take. Horford is going to get full max, which for a player with 8 years experience is 30% of the cap, 30% * $90M cap = $27M max contract.

I don't see Horford leaving Atlanta, I think they give him the 5 year full max, which should take him through the end of his high level playing days.

As for my hypothetical DD for Horford trade, I agree it's not likely, but it's far more likely then Horford coming to Toronto of his own free will. Why you magically think free agents will be clamoring to play for a Derozan-less Raptors is beyond me.

The smart play is resign DD and add him to your valuable trade piece collection (DD, JV, Carroll, Joseph, the rookies). Pretty damn sure that's what Masai will do too. Now if he could also just fire Casey we might be really getting somewhere.

Comment

• Does anyone listen to the "Free Association" podcast? Well in today's episode they had this scoop from an agent they wouldn't name. Apparently after Rudy was traded Demar had scheduled a meeting with Masai once their west coast trip was over after the Laker game. In said meeting DD apparently said "If your planning on tanking, please trade me".

The podcast is by Sportsnet. It can be fond on iTunes. Good stuff.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Does anyone listen to the "Free Association" podcast? Well in today's episode they had this scoop from an agent they wouldn't name. Apparently after Rudy was traded Demar had scheduled a meeting with Masai once their west coast trip was over after the Laker game. In said meeting DD apparently said "If your planning on tanking, please trade me".

I believe it. DD was really fucking sick or playing for a losing team his whole career.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          I believe it. DD was really fucking sick or playing for a losing team his whole career.
          His 'whole career'? All 5 seasons that he'd played at that point?
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Does anyone listen to the "Free Association" podcast? Well in today's episode they had this scoop from an agent they wouldn't name. Apparently after Rudy was traded Demar had scheduled a meeting with Masai once their west coast trip was over after the Laker game. In said meeting DD apparently said "If your planning on tanking, please trade me".

If only he had trade value at that time.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              His 'whole career'? All 5 seasons that he'd played at that point?
              That is longer than average nba career.

5 years is a long time.

Just look at Philly....people talk like they been tanking for ages but it is just the third season now.

Losing is hard over course of 1-2 years....5 is dreadful.

Comment

• I like DD game of late. These last 7 games have been stellar.

My biggest concern is I've seen this before.

He has always put together great stretches of 10-12 games...every season he does it once or twice.

Interesting times for Toronto and Masai. Masai has to show his 2013 introduction wasn't a page from the book of Colangelo.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  DD was actually playing very good while Gay was on the team that year.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yes yes, of course he was - lol.

He was playing his inconsistent, volume scoring game with the Raptors losing.

I know historically you're a huge fan of that style of play.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      You mean the year DeMar got selected by coaches as an All-Star? I'm sure he had no trade value, smh. The things people say on here, lol.

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
                        You mean the year DeMar got selected by coaches as an All-Star? I'm sure he had no trade value, smh. The things people say on here, lol.

You must have forgot the Raptors started 6-12 with Rudy/DD chuck fests the mockery of the league.

Quality of discussion has really deteriorated of late. I would encourage new members to carry on a tradition of intelligent conversation.
                        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Dec 22, 2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Has anyone been traded on the last months of their contract because a team wanted their bird rights? I can't think of any, maybe you can. I don't think DD would even want the 5th year on the deal, so it's probably a moot point, but by all means, list me some of the recent deals (last 5 years or so) where guys were moved on the last year of their deal because another team wanted their bird rights.

Pretty sure Demar + PPat does not make max cap space for Horford. Letting DD walk gets us about $10M cap space, then we have to send away PPat for no salary, and we're still only at $17M, give or take. Horford is going to get full max, which for a player with 8 years experience is 30% of the cap, 30% * $90M cap = $27M max contract.

I don't see Horford leaving Atlanta, I think they give him the 5 year full max, which should take him through the end of his high level playing days.

As for my hypothetical DD for Horford trade, I agree it's not likely, but it's far more likely then Horford coming to Toronto of his own free will. Why you magically think free agents will be clamoring to play for a Derozan-less Raptors is beyond me.

The smart play is resign DD and add him to your valuable trade piece collection (DD, JV, Carroll, Joseph, the rookies). Pretty damn sure that's what Masai will do too. Now if he could also just fire Casey we might be really getting somewhere.
                          I never said any of that at all.

Anither prime example of misuse of a post to try and disprove.

I clearly stated that a team could think demar would he the piece to put them over the top...or take the next step..and then with his bird rights they feel as though they would have best chance to retain him in the offseason.

I never spoke of a team trading f9r bird rights. Lets get that straight right now

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

You must have forgot the Raptors started 6-12 with Rudy/DD chuck fests the mockery of the league.

Quality of discussion has really deteriorated of late. I would encourage new members to carry on a tradition of intelligent conversation.
                            Lots of long twos for posts.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                              Lots of long twos for posts.

Ineffective?
                              Painful to read?
                              Repetitive?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Even DD has come to acknowledge through his shot selection the errs of his previous ways.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                I never said any of that at all.

Anither prime example of misuse of a post to try and disprove.

I clearly stated that a team could think demar would he the piece to put them over the top...or take the next step..and then with his bird rights they feel as though they would have best chance to retain him in the offseason.

I never spoke of a team trading f9r bird rights. Lets get that straight right now

You never said DD + PPat gives us max cap space for Horford? 4th paragraph in your post I was responding to? I guess the forums are playing tricks on me.

As for the bird rights, it looked like you were saying teams will trade for bird rights to be in the drivers seat signing a player when he hits free agency. I can't think of a time that happened (maybe it has? let me know). If you weren't trying to say that, then I guess we agree there. DD has minimal trade value right now due to his contract being about to end, hence why we should resign him before trying to trade him.

Comment

Working...
                                X