No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would mean trading DeMar for another high usage player I think. The team is built around DeMar so moving him means you have to replace a fair bit of what he does. I love the idea spreading shots around, but there can't be a complete balance in usage unless everyone in your rotation are similar in talent level. We know that isn't the case.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
      DeRozan and Lowry pulled an Auston Matthews in these playoffs. Both choked in the playoffs.
      Ok. You're my favourite poster here now Sonny. Lmao.

I must say though, DD and Lowry were pretty good against Washington. Matthews on the other hand completely choked against the Bruins.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        That would mean trading DeMar for another high usage player I think. The team is built around DeMar so moving him means you have to replace a fair bit of what he does. I love the idea spreading shots around, but there can't be a complete balance in usage unless everyone in your rotation are similar in talent level. We know that isn't the case.
        JV and OG will be the 2 who take on most or the usage I’d say. Its long overdue for JV I think, and might as well throw OG into the fire.

Comment

That would mean trading DeMar for another high usage player I think. The team is built around DeMar so moving him means you have to replace a fair bit of what he does. I love the idea spreading shots around, but there can't be a complete balance in usage unless everyone in your rotation are similar in talent level. We know that isn't the case.
          The whole point of moving DeMar would be to not replace him with a high usage player.

You can have an imbalanced usage lineup with low-mid 20's usage rates topping each lineup. You don't need a ~30% usage guy to make the offence work.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            JV and OG will be the 2 who take on most or the usage I’d say. Its long overdue for JV I think, and might as well throw OG into the fire.
            I think you could integrate OG more into the offence and that is something I would like to see as well. Not sure how they would get JV more shots without changing the offence though. They want to maintain or quicken the pace and not slow it down.

Comment

I think you could integrate OG more into the offence and that is something I would like to see as well. Not sure how they would get JV more shots without changing the offence though. They want to maintain or quicken the pace and not slow it down.
              Quickening the offense can take multiple forms, and they aren't all just 'run fast break'. Being decisive is one way that can make JV better, and quicken the offense. You go into your sets immediately, and keep motion going off-ball as well, to create holes in the defense. The Raptors weren't good at that this year.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Well he doesn’t need to post up to score. JV scoring could be as a result of ball movement and guard penetration.

Comment

Well he doesn’t need to post up to score. JV scoring could be as a result of ball movement and guard penetration.
                  Yeah, I would think there would be more PnR action. Wright and FVV would need to work on their pull up game.

Could also run some more high post options, with cutters and off-ball screen play to try to get some easy offence.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That was Jonas' calling guard when drafted. How he's such a great PnR target.

"But fuck that, let's roll with Bebe!" - Dwane Casey (probably)

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Demar knows he has to get better. He’s the hardest worker in the league. I truly believe he’s going to come back next year a better defender and a better 3 point shooter. He finally got comfortable taking 3s this year, and he was able to put more effort in on the defensive end than he has in a long time, he has to build on it. My opinion is that we try to find a taker for serge without giving up any picks, if not, roll it back with a new coach. We’ve got a bit more in the tank for this core, especially if pascal, OG, Delon and Yak get better, which they will.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        Demar knows he has to get better. He’s the hardest worker in the league. I truly believe he’s going to come back next year a better defender and a better 3 point shooter. He finally got comfortable taking 3s this year, and he was able to put more effort in on the defensive end than he he in a long time, he has to build on it. My opinion is that we try to find a taker for serge without giving up any picks, if not, roll it back with a new coach. We’ve got a bit more in the tank for this core, especially if pascal, OG, Delon and Yak get better, which they will.
                        DeMar is a hard worker, but I feel like the ship has sailed on his defense. It's been an issue for so many years, and every time we hear "he's going to come back a better defender", and instead he works on his offense.

I just don't see it happening.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Demar knows he has to get better. He’s the hardest worker in the league. I truly believe he’s going to come back next year a better defender and a better 3 point shooter. He finally got comfortable taking 3s this year, and he was able to put more effort in on the defensive end than he has in a long time, he has to build on it. My opinion is that we try to find a taker for serge without giving up any picks, if not, roll it back with a new coach. We’ve got a bit more in the tank for this core, especially if pascal, OG, Delon and Yak get better, which they will.
                          He is a very hard worker. Unfortunately for him, defense is more than hard work. He doesn’t have the IQ or defensive instincts to be good.

Comment

He is a very hard worker. Unfortunately for him, defense is more than hard work. He doesn’t have the IQ or defensive instincts to be good.
                            Although he rarely works hard on D.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I dunno, not sure I could be convinced that this team advances enough to stay ahead or keep pace with some of the other eastern conference teams. I thought this was their best chance, with an aging Cavs team, a depleted Celtics team, the 76ers a year or two removed from real contenders; the window is closing.

I think Masai should try to get try to shed some long term salary, get a couple extra picks and load up on young guys who haven't panned out.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Quickening the offense can take multiple forms, and they aren't all just 'run fast break'. Being decisive is one way that can make JV better, and quicken the offense. You go into your sets immediately, and keep motion going off-ball as well, to create holes in the defense. The Raptors weren't good at that this year.
                                I think that's kind of how they want JV to get his points...indirectly. Yeah he could definitely improve his decision making, but to a point where they run the offence through him? Not putting it past him, but it's not something I would bank on either.

Comment

Working...
                                X