Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    I agree that Kobe wasn't efficient. But, when you look at that 2006 season and the load he was carrying, what he did was simply ridiculous.

38.7% Usage rate, .224 WS/48, playing 41 minutes per game, 114 Ortg. The second highest usage rate on the team among players playing more than 1000 minutes was Chris Mihm. He took that team to the playoffs. That's insane from any perspective.
    Not saying that wasn't an amazing season by Kobe, but a lot of other superstars could do the same IF their coached allowed them to dominate the ball. Nobody is questioning Kobe's super-star credentials, which are un-deniable, but Kobe is an average-to-slightly above average "superstar" (lol, if that makes sense). Not a global icon, based on on-court performance. It's extremely rare that a player isn't reigned for such insane usage because usually it's bad for the team and won't work in the playoffs.

But > 35% USG is not unique. Here's another list....

See, even guys like Melo, T-Mac, Iverson can do it if given the opportunity. Those guys aren't "global icons", like Kobe, but they can put up the similar numbers for single seasons. Even Westbrook almost duplicated it last season. But those type of teams rarely do well. The acid test is when the superstar's usage drops, can the efficiency go above 120 ORTG. Kobe has never got anywhere close to that, even with better teammates.

Comment

• I think Kobe's better than you're giving him credit for. His teammates those years between Shaq and Gasol were so bad. But I'll accept the argument. I think the two things that seperated Kobe from a lot of his peers in his early years(Vince, T-Man, AI) is that he kept his peak going longer than those guys, and his dedication to being the best was almost unparalleled. I watched a lot of basketball during Kobe's career and there was a buzz during 2006 where it just felt like Kobe could go off for 50-60+ any given night. Jordan excepted, until Curry's current run I don't remember feeling that about another guy.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Guys ... this is a Demar Derozan thread. I realize he is seen as Kobe Jr. round these parts or something, but c'mon ... take it outside.

Comment

• Demar won Player of the week
          Dec. 7 vs. L.A. Lakers: Scored 16 points and dished out six assists in a 102-93 win over the Lakers.
          Dec. 9 vs. San Antonio: Posted 28 points and six assists in a 97-94 victory over the Spurs.
          Dec. 11 vs. Milwaukee: Notched 27 points in a 90-83 victory over the Bucks.
          Dec. 13 vs. Philadelphia: Scored 25 points and grabbed eight rebounds in a 96-76 win over the 76ers.
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Here's a link to the article.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-rel...an-potw-121415

Comment

• Congrats DeMar! Keep up this play with everyone back for the entire year, and we'll see what kind of noise we can make in the playoffs with you and superstar Lowry. Please don't go back to the player you were last year and most of your career - I like this version.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• First P.O.W. in his career - Can you believe it!

Everyone knows we're battling through injuries. This, and the team's performance, has gotta help his All Star candidacy.
                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Dec 14, 2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Is that NBA player of the week for all of the NBA or just the EC?

Comment

• DeRozan led the Raptors to a 4-0 week, averaging 24.0 points (third in the conference), 5.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.0 steals while shooting 51.7 percent from the field and 91.9 percent from the free throw line. DeRozan matched his career record, scoring 25-or-more points in three consecutive games, and led Toronto with a game-high 28 points against San Antonio on Dec. 9.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/12/14/d..._tw_sf16986582

#ProveEm
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Is that NBA player of the week for all of the NBA or just the EC?
                      Seems to be "Eastern Conference Player of the Week".

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Is that NBA player of the week for all of the NBA or just the EC?
                        EC KD won it for the West. Hopefully those two are on the same team next year.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Nice symmetry.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I know DD doesn't have the prototypical 3-and-D SG game that is in fashion right now, but I think his slashing would be a perfect fit next to KD. Lots of cutting/layups for DD, lots of open looks outside for KD.

But we really need to make the third round to have a shot. I doubt KD will go anywhere less competitive than that.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I know DD doesn't have the prototypical 3-and-D SG game that is in fashion right now, but I think his slashing would be a perfect fit next to KD. Lots of cutting/layups for DD, lots of open looks outside for KD.

But we really need to make the third round to have a shot. I doubt KD will go anywhere less competitive than that.
                              If we added KD and kept Lowry and DeRozan, I'd be really worried that it would destroy JV's development. He already gets barely enough touches. I'd rather keep to 2 high usage guys and let JV become the third. IMO, if we add KD we're better off having a spot up guy who doesn't need high usage in the other wing spot.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Wouldn't we be back to the Lowry-Derozan-Gay spacing / ball-movement issues again? I know Gay isn't Durant, but the question of fit would arise again. That's 80% USG right there with 2 starters left to split 20%. You'd have to seriously consider moving DD to 6th man in that Manu / Harden(OKC) role. Or JV comes off the bench or gets traded for a low USG stretch 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X