Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    I'm not comparing us to the Spurs, I'm pointing out that you can win with several different tactics and play styles. I said as much in my post......
    You can win with almost any offensive scheme if you play good enough defence.

We don't though, so we need to adjust accordingly.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Credit has to go to our new member Barolt for this link

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...ER_TOUCH&dir=1

Demar is second on our team in points per touch (behind only Lucas Nogueira)

Interesting fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Credit has to go to our new member Barolt for this link

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...ER_TOUCH&dir=1

Demar is second on our team in points per touch (behind only Lucas Nogueira)

Interesting fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Like I said in the other thread, was pleasantly surprised by that.(And really disappointed in the disparity between Ross' points per touch and his number of touches. He needs to get the ball more it looks like)

The more I look into advanced stats, the more I feel like it's maybe not that DeMar can't fit into our offense as efficiently as other guys as it's that we don't actually have an offense. I'm really starting to believe that either DeMar or Casey has to go. If we keep Casey, we can't keep DeMar. Casey lets DeMar get away with his bad habits when he goes into Kobe mode.

Tonight against the 76ers all but 3 of our first quarter shots were by Scola, DeMar or Kyle. Then when those 3 sat, we had no offense because noone else was in rhythm. It was a system failure, but it looked like our bench was just playing bad.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Should follow those up with Dan's post in the other thread too.

DanH wrote: View Post
          I guess. But 90%+ of his touches are on the offensive end.

For example, Jonas has 45 touches per game and a 0.28 points per touch. But 24 of those touches are in the backcourt, as a defensive rebounder, or as an outlet on an inbounds. So his points per front court touch are about 0.6. While DeMar's are about 0.4.

DeMar's been doing great but that ratio (points per touch) would be much more meaningful if it a) was in points per front court touch and b) included something about touch time - DD has an average touch time of almost 4 seconds per touch, and outside of Lowry and Joseph who dribble the ball up court most of the time, no one else breaks 2 seconds per touch.
          In addition to JV, other players who's PPT are affected by defensive rebounds/possessions, Carroll sees his PPT jump from .24 to .32

Scola goes from .23 to .37

PPatt goes from .13 to .24

Biyombo goes from .19 to .4

Bebe goes from .35 to .68

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• points per touch is not a very useful stat as it is currently reported. I imagine catch and shoot 3pt threats and guys like Deandre Jordan are leading the league, but nobody would argue they should get more touches IN GENERAL. What you want to do is get more of the same kind of touches for these guys. So, more open catch and shoot 3s, more alley-oops / dump-off passes for layups.

for me points per touch needs to be paired with data on the type of shots being taken. Then you can start to optimize. Think about how the Hawks turned Korver into a major offensive driver on their team.

Comment

• DD should have a pretty strong case for player of the week. Since we went undefeated

#ProveEm
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DeRozan currently on pace for nearly 10 win shares. Which is usually good enough to get you near the top 10 of the league.
                Last edited by JWash; Mon Dec 14, 2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  DD should have a pretty strong case for player of the week. Since we went undefeated

#ProveEm
                  I assume this is a EAST/WEST award and not the whole NBA right?

If so, then yes, good chance he wins for the east. Only other East players who produced in his range had worse team records (Wall, Kemba, Gasol) or didn't have enough games (LeBron).

If it's a league thing, pretty sure it is Durant's. 27/8/6 on nearly 60% shooting, a couple of treys and steals per game. Dude is ballin.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I assume this is a EAST/WEST award and not the whole NBA right?

If so, then yes, good chance he wins for the east. Only other East players who produced in his range had worse team records (Wall, Kemba, Gasol) or didn't have enough games (LeBron).

If it's a league thing, pretty sure it is Durant's. 27/8/6 on nearly 60% shooting, a couple of treys and steals per game. Dude is ballin.
                    Its always a EAST/WEST award
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Its always a EAST/WEST award
                      Cool, then he likely wins.

I don't really pay attention to weekly/monthly awards.

Comment

• Good to see that all that talk about what great work ethic DeMar has is finally bareing fruit. For years I would roll my eyes when I heard this because I wanted to see the proof of it and now I think we all are. If he can keep this up through an entire season I think we can safely look to the future of the team and not have any issue with DD continueing to be a big part of it.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Scoring doesn't happen in a vaccuum Wild-ling.

He scores a lot, but it's about how he does it, and more importantly, how efficiently he does it. DeRozan doesn't do it efficiently at all, which is the problem.
                          This issue was raised on the radio broadcast last night. Paul Jones clearly visits this site and lambasted all those fans that complain about DD's ineffecient scoring. As a defacto employee of MLSE one has to take what Paul Jones or other broadcasters say in context but clearly the issue is well known to media types and staff and DD. Cudos to raptorsrepublic for bring this issue to the forefront. The fact that DD is aware is good in that he can evaluate this criticism of his play and adapt. DD does need to be given credit for trying to improve his scoring efficiency.

Comment

• If MLSE offers to pay me, I will gladly take over for Chr1st1an in the DD fan club.

Until then....

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              This issue was raised on the radio broadcast last night. Paul Jones clearly visits this site and lambasted all those fans that complain about DD's ineffecient scoring. As a defacto employee of MLSE one has to take what Paul Jones or other broadcasters say in context but clearly the issue is well known to media types and staff and DD. Cudos to raptorsrepublic for bring this issue to the forefront. The fact that DD is aware is good in that he can evaluate this criticism of his play and adapt. DD does need to be given credit for trying to improve his scoring efficiency.
                              I'll give him credit for "trying" when one aspect of his scoring skills actually improves. Basically his efficiency has depended entirely on getting more whistles. The kind of thing where situationally he (and everybody) has less control over that then any other aspect of offense. I'll give him credit if he ever learns to shoot and how to function without dominating the ball.

Comment

• i wonder if DD's gonna take off to the lakers to replace kobe next year? kid would head back home and don the shoes of his hero.

Comment

Working...
                                X