Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Gotta say this thread is so sad.

This is very similar to start of season. He played great for 4 of first 5 games. At which time hell broke loose. For the record I was one who admitted I was very much wrong in DeRozan being incapable of changing the way he played. He then reverted for a bit but the last 10 games has been out of this world. But what seems to always be lost is his current style of play is what was always asked for by his biggest 'haters'.

I believe the reason why the so many settlers of the District are not getting their mad props is because they never once criticized the way he played - just a never ending string of excuses why he play was not his fault and why his play was actually good (which it wasn't once one elevates oneself beyond simple statistics such as PPG).

But anyways, truly sad overall display which is tainting what should be a joyous occasion during a joyous time of year no less.
    Maybe not referring to derozan supporters as the district would be helpful? Idk about everyone else but I find it offensive being labelled and lumped into a group which belongs on a spectrum and isn't black or white.

I have a feeling it would not go over well if I referred to the non supporters as De-Axis of Evil.... Lol there's a huge difference between for example a guy like calgaryrapsfan and snooch on that "side".

Trying to turn this into some political binary discussion just kills it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      The thing is I'm not the one whose surprised. You guys are. I never doubted he couple do this. His shown time before in stretches that he could do this but he couldn't do this consistently.

You know why? Cause he wasn't good enough yet to do it consistently. His handle wasn't tight enough. He wasn't physically strong enough. He was inexperience. The thing is I didn't doubt that he wouldn't put in the work to get better at all those things. You guys doubted his work ethic.
      You are essentially trolling at this point.

None of those things are as big a factor for his improved play as his improved choices on the court, which has nothing to do with work ethic.

So while you have self professed Demar "haters" trying to give him credit, you are ruining it with your blatant disregard for what actually happened and your pathetic attempts to try and claim vindication. Seriously. Move on.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        I have a feeling it would not go over well if I referred to the non supporters as De-Axis of Evil.... Lol there's a huge difference between for example a guy like calgaryrapsfan and snooch on that "side".
        We've been called much worse over the years, but yes, agreed. Let's keep the groupings out of it.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Maybe not referring to derozan supporters as the district would be helpful? Idk about everyone else but I find it offensive being labelled and lumped into a group which belongs on a spectrum and isn't black or white.

I honestly think you're both making fair points. I was reluctant to say anything, though ... but there have been a few more "I told you so!"'s than might be helpful. Seems they do get people's backs up - perhaps especially when at all (reasonably/fairly) accurate (somehow) ...

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            We've been called much worse over the years, but yes, agreed. Let's keep the groupings out of it.
            From what I've seen the name calling has gone both ways let's just avoid it, it's pointless and frankly pisses people off for no reason. Not everybody who likes derozan is some fanboy who squeals like a 12 year old girl when he touches the ball.. And not everyone who dislikes him wants to set the dudes house on fire.

Comment

None of those things are as big a factor for his improved play as his improved choices on the court, which has nothing to do with work ethic.

So while you have self professed Demar "haters" trying to give him credit, you are ruining it with your blatant disregard for what actually happened and your pathetic attempts to try and claim vindication. Seriously. Move on.
              DeRozan wasn't capable of playing like this consistently before. His handle is on another level this year. He knows where the double teams are coming from. Where his teammates are going to be
              That comes from watching a lot of film consistently. Also he wasn't physical strong enough to take the beating his body is taking every night.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think some of it does come down to derozan getting better though. The way he's slicing through defenses is something we haven't really seen before from him. I think more of the improvement can be attributed to smarter decision making but being more comfortable with his improved handle and strength is definitely playing a role as well.

The game looks easier for him now than it has in the past and a lot less forced.

Last edited by JWash; Sun Dec 27, 2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

From what I've seen the name calling has gone both ways let's just avoid it, it's pointless and frankly pisses people off for no reason. Not everybody who likes derozan is some fanboy who squeals like a 12 year old girl when he touches the ball.. And not everyone who dislikes him wants to set the dudes house on fire.
                  Very true.

Comment

DeRozan wasn't capable of playing like this consistently before.
                    That's odd because you've been telling us for years that he could.

Comment

• Also cause of that hard work he putting in the summer. His confidence level is at an all time high.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's odd because you've been telling us for years that he could.
                        Exactly.

Could and IS ain't the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You're not one of the District. Weren't you talking about trading him about 2 weeks ago?

Snooch is very much set in his ways and views (more power to him) but CRF has always had a well reasoned and factual view of DD.

Let's not lose sight that DD has greatly changed how he is playing thereby negating a lot of the criticism - at least mine.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            Exactly.

Could and IS ain't the same.
                            Lol semantics mate.

I'll take years of Chr1st1an's posts as evidence A to that.

Comment

DeRozan wasn't capable of playing like this consistently before. His handle is on another level this year. He knows where the double teams are coming from. Where his teammates are going to be
                              That comes from watching a lot of film consistently. Also he wasn't physical strong enough to take the beating his body is taking every night.
                              I agree with the bold. I think a big reason that he's taking less of the mid-range shots this year is that his handle is better, and he feels more confident about going into the teeth of the defence with it. He simply didn't have that ability in years past.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                I agree with the bold. I think a big reason that he's taking less of the mid-range shots this year is that his handle is better, and he feels more confident about going into the teeth of the defence with it. He simply didn't have that ability in years past.
                                Yeah I think this in combination with smarter decision is what's making the bulk of the difference.

Derozan had a pretty subpar handle pre 2013-14. Put work on it and I think the increased comfort level and improvement to it has made slashing easier for him. Less willing to settle because he knows he can weave his way through the defense more.

Comment

Working...
                                X