Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    The whole point of moving DeMar would be to not replace him with a high usage player.

You can have an imbalanced usage lineup with low-mid 20's usage rates topping each lineup. You don't need a ~30% usage guy to make the offence work.
    I agree. I was responding to a comment that was made where someone was saying you could trade Demar and it doesn't mean major changes to the team (though I may have interpreted the posters quote incorrectly). I think if you trade the centre piece of the team it will require a lot of changes. If you replace him and his high usage for someone whom can't handle it then I'm not sure how you run this offence? Lowry can't do it, and now you are looking at playing through JV in the post. That's a pretty dramatic change.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I agree. I was responding to a comment that was made where someone was saying you could trade Demar and it doesn't mean major changes to the team (though I may have interpreted the posters quote incorrectly). I think if you trade the centre piece of the team it will require a lot of changes. If you replace him and his high usage for someone whom can't handle it then I'm not sure how you run this offence? Lowry can't do it, and now you are looking at playing through JV in the post. That's a pretty dramatic change.
      This year's offence works fine without a high usage option. Last year, I'd have been very concerned. Heck, that's why I was so on board with re-signing DeMar when he was a FA. He was necessary to the old system. Not so in this one.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This year's offence works fine without a high usage option. Last year, I'd have been very concerned. Heck, that's why I was so on board with re-signing DeMar when he was a FA. He was necessary to the old system. Not so in this one.
        I gotta disagree with that or at least get a better idea of what sort of player you think would fit well to replace him. Having too many role players sort of makes you one dimensional doesn't it? Who do you go to when shots aren't falling? What reason does the defence have for not sticking to those role players like glue?

Comment

I gotta disagree with that or at least get a better idea of what sort of player you think would fit well to replace him. Having too many role players sort of makes you one dimensional doesn't it? Who do you go to when shots aren't falling? What reason does the defence have for not sticking to those role players like glue?
          What do you do when you have to bench your leading scorer in playoff games?
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            What do you do when you have to bench your leading scorer in playoff games?
            Hopefully your a leading scorer that doesn't need benching.

Comment

We have a pretty huge sample of DeMar sitting and the team being just fine, even without Lowry out there, unlike prior years when Lowry had to carry the offence when DeMar was on the bench or out.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We have a pretty huge sample of DeMar sitting and the team being just fine, even without Lowry out there, unlike prior years when Lowry had to carry the offence when DeMar was on the bench or out.
                I have no doubt the team could still win 50 games without DeMar.

We will get nowhere in the playoffs still though. Without high-end, superstar talent, we are not ever going to win shit.

Rebuild, tank and go get some. Any other move barring trading for one is a terrible fucking idea.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  I have no doubt the team could still win 50 games without DeMar.

We will get nowhere in the playoffs still though. Without high-end, superstar talent, we are not ever going to win shit.

Rebuild, tank and go get some. Any other move barring trading for one is a terrible fucking idea.
                  This team can't tank. They have too much quality depth. The young pieces that give us hope for the future would limit this team's floor at like 35 wins. Never mind that they likely can't get off Lowry or Ibaka's deals without trading picks, which kind of defeats the point.

If there is a rebuild decision point, it comes at earliest next summer, not this summer. Next summer Ibaka and Lowry may have value, potentially in a deal to absorb a bad contract and get picks in the process.

For now, you see what you can do over the next year while maintaining flexibility and seeing what you have in the rest of your pieces. That, in my mind, means moving DeMar (who is most likely on the team to get you a lotto pick in return) and getting a new coach. Unless you double down on this core and bring them all back. I'm leaning to the former.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I like our depth but at the same time...we lost FVV for a bit there and bench went to shit...so don't resign FVV and maybe tank is possible
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

This team can't tank. They have too much quality depth. The young pieces that give us hope for the future would limit this team's floor at like 35 wins. Never mind that they likely can't get off Lowry or Ibaka's deals without trading picks, which kind of defeats the point.

If there is a rebuild decision point, it comes at earliest next summer, not this summer. Next summer Ibaka and Lowry may have value, potentially in a deal to absorb a bad contract and get picks in the process.

For now, you see what you can do over the next year while maintaining flexibility and seeing what you have in the rest of your pieces. That, in my mind, means moving DeMar (who is most likely on the team to get you a lotto pick in return) and getting a new coach. Unless you double down on this core and bring them all back. I'm leaning to the former.
                      I think Masai at least makes some calls about moving DeMar. Can you move him + get a pick back + not take a big step back as a team (get a playable player in return)? That would be ideal.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I definitely think you can get off Lowry without trading a pick. You won't get value back at all, but you can trade him without attaching stuff to it. >40% high volume 3 point shooters who can run an offense and play good defense don't grow on trees.

Ibaka you don't need to trade to tank. He can become Orlando Serge Ibaka pretty easily.

I'm not advocating tanking at all I'm just saying that Serge and Lowry aren't what's in your way of that.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Lowry can be such a bitch though. If season doesn't go well I can see him having a meltdown without Demar.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I guess my question is do people think Demar is on par with Blake Griffin, in terms of trade value?

Because I'm pretty sure the Clippers took the last and only available offer that looked anywhere close to "Pick + Useable asset".

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              I guess my question is do people think Demar is on par with Blake Griffin, in terms of trade value?

Because I'm pretty sure the Clippers took the last and only available offer that looked anywhere close to "Pick + Useable asset".
                              That would mean waiting until the trade deadline, and hope to take advantage of a self-described "playoff team" who is desperate to move up in the standings, following 4 months of uninspiring performances.

Comment

• If the goal is a championship than we need to tank and work on a long term strategy to beat GSW. For example.. hope to hell we can land Giannis when his contract is up.. and see what we can do to get a second star to play with him.

But the real goal in my opinion is to figure out a damn way to beat a Lebron James team. And I don't believe you need a super star to make that happen. Just the right mix of players and coaches with the right mental attitude. DeMar, Serge and Casey are definitely not the right type of guys to beat this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X