Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Cause people didn't use the record to discredit DD's strong play last year.
    People used DD's play to discredit DD's play last year. I don't recall the record being brought up except by the "respect the record" crowd.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      People used DD's play to discredit DD's play last year. I don't recall the record being brought up except by the "respect the record" crowd.
      If you just go back a couple pages you'll see. "We were playing 500 ball when DD won player of the month" quotes. Don't have to look hard.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Anyone who's been around very long knows that Chr1s1anL and myself were some of the few who believed that Demar would play like this.

Everyone else seems surprised. Meh. Saw it coming.

#ProveEm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          I'm not particularly worried about demar putting up 'contract year' numbers. Usually, that's about TRYING harder for a year, or being in better shape, and neither of those apply to demar right now. He's playing better because:

- he's taking better shots - a result of either self realization, or coaching staff getting through.

- his work on his handles is really starting to pay off. When he drives into traffic, he has that extra bit of control that makes the difference between a deflection/turnover and a basket/FTs. Plus, his one handed passes off the dribble -righty or lefty- have become very strong.
          It seems like he's become sneakier and very slippery. He navigates through these tight little spaces, whereas previously he would have turned it over or jacked up a low % shot.

special1 wrote: View Post
          Anyone who's been around very long knows that Chr1s1anL and myself were some of the few who believed that Demar would play like this.

#ProveEm

Meh. You call it like you see it. Don't try and act like demar hasn't played some really shitty basketball in the past few season. Obviously I'm going to point it out when he's playing poorly. (or playing well)
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            I said that last year DDs great play didn't lead to more wins. Which was true, last year.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              Anyone who's been around very long knows that Chr1s1anL and myself were some of the few who believed that Demar would play like this.

#ProveEm

DeMar was always capable of this. This wasn't something where other posters thought he was incapable of playing like this. It was his history of playing extremely stupid basketball, taking shots that the defence WANTS you to take. He'd done it consistently over his career until this year, where he's had an epiphany of sorts. There was little faith he would suddenly start playing much smarter.

If you predicted he would reduce his midrange shot attempts dramatically and confine himself to driving the ball and generating inside looks or kicks out to teammates, please present that post and we'll congratulate you for your foresight. But my recollection of most DeMar supporters' arguments were that he was ALREADY playing well (he wasn't) and that he was capable of playing even better WITHOUT fundamentally changing his game (based on this year, he wasn't - it is the fundamental change that has driven his amazing efficiency this year).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                It seems like he's become sneakier and very slippery. He navigates through these tight little spaces, whereas previously he would have turned it over or jacked up a low % shot.

Meh. You call it like you see it. Don't try and act like demar hasn't played some really shitty basketball in the past few season. Obviously I'm going to point it out when he's playing poorly. (or playing well)
                Meh. He played some really great basketball the last few seasons as well....

2013/14 all star

April 2015 player of the month (after missing 22 games with injury). Played excellent in March 2015.

It's pretty dumb to give up on a player like Demar. Funny how so many intelligent posters did exactly that. Just calling it as I see it.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  DeMar was always capable of this. This wasn't something where other posters thought he was incapable of playing like this. It was his history of playing extremely stupid basketball, taking shots that the defence WANTS you to take. He'd done it consistently over his career until this year, where he's had an epiphany of sorts. There was little faith he would suddenly start playing much smarter.

If you predicted he would reduce his midrange shot attempts dramatically and confine himself to driving the ball and generating inside looks or kicks out to teammates, please present that post and we'll congratulate you for your foresight. But my recollection of most DeMar supporters' arguments were that he was ALREADY playing well (he wasn't) and that he was capable of playing even better WITHOUT fundamentally changing his game (based on this year, he wasn't - it is the fundamental change that has driven his amazing efficiency this year).
                  Its called growth. Why wouldn't someone who puts some effort in studying the game figure it out? Also he figured two years ago. Last year he got hurt and took him away to get back in form. Its hard to play his style of basketball when your not heathy. DD's body take so much punishment game in game out.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

As much as I don't want to rehash the previous 700 pages; yeah, this.

Going back in history, only person who I can remember consistently saying that DD needs to change and will (by hope), was Joey.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Its called growth. Why wouldn't someone who puts some effort in studying the game figure it out? Also he figured two years ago. Last year he got hurt and took him away to get back in form. Its hard to play his style of basketball when your not heathy. DD's body take so much punishment game in game out.
                      Very nice. Now if you could find where you argued that DD would eventually cut his midrange attempts down dramatically and just drive (like so many of his detractors begged from him every game), you will get full credit.

Two years ago he played DRAMATICALLY different from how he is playing now. He was not nearly the player he is today, and it is almost entirely because of the decisions he is making and not his skill level.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I always said that he just needs to stop taking/forcing bad shots.

I'm sure there are countless posts where I'm saying this.

The argument has always been that he's incapable of taking better shots (based on 6 years of evidence).

Comment

Your memory of last year, especially, is truly unique.

Two years ago he didn't figure it out, he simply hit more tough shots.

This year he finally seems to have learned when to shoot. But we can't try and enjoy that because we got people trying to re-write history to make it as if nothing had changed. For being a Demar supporter, you are really downplaying the most impressive thing he's ever done in his career.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Or it's accepting reality. It is a contract year. Just like he's from LA and wears #10, a simple fact.

The fact that this is being taken as a negative thing really just proves that it is a real thing in history.
                            Just because something is a fact doesn't mean it needs to be stated and re-stated and it doesn't mean that it lacks negative connotation.

To me it reads like a code-word with intent. Maybe that's not the case but that's how it reads and I think that's what CHristian isn't happy with.

Reminds me a lot of the "former all-star" thing that was only intended to highlight that he had lost his all-star status or whatever.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              I always said that he just needs to stop taking/forcing bad shots.

I'm sure there are countless posts where I'm saying this.

The argument has always been that he's incapable of taking better shots (based on 6 years of evidence).

Has that been the argument? Has anyone ever said (please don't quote Snooch) that he is incapable of change? People simply weren't willing to bet on it considering the evidence. Surely even you must admit that this DeRozan this year is drastically different than last year, to a surprising degree.

And full credit for belief in DeMar being able to change his ways. But to be fair, the difference between you and his detractors comes down to only that belief if what you are saying is true. If you were consistent in your criticism of his bad shots then you were no different than I, except that you saw them disappearing, and that's very impressive. So long as you were not among the several posters who would laugh it up after a game where he hit a bunch of tough shots as though it were some sort of proof of improvement. Because as we are seeing, the true improvement has come from avoiding those shots entirely, which is the main thrust of the arguments his detractors have been making for years.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Very nice. Now if you could find where you argued that DD would eventually cut his midrange attempts down dramatically and just drive (like so many of his detractors begged from him every game), you will get full credit.

Two years ago he played DRAMATICALLY different from how he is playing now. He was not nearly the player he is today, and it is almost entirely because of the decisions he is making and not his skill level.
                                All summer I said that DD would go back to his 13-14 form. If he was heathy.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X