• Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Now he doesn't pass the ball.

Lol

Keep me coming!
    He was referring to last year.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      No I didn't. Still not convinced it's here to stay. But will gladly be wrong again.

We can continue to go over the last 700 pages of posts to see who said what (pretty sure I can find some good ones for you) or we can move on.
      You can keep looking I'm not contracting anything I said over the summer.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• He's playing great basketball, the game is starting to slow down for him. As a one and done athlete with some semblance of a mid range game coming into the league and now entering his 7th season, the man has come a long way.

I think the people that doubted DeRozan (myself included) had many very valid reasons for doing so. The criticism wasn't unjustified or unwarranted. In the scenario that this play continues for the remainder of the season, and into the playoffs, we need to admit we were wrong. I am already leaning that way as this is passing the eye test of consistency for me. If this is the new normal I can swallow him getting a max deal, not because I think he is worth max money, but because I do not see realistic alternatives that make us better, (Durant is not happening)

The other thing to understand here is that he is entering the phase of his career, where the game slows down, the handle tightens up a bit, the willingness to not shoulder the load every night leads to the extra pass, and the IQ on defense allows you to play smarter D.

There are a lot of players that I think you can use the "contract year" argument for.

But let's look at when contracts are typically offered so you can see why sometimes it is just natural progression

you get your first deal around year four. You aren't usually in your prime yet but by year 4 you generally have a sense of trajectory. The norm is not to play for 4 years and then suddenly have cheat codes entered on your career. The second contract comes between 6 - 9 years into the league, or prime. How long your prime lasts is determined on your health and style. A hyper athlete that never develops beyond that, can go about 10 years that alone. DeRozan, although a gifted athlete, has graduated to the old man's game early, being strength, footwork, getting people to bite on pump fakes, over energy and explosiveness.

You are entitled to make the contract year argument on him. I just think in his case you are wrong. He is far more like Lowry (who is playing his best ball not in a contract year) than say, Trevor Contractyeariza
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          You can keep looking I'm not contracting anything I said over the summer.
          Clearly the bolded part wasn't clear enough.

Don't think anyone really believes that you predicted Demar's change when you said 10 mins ago that DD is playing the same as 2 years ago.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            Now he doesn't pass the ball.

Lol

Keep me coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I was talking about last season. You know, season where he opted to shoot tough turnaround fadeaways over simply moving the ball.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              You are entitled to make the contract year argument on him.
              I think there are now, officially, more posts explaining why we shouldn't use the term "contract year" than actual posts that did.

Comment

I think there are now, officially, more posts explaining why we shouldn't use the term "contract year" than actual posts that did.
                So your intent in using "contract year" wasn't to indicate that he's playing this well because it's a contract year? Just to confirm.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  So your intent in using "contract year" wasn't to indicate that he's playing this well because it's a contract year? Just to confirm.
                  What do you think?

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Dude is playing smarter than ever and the results have been good. In a contract year, he is making the most of it.
                  Looks more like a comment that DD is going to be making a boat load of money. But people will read what they want.

Comment

• Ight

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yall Really Don't know Example?

He gets to the Basket Like an Fish swimming through a Pond....

How easy a Bird Flys Through the Skys How Easy Demar can get to the Basket...

He Led The League inside freethrows Playoffs!!!

Comment

• I'm impressed by DeMar's improvement, impressed by the dogged belief that those who kept faith with him showed on this (tough) thread ... and impressed, too, by those who have - quite quickly! - been able to acknowledge the fact of it.

Most of us do develop favourites and strong opinions about players (and take the game quite personally). So - again - the turnaround is cool. And makes it easier to enjoy what we're seeing (by re-hashing and analyzing it here). Kudos to all.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          All summer I said that DD would go back to his 13-14 form. If he was heathy.
                          Except this isn't 2013-14.

It is much much better from playing smarter.

Comment

Classic form from a select group

Comment

• Gotta say this thread is so sad.

This is very similar to start of season. He played great for 4 of first 5 games. At which time hell broke loose. For the record I was one who admitted I was very much wrong in DeRozan being incapable of changing the way he played. He then reverted for a bit but the last 10 games has been out of this world. But what seems to always be lost is his current style of play is what was always asked for by his biggest 'haters'.

I believe the reason why the so many settlers of the District are not getting their mad props is because they never once criticized the way he played - just a never ending string of excuses why he play was not his fault and why his play was actually good (which it wasn't once one elevates oneself beyond simple statistics such as PPG).

But anyways, truly sad overall display which is tainting what should be a joyous occasion during a joyous time of year no less.

Comment

• The thing is I'm not the one whose surprised. You guys are. I never doubted he couple do this. His shown time before in stretches that he could do this but he couldn't do this consistently.

You know why? Cause he wasn't good enough yet to do it consistently. His handle wasn't tight enough. He wasn't physically strong enough. He was inexperience. The thing is I didn't doubt that he wouldn't put in the work to get better at all those things. You guys doubted his work ethic.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X