Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    How in the heck is that homerism... Idk why it's a crime to you to post anything positive about DD.
    "Homerism" is a term applied to journalists/broadcasters to suggest a lack of impartality, I think. Fans, by contrast, are supposed to be "homers". It's what all the cheering is about, right?

But your numbers weren't skewed and your remarks were well-qualified. Which is important. Because while you may be partial, I don't think you can (fairly) be accused of losing your objectivity. Which is a subtly different thing.

The subtlety might escape some, though. Ah, well ....

Comment

• EXAMPLE(Demar) has The Drive to Avg 25(at least) Points, 7 Rebounds, 7 Assists..

And Be a Great TEAM REPPER

Demar has to get back to Cutting to the Basket when he does not have the Ball, get some easy points that way...

Credit Charlesnba23 28PPG 4APG 4RPG Last 5 Games...

Example showing his Quality

Comment

• Not certain DD can play like this over the next 4 seasons, but...

He's on pace for over 10 win shares this season. If I remember right from DanH's calculation earlier, with a 100M average cap over the next 4 years a player is worth ~2.8M per WS, making DD worth $28M per year (based on win shares only) if he were to play all 328 games over that 4 year span. Since he'd probably miss games (let's say 10 per year) it'd be more like $24.5M, but either way this version of DeRozan is worth a lot of money using WS as a barometer.

Sidenote: TS% edging closer to 55% at 54.8%, ranked 7th in the league in OWS, although this is largely because the Raptors have played more games than most teams.
        Last edited by JWash; Sun Dec 27, 2015, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Someone's gonna want to kill me for this, but DD's impact right now is actually on par with (if not better than) Vince's average (please, please, please take note of this key word guys) impact over his 6.5 years with Toronto.

Vince's Toronto Averages (Per 36 and Advanced):
          22.4ppg
          5.0rpg
          3.7apg
          52.6 TS%
          29.8 USG%
          108 oRTG, 105 dRTG
          21.8 PER
          .151 WS/48

DeRozan 2015-16 (So Far, per 36 and advanced)
          22.3ppg
          4.3rpg
          3.9apg
          54.5 TS%
          28.7 USG%
          110 oRTG, 106 dRTG
          20.7 PER
          .158 WS/48

Now obviously I'm not trying to say DeMar is as good as Vince. Looking at Vince's "Toronto peak" from 1999-2001, DD can't touch those numbers and likely never will, so comparing peak to peak (or even 7 years to 7 years the gap is astronomical) it's not close. However if you're looking at the net average of what Vince gave us over 7 years, DeMar is giving us that right now... Interpret that however you wish but I'm definitely not upset with the way he's playing.
          What really stands out to me about this comp is Vince's TS%. That would be below average shooting efficiency in today's NBA despite him being an above average 3pt shooter at 38.3% while he was with us.

55% TS has always been my best case scenario for DeMar barring a miraculous fix to his 3 point shooting. What we're seeing now is a polished vet playing winning basketball. He may not be perfect but he is making the most of his skillset.

Comment

Not certain DD can play like this over the next 4 seasons, but...

He's on pace for over 10 win shares this season. If I remember right from DanH's calculation earlier, with a 100M average cap over the next 4 years a player is worth ~2.8M per WS, making DD worth $28M per year (based on win shares only) if he were to play all 328 games over that 4 year span. Since he'd probably miss games (let's say 10 per year) it'd be more like $24.5M, but either way this version of DeRozan is worth a lot of money using WS as a barometer.

Sidenote: TS% edging closer to 55% at 54.8%, ranked 7th in the league in OWS, although this is largely because the Raptors have played more games than most teams.
            Anyone still believe he won't get a max offer from someone?

Dude is playing smarter than ever and the results have been good. In a contract year, he is making the most of it.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Can we stop saying "contract year" like DD wouldn't be putting in the same effort any other year. Would of saw the same thing if he never got hurt last year. Started playing this way to close out the season. When he finally got healthy. I try to y'all what was coming this year but, I'm just a DD fan boy. Can we please stop discrediting the man.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Can we stop saying "contract year" like DD wouldn't be putting in the same effort any other year. Would of saw the same thing if he never got hurt last year. Started playing this way to close out the season. When he finally got healthy. I try to y'all what was coming this year but, I'm just a DD fan boy. Can we please stop discrediting the man.
                we can stop saying contract year when he signs a new contract and plays this well

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  we can stop saying contract year when he signs a new contract and plays this well
                  Not like he played this well two years ago right? Not like he played this well when he was finally got heathy last year right? We have no evidence of DD is capable of doing this in a non contract year. Alright gotcha.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Not like he played this well two years ago right? Not like he played this well when he was finally got heathy last year right? We have no evidence of DD is capable of doing this in a non contract year. Alright gotcha.
                    He didn't though. It's not about playing harder but rather playing smarter.

And KHD is right, until he signs a new deal, it is a contract year.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just sounds like another way to discredit DD but, hey proving people wrong is what DD does best!

#ProveEm
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just sounds like another way to discredit DD but, hey proving people wrong is what DD does best!

#ProveEm
                        Or it's accepting reality. It is a contract year. Just like he's from LA and wears #10, a simple fact.

The fact that this is being taken as a negative thing really just proves that it is a real thing in history.

Comment

• I love it though. I hope it is a fact cause that just means DD will go into the summer with another chip on his shoulder. Hopefully your right and majority of people think this way.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just sounds like another way to discredit DD but, hey proving people wrong is what DD does best!

#ProveEm
                            lol.

Coming from the guy who uses the team record to discredit Valanciunas.

Anyway, the contract year is real in this league. Lots of teams have been burned by it.

If we do make the mistake (In my opinion) of maxing Demar, i hope to god I'm wrong about it in this case.

Comment

• I'm not particularly worried about demar putting up 'contract year' numbers. Usually, that's about TRYING harder for a year, or being in better shape, and neither of those apply to demar right now. He's playing better because:

- he's taking better shots - a result of either self realization, or coaching staff getting through.

- his work on his handles is really starting to pay off. When he drives into traffic, he has that extra bit of control that makes the difference between a deflection/turnover and a basket/FTs. Plus, his one handed passes off the dribble -righty or lefty- have become very strong.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                lol.

Coming from the guy who uses the team record to discredit Valanciunas.

Anyway, the contract year is real in this league. Lots of teams have been burned by it.

If we do make the mistake (In my opinion) of maxing Demar, i hope to god I'm wrong about it in this case.
                                Cause people didn't use the record to discredit DD's strong play last year.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X