Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Glad to hear it. DeMar was only hurting himself by hanging onto that.
    Maybe he will join the Raps again and team up with Kawhi in 2 years when his contract is up.

Comment

• https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...ive-branch/amp Demar to Raps??? Maybe on a buyout at the end of next season?! If he's interested it could happen... And if Kawhi's around he could even teach him defence, and how to win!! Bring back Jonas too and make another runnnnnnn

Comment

• Not really a rumor but:

With rumors recently swirling pertaining to DeMar DeRozan’s potential move away from the San Antonio Spurs, one anonymous executive from the Western Conference has proposed a rather interesting scenario for the 30-year-old.

Imagine DeRozan returning to the Toronto Raptors:
        “It sounds crazy, but Toronto actually makes a lot of sense as a landing spot for DeRozan,” another Western Conference executive said, via Frank Urbina of HoopsHype. “As far as what Toronto is giving up, it would probably have to be a first-round pick plus Serge Ibaka or Marc Gasol.”

The Spurs have had a pretty slow start to the new campaign, and it is becoming clearer by the day that this particular San Antonio side probably does not have what it takes to legitimately challenge for the title this year. The 6-12 record even has people thinking rebuild.
        https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-rum...demar-derozan/

So what do you think, Marc + a first rounder for DD? Would you do it?

Comment

• God no, I've watched DD tank enough playoff runs for my lifetime. I wouldn't trade Marc straight up for DD. Heck, I wouldn't trade Serge straight up for him.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            God no, I've watched DD tank enough playoff runs for my lifetime. I wouldn't trade Marc straight up for DD. Heck, I wouldn't trade Serge straight up for him.
            I wouldn't trade anybody on this team for DD. He doesn't bring anything that's needed.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              God no, I've watched DD tank enough playoff runs for my lifetime. I wouldn't trade Marc straight up for DD. Heck, I wouldn't trade Serge straight up for him.
              The suggestion didn't make much sense to me considering how they're playing without him and what he requires to be productive.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL right now.

Comment

• And they want something in return? The Raps are now a different team ... has no one seen our younger guys developing on the fly? Has DD's defense improved?

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post

I wouldn't trade anybody on this team for DD. He doesn't bring anything that's needed.
                    I don't see a need for what he brings to the dance. Too soft.

Comment

• He's still a good player just really flawed. Could be great off the bench like Lou is for the Clippers. But he makes too much and has too big of an ego. He'd be good with a small market team under the right coach and team expectations. Spurs have a legacy and so huge eyeballs on them (made the playoffs over 20 years in a row).

A team like Detroit, Orlando, Minny, Sacramento, Washington, etc would all be good fits IMO.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I don't see a need for what he brings to the dance. Too soft.
                        And the suggestion that Toronto give up a big for him is even more preposterous. We have enough wings already (that play defense). We don't need to give up 1 of 2 of our extremely valuable bigs for this guy. Somebody needs to put this s*** to rest. Send him to Portland or something.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          He's still a good player just really flawed. Could be great off the bench like Lou is for the Clippers. But he makes too much and has too big of an ego. He'd be good with a small market team under the right coach and team expectations. Spurs have a legacy and so huge eyeballs on them (made the playoffs over 20 years in a row).

A team like Detroit, Orlando, Minny, Sacramento, Washington, etc would all be good fits IMO.
                          The fact that he can't shoot threes will likely limit his FA market to smaller teams. Charlotte has a lot of free dollars this summer but little sense, right?

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post

And the suggestion that Toronto give up a big for him is even more preposterous. We have enough wings already (that play defense). We don't need to give up 1 of 2 of our extremely valuable bigs for this guy. Somebody needs to put this s*** to rest. Send him to Portland or something.
                            But why not just get him on a buy out or something for the playoffs and get Nick Nurse to CALL HIM OUT and send him to the g league until he plays defense and he can show Stanley Johnson how to shoot (but not threes I hope!!) and they can both learn to shoot threes together and we’ll have a GOLDEN STATE DYNASTY for years to come after resigning both for many many years to come

Maybe Rondae could call him out too? Huh I wonder if having DeMar around would be good or bad for Kyle in terms of leading the teammmmmmm

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

But why not just get him on a buy out or something for the playoffs and get Nick Nurse to CALL HIM OUT and send him to the g league until he plays defense and he can show Stanley Johnson how to shoot (but not threes I hope!!) and they can both learn to shoot threes together and we’ll have a GOLDEN STATE DYNASTY for years to come after resigning both for many many years to come

Maybe Rondae could call him out too? Huh I wonder if having DeMar around would be good or bad for Kyle in terms of leading the teammmmmmm
                              Do you think we need Tristan Thompson as well?
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Do you think we need Tristan Thompson as well?
                                I suuuuuure do! How’d ya guess?

Though if you’re suggesting those are two similarly ridiculous opinions that is nooooooot what I mean!

I was mostly joking about the DeMar thing, though it’s kinda cool to imagine him somehow playing defense and being on a good Raps teaaaam

For mr Tristan he actually seems like a perfect fit right now, doesn’t he?!?!????

Is a little younger than Serge, better rebounder, maybe not quite as good a shooter but otherwiseeee

And can even score 35 from time to time! It’s a tough call between him and Serge but it doesn’t seem the craaaaZziest to me! Especially if you like TTTTTTTTTT as a guy going forward! (free agent this summmeerrrr)

Comment

Working...
                                X