Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
    Tobias Harris and picks! We're going to kill Cleveland now!
    You're not going to beat Cleveland with Lowry/DeRozan or Tobias Harris. But the picks, you never know.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      You're not going to beat Cleveland with Lowry/DeRozan or Tobias Harris. But the picks, you never know.
      I've heard the clippers 1st protected 1 thru 12 is a lockdown defender
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        If they trade Derozan they better get a fuck of a lot more than Tobias Harris and picks. Jesus.
        If they trade DeRozan, it's to open up offensive space for growth in the young guys, and to improve the team's defensive ceiling, not to replace DeRozan with a guy who brings the same usage.

Like it or not, DeMar absorbs a massive amount of touches and influence on a team's offense, and that makes it hard for other guys to grow into their games.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          If they trade DeRozan, it's to open up offensive space for growth in the young guys, and to improve the team's defensive ceiling, not to replace DeRozan with a guy who brings the same usage.

Like it or not, DeMar absorbs a massive amount of touches and influence on a team's offense, and that makes it hard for other guys to grow into their games.
          That has always been the crux of the DeBate - how to replace his offense with his positional replacement? The truth is, you don't. His offensive contributions would be replaced with increased scoring from multiple players who are all ready to play a bigger role, whether that's JV, Anunoby, Wright, Van Vleet, Siakam, Poeltl, Powell, etc...

Replacing him in the lineup with a superior defender will also conceivably help take points off the board from the opposition, which is another way to replace DeRozan's net scoring contribution.

I would argue that trading DeRozan does not equate to any sort of tank, for those reasons. Plus, the team would also be getting assets back for DeRozan, since it's not a salary dump (at least not entirely) and he's a solid asset going out.

Of course, firing Casey is still priority #1, but DeRozan is a more valuable trade asset than Lowry, Ibaka, JV, or any of the young players (small salaries).

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            That has always been the crux of the DeBate - how to replace his offense with his positional replacement? The truth is, you don't. His offensive contributions would be replaced with increased scoring from multiple players who are all ready to play a bigger role, whether that's JV, Anunoby, Wright, Van Vleet, Siakam, Poeltl, Powell, etc...

Replacing him in the lineup with a superior defender will also conceivably help take points off the board from the opposition, which is another way to replace DeRozan's net scoring contribution.

I would argue that trading DeRozan does not equate to any sort of tank, for those reasons. Plus, the team would also be getting assets back for DeRozan, since it's not a salary dump (at least not entirely) and he's a solid asset going out.

Of course, firing Casey is still priority #1, but DeRozan is a more valuable trade asset than Lowry, Ibaka, JV, or any of the young players (small salaries).
            Agreed. Derozan is our best player, but not our most valuable in terms of what he contributes. Hes a scorer, scoring is usually easily replaceable. Lowry on the other hand, is the team leader and a very good floor general. JV is the team’s best rebounder and can score in the paint when you need him to.

If you can get a player in return for Derozan, who can contribute more defensively, better 3 point shooting, but only scores maybe 15 points a game, Raptors will be fine, maybe better than they are now. I think OG, Siakam, FVV, Wright and especially JV next season will be more than capable of handling a larger scoring role.
            Last edited by A.I; Tue May 8, 2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• So what you're saying is we should trade DeRozan for Khris Middleton?

Long live Ben Golliver!
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                Agreed. Derozan is our best player, but not our most valuable in terms of what he contributes. Hes a scorer, scoring is usually easily replaceable. Lowry on the other hand, is the team leader and a very good floor general. JV is the team’s best rebounder and can score in the paint when you need him to.

If you can get a player in return for Derozan, who can contribute more defensively, better 3 point shooting, but only scores maybe 15 points a game, Raptors will be fine, maybe better than they are now. I think OG, Siakam, FVV, Wright and especially JV next season will be more than capable of handling a larger scoring role.
                This isn't a piling on comment, but you could actually directly replace Demar's raw scoring with a guy like Lou Williams, assuming we don't want to tank.

Comment

• I'd try to knock on Cuban's door and dangle DeMar in front of him. He loves pseudo all-stars. They are young and want talent.

DeMar for Wes/Powell and Dallas' pick. They will have a top 5 pick this year. Wes is on an expiring contract.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yep.

But, I think if the Raptors move off this core, it will be to reduce salary. And DeMar is also the easiest target to move to manage that and still get some assets back.
                    Tbh I don't think reducing salary should be a priority.

For example if the Lakers are willing to do Ingram, picks and Deng's contract I'd gladly do that if we're rebuilding. Don't mind taking on bad deals if we're gonna have 2-3 years trying to land superstars in the draft. As long as they don't extend far beyond that window.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

For example if the Lakers are willing to do Ingram, picks and Deng's contract I'd gladly do that if we're rebuilding. Don't mind taking on bad deals if we're gonna have 2-3 years trying to land superstars in the draft. As long as they don't extend far beyond that window.
                      I would definitely start with the California teams if gauging DeMar's value.

Not sure how I feel about Ingram. Talented kid with that long body, but watching him you see a lot of brainfarts. They also have Kuzma, who may not have a star ceiling but is already a well rounded wing player.

If they give us a 1st rounder and one of their young guys, that's a good starting off point. And you can sell them on DeMar helping them to pitch LA to free agents if you get the deal done before free agency starts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

I'd be fine with a deal like that, but I expect the Raptors to duck as much tax as possible if they aren't sticking to their guns.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• For what it's worth, I don't think moving DeMar has to be a tank. That's not to say he's not very good, he is, but there's been enough growth on the roster that the team might not have to take much of a step back in that move if the trade is right.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I'd try to knock on Cuban's door and dangle DeMar in front of him. He loves pseudo all-stars. They are young and want talent.

DeMar for Wes/Powell and Dallas' pick. They will have a top 5 pick this year. Wes is on an expiring contract.
                            Dallas would be crazy to do that unless the pick was like 2019 top 8 protected.
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• DeRozan and Lowry pulled an Auston Matthews in these playoffs. Both choked in the playoffs.

When is enough is enough?

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                                Dallas would be crazy to do that unless the pick was like 2019 top 8 protected.
                                They would be, but there is always someone who would take their chances on a proven all star than a draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X