Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    You never said DD + PPat gives us max cap space for Horford? 4th paragraph in your post I was responding to? I guess the forums are playing tricks on me.

As for the bird rights, it looked like you were saying teams will trade for bird rights to be in the drivers seat signing a player when he hits free agency. I can't think of a time that happened (maybe it has? let me know). If you weren't trying to say that, then I guess we agree there. DD has minimal trade value right now due to his contract being about to end, hence why we should resign him before trying to trade him.

yes the first part i did say.

the second part, it was not an implication that a team would trade for bird rights, that would be icing on the cake.

sorry if i jumped down your throat, been a shit tonne of misquoting going on lately.

Comment

• guys whats demar's numbers last 8 games?
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Has anyone been traded on the last months of their contract because a team wanted their bird rights? I can't think of any, maybe you can. I don't think DD would even want the 5th year on the deal, so it's probably a moot point, but by all means, list me some of the recent deals (last 5 years or so) where guys were moved on the last year of their deal because another team wanted their bird rights.
        If you're talking about a team giving up assets for a 1yr or less rental of a pending UFA - not all recent, but: Melo, Gerald Wallace, Kevin Love, Dwight, D-Will, Gay (opted in), Dragic, Batum, ...

Last months are rare, though.
        Last edited by golden; Tue Dec 22, 2015, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          If you're talking about a team giving up assets for a 1yr or less rental of a pending UFA - not all recent, but: Melo, Gerald Wallace, Kevin Love, Dwight, D-Will, Gay (opted in), Dragic, Batum, ...

Let's remember, Masai was the guy who made that Melo trade that got a lot back.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Let's remember, Masai was the guy who made that Melo trade that got a lot back.
            I see zero indication that DD is even being remotely considered to be traded. Melo wanted out.

Most likely scenario is that Masai talks DD into taking a bit less than the max, just like he did with Kyle and JV.

Comment

I see zero indication that DD is even being remotely considered to be traded. Melo wanted out.

Most likely scenario is that Masai talks DD into taking a bit less than the max, just like he did with Kyle and JV.
              My point was that it's possible. As far as what's being considered, Masai plays things pretty close to his chest anyways.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                You must have forgot the Raptors started 6-12 with Rudy/DD chuck fests the mockery of the league.

Quality of discussion has really deteriorated of late. I would encourage new members to carry on a tradition of intelligent conversation.
                mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Yes yes, of course he was - lol.

He was playing his inconsistent, volume scoring game with the Raptors losing.

I know historically you're a huge fan of that style of play.
                In November 13-14 DD averaged
                22.5 PTS, 2.7 AST, 3.9 REB, .444 FG, .389(3.9 attempts/G). Rudy Gay was traded after the 3rd game in December. Yeah, your right no trade value lol.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

+1
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    My point was that it's possible. As far as what's being considered, Masai plays things pretty close to his chest anyways.
                    If your waiting for a DD trade your going to be waiting a long time
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Quality of discussion has really deteriorated of late. I would encourage new members to carry on a tradition of intelligent conversation.
                      Amen. A thousand times, Amen.

Comment

now that im thinking about it, masai was one of the gms involved in 3 of those trades.

and he came out like a bandit in every single one lol
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

You must have forgot the Raptors started 6-12 with Rudy/DD chuck fests the mockery of the league.

Oh boy, I thought this thread had become laughable with all the macho chest thumping back and forth, but you stick your nose in the air about intelligent conversation, in my response to your "DD had no trade value". Perhaps I just don't share your high intellect, but I disagree, so help a newbie out with intelligent reasoning to back up your bold statement. The team's record is intellectual reasoning/evidence? Okay.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            In November 13-14 DD averaged
                            22.5 PTS, 2.7 AST, 3.9 REB, .444 FG, .389(3.9 attempts/G). Rudy Gay was traded after the 3rd game in December. Yeah, your right no trade value lol.
                            Take a look at the game log.

Inconsistency reigned supreme.

Also his 4th year was a disaster in terms of his development.

Should have known better to expect anything remotely objective.
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Dec 23, 2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
                              Oh boy, I thought this thread had become laughable with all the macho chest thumping back and forth, but you stick your nose in the air about intelligent conversation, in my response to your "DD had no trade value". Perhaps I just don't share your high intellect, but I disagree, so help a newbie out with intelligent reasoning to back up your bold statement. The team's record is intellectual reasoning/evidence? Okay.
                              would you have been happy if instead of Gay, Demar had been traded for patterson, vasquez, hayes and salmons? because they were playing essentially the same game at that point. The offence was alternating between Demar and Rudy taking inefficient ISO jumpshits over 2 defenders. Inconsistent performances were the name of the game.

Don't think GMs valued Demar much more than Gay.

The all star selection came after the raptors turnaround.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                would you have been happy if instead of Gay, Demar had been traded for patterson, vasquez, hayes and salmons? because they were playing essentially the same game at that point. The offence was alternating between Demar and Rudy taking inefficient ISO jumpshits over 2 defenders. Inconsistent performances were the name of the game.

Don't think GMs valued Demar much more than Gay.

The all star selection came after the raptors turnaround.
                                No one is saying who had more value. Were arguing the fact that apparently he had no trade value.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X