Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    Lowry is what 31 i think

He has maybe 1 more good season left, Leonard is sooooo gone if Lowry is the best we Pair him with

DeRozan and Kawhi sounds way scary, however, I don't think San Antonio would trade for Lowry tbh given his age
    San Antonio, though, knows how to utilize aging players pretty well, Manu, Tony and Tim had very producted years in their 30's
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat May 12, 2018, 05:58 AM.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• This is one of my big issues with DeMar. Off-ball, he's just not a presence. His entire value is on-ball, on offense. At some point, it's reasonable to ask if he provides enough there to make up for all the other stuff.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

This is one of my big issues with DeMar. Off-ball, he's just not a presence. His entire value is on-ball, on offense. At some point, it's reasonable to ask if he provides enough there to make up for all the other stuff.
        that is downright embarrassing. Demar, can you handle all that disrespect??!

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

This is one of my big issues with DeMar. Off-ball, he's just not a presence. His entire value is on-ball, on offense. At some point, it's reasonable to ask if he provides enough there to make up for all the other stuff.
          Here's the problem. Replacing him with a 3+D guy who can have a similar impact on offense and defense to what DeMar has on offense improves the team. Replacing him with just any "3+D" guy doesn't. The problem is the guys in that first group are quite hard to acquire (they're the most valuable non-superstar players in the league). We have to find a team that 1.) Has one of those players, 2.) is willing to trade them and 3.) values DeMar's skillset very highly.

The teams/players that satisfy these criteria are few and far between. A sign and trade with Philly for Redick and one of their young pieces could be interesting if BC is still enamoured with DeMar. Another team that might fit the bill is Miami with Josh Richardson, if they're looking for a new "D-Wade" although considering they have Wade and Waiters on the books that seems unlikely. Beyond that can't really think of any good/realistic options.

Just trading him for any pseudo-3+D player won't cut it. Like when a bunch of Raptors fans were enamoured with the idea of starting Ross over him. I do think DeMar is a problem, but the solution (in terms of actually fundamentally improving the team) is not an easy one.

So it's either trying to get an elite 3+D wing back for him, or we need to trade DeMar for another scorer type wing who we think is younger and has a higher ceiling (e.g. Wiggins). This also comes with its own set of risks.

This whole conundrum is why I want to just rebuild. I don't see any logical or realistic path to creating a title contender with this core.

Comment

• I wonder if Bucks will be interested. Maybe Derozan for Middleton.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              I wonder if Bucks will be interested. Maybe Derozan for Middleton.
              No chance.

Milwaukee is “stuck” with Giannis, Parker and Bledsoe in their starting 5. That’s 3 non shooters.

Literally no way they give up their one good key player that can shoot for another one that can’t.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                No chance.

Milwaukee is “stuck” with Giannis, Parker and Bledsoe in their starting 5. That’s 3 non shooters.

Literally no way they give up their one good key player that can shoot for another one that can’t.
                This is why I didn't mention them.

Comment

• If we’re looking at a mid-level star that can shoot and play defense that’s reasonably attainable for DeMar, we’re probably looking at Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris, Nic Batum or Will Barton/Wilson Chandler packages.

Personally I’ll pass on any of those trades.

Comment

• I’m using the term “star” very loosely btw.

And yes I’m aware Batum hasn’t really been a good 3 point shooter since 2014.

Comment

• One deal that was suggested Wesley Matthews and first round pick for Derozan. I can get behind that one.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        One deal that was suggested Wesley Matthews and first round pick for Derozan. I can get behind that one.
                        Yikes. No thanks.

He’s 32 and doesn’t really move the needle

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          Yikes. No thanks.

He’s 32 and doesn’t really move the needle
                          Well the main point would be to get the Mavs pick this year.

Granted, can't really see why the Mavs would do that trade. DeRozan doesn't really fit their timeline

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Well the main point would be to get the Mavs pick this year.

Granted, can't really see why the Mavs would do that trade. DeRozan doesn't really fit their timeline
                            Call me crazy but I really wouldn’t want a draft pick for DeMar unless it lands top 3ish.

Haven’t looked enough at the draft rankings yet, but Doncic seems like the only guy I’d be interested in for DeMar.

Comment

• You don't trade DeRozan unless you're going to get a good young player + a 1st. Kinda like what the Bulls got for Butler.

OR

A lottery pick. I'm talking top 3-5.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                You don't trade DeRozan unless you're going to get a good young player + a 1st. Kinda like what the Bulls got for Butler.

OR

A lottery pick. I'm talking top 3-5.
                                Yup.

The problem with our roster is the lack of superstar talent.

That doesn’t get fixed by trading for 3+D players.

Comment

Working...
                                X