Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I guess my question is do people think Demar is on par with Blake Griffin, in terms of trade value?

Because I'm pretty sure the Clippers took the last and only available offer that looked anywhere close to "Pick + Useable asset".
    He has more trade value. At this point they're similar level players, but Blake had already started declining plus has more money for more years.

EDIT: And Blake is more injury prone.
    Last edited by Other Scott; Tue May 8, 2018, 04:41 PM.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      I guess my question is do people think Demar is on par with Blake Griffin, in terms of trade value?

Because I'm pretty sure the Clippers took the last and only available offer that looked anywhere close to "Pick + Useable asset".
      That seems to be partly a Jerry West type thing. I remember Lowe saying something along those lines.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I think Masai at least makes some calls about moving DeMar. Can you move him + get a pick back + not take a big step back as a team (get a playable player in return)? That would be ideal.
        I'll be stunned if they trade Derozan unless it's a blockbuster type deal. Trading him for a pick and a 'playable player' would be unfathomable.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I'll be stunned if they trade Derozan unless it's a blockbuster type deal. Trading him for a pick and a 'playable player' would be unfathomable.
          It would be worse than the VC trade. Bigger embarrassment than getting swept. If DeRozan is traded we need to and will (judging by Masai's track record) get major value back.

Plus I think our young guys can win 30 games even with the absence of Derozan, Lowry, and Ibaka, therefore, tanking will be harder then it seems. We need to see what LeBron does in free agency, if he's goes to the west, we should go after PG or something.
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• You can't give DeMar away but you also have to look at what similar guys got and use those as barometers.

Jimmy Butler + 16th pick was traded for Lavine, Dunn and the 7th pick. Butler had 2 years left on his contract.

Blake Griffin was traded for Avery (expiring), Harris, Marjonovic and a 2018 pick (top 4 protected). Blake had 4.5 years on his contract left.

Kyrie Iriving was traded for Thomas (expiring), Crowder, Zizic and Brooklyn's 2018 pick (estimated to be top 5, currently at #8). Irving had 2 years left on his contract. ** Irving asked to be traded.

Paul George was traded for Oladipo, Sabonis. George had one year left on his contract.

DeMar has 2 years left on his deal. So the selling price seems to be 2 young guys (or 1 young guy and an expiring) plus a lottery pick.

So the market really is a pick and a 'playable player'. Just make sure that playable player is young and has room for growth. Like Oladipo or Lavine/Dunn.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              DeMar was so bad against Cleveland yesterday.. I mean how often do you hear of a coaching benching your "best" player in a critical game of the playoffs.. and not because of injury but because of how he's playing? It never happens.. like in any sport. I've never seen it happen. DeMar wasn't just off his game.. he wasn't participating.

And this is now the second time this has happened.

It's like DeMar took the exact same drugs that Ibaka took before Game 2.
              He may be on prescription drugs to deal with his depression and the stress of his ailing father.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                He may be on prescription drugs to deal with his depression and the stress of his ailing father.
                Thank you. The dude was dealing with some major issues in his life. He clearly wasn't the Demar from the first half of the season since possibly just before the all-star break. Dealing with a breakup and ill family makes it difficult to go to work every day and give 110%. I'm not gonna cry if he gets traded, although I think it unlikely, yet I can understand the difficulty of rising to the occasion given the stuff he was dealing with in his personal life. Ain't nobody out there gonna overcome playing LBJ if they are suffering from depression.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  I have no doubt the team could still win 50 games without DeMar.

We will get nowhere in the playoffs still though. Without high-end, superstar talent, we are not ever going to win shit.

Rebuild, tank and go get some. Any other move barring trading for one is a terrible fucking idea.
                  It's. Not. Fucking. Happening.

This is Just like your bench jv posts all over again. We understand your opinion. You can make 1001 posts saying the same thing but ujiri and the raptors are doing something different. Guarantee
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• What I really want is for Demar to learn to be a great offensive player without the ball in his hands. He would be great coming off screens like Beal does fit midrange jumpers, almost impossible to guard and those are very make-able shots for Demar.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      What I really want is for Demar to learn to be a great offensive player without the ball in his hands. He would be great coming off screens like Beal does fit midrange jumpers, almost impossible to guard and those are very make-able shots for Demar.
                      they should have been treating CJ like that. He's a more potent weapon than the Raps were able to showcase.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        they should have been treating CJ like that. He's a more potent weapon than the Raps were able to showcase.
                        Agreed. If they ran CJ off a screen from the corner to the elbow at the 3 point line, either they’d get an open 3 from CJ or a dunk for the big who set the screen basically every play.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Don't really agree. Miles' numbers were pretty much the norm for his career. He's not actually the sniper some think he is. He's got a quick release but is a pretty streaky shooter. Not much else to his scoring game as well. He can drive a bit when he's got space but nothing special.

Comment

• I could definitely see a Demar for Wiggins & a pick deal, if Masai wants to roll the dice. Masai pretty much stated around the time he was drafted that getting him to Toronto was the long term goal. Unfortunately, it’s a buy low scenario and a hope/prayer that a new coach can spark that fire in him. Demar, Butler and Towns would be a real force in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              I could definitely see a Demar for Wiggins & a pick deal, if Masai wants to roll the dice. Masai pretty much stated around the time he was drafted that getting him to Toronto was the long term goal. Unfortunately, it’s a buy low scenario and a hope/prayer that a new coach can spark that fire in him. Demar, Butler and Towns would be a real force in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Nah. You don't trade DeMar for a guy who plays like DeMar. You trade DeMar to change the makeup of the team.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Nah. You don't trade DeMar for a guy who plays like DeMar. You trade DeMar to change the makeup of the team.
                                No, you trade DeMar for younger talent.

The point of getting Wiggins would be to hopefully increase the long-term upside of the team. Idk how i feel about that trade personally but it's an idea.

If you guys think just passing around a few parts, moving DeMar and running this same squad back will get us anywhere you are in for a rude awakening next May. We have talent deficit we do not have superstars until that is rectified we will not win anything. Go look at the past championship teams. Tell me which one you know of that won the title without superstars or overwhelming talent at all 5 positions.

Your basketball can be as pretty and system can be as nice as you fucking want. Without the talent you aren't winning shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X