Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    TheScore doing their usually clickbait BS "DeMar DeRozan likely to opt out of contract".... how about explaining WHY he's doing that and not just trying to make it seem like he's on his way out? Reporting is such a sham sometimes.
    lol i just got the notification on my phone and was expecting to find a quote or something in this thread. So they just picked a random time to announce a blatantly obvious thing? Slow news day.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      lol i just got the notification on my phone and was expecting to find a quote or something in this thread. So they just picked a random time to announce a blatantly obvious thing? Slow news day.
      I got the same notification lol.

Comment

I got the same notification lol.
        I too got the notification and thought; this is news?
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• What I'm finding interesting is that despite his good month, opinions of DeMar around league fanbases aren't actually that high. Check Brooklyn and Laker fansites, fans of those teams don't list DeMar as one of their most desired free agent targets. You could interpret this as they don't see enough of him, or it could be that we're all in the Canadian sports media bubble where DeMar's game is overvalued. I'm honestly not sure which.

I'd love to keep DeMar at $20 million, still at best lukewarm on the max.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            I too got the notification and thought; this is news?
            It's based off an article from the NY Post where they quote a source that DD will opt out but is loyal to the Raptors and has been treated well, so is an unlikely target for the Nets. It was just a topical article because the Raps were in town and BKN writers have nothing to write about basketball wise. Unfortunately the Score aggregation (and original article) was a little lacklustre on the explanation of why DD would opt out.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              What I'm finding interesting is that despite his good month, opinions of DeMar around league fanbases aren't actually that high. Check Brooklyn and Laker fansites, fans of those teams don't list DeMar as one of their most desired free agent targets. You could interpret this as they don't see enough of him, or it could be that we're all in the Canadian sports media bubble where DeMar's game is overvalued. I'm honestly not sure which.

I'd love to keep DeMar at $20 million, still at best lukewarm on the max.
              The forever knock on him is that he's a shooting guard who can't shoot - shooting meaning 3's. He's also not a lockdown defender like Jimmy Butler or Klay.

Is the media (Toronto) in particular trying to stir up some shit? The Tim and Sid one where they went off on Casey, Demar and Lowry - even calling Demar the new Rudy Gay. When I thought the player Casey was calling out regarding touches was JV.

Comment

TheScore doing their usually clickbait BS "DeMar DeRozan likely to opt out of contract".... how about explaining WHY he's doing that and not just trying to make it seem like he's on his way out? Reporting is such a sham sometimes.
                Isn't he though? Click the link to read the story and find out why...

Obviously click-bait, but it's 100% accurate and relevant, so I'm not sure what makes it a 'sham', aside from your own preconceived notions about what you think they're inferring.

Comment

• 2KJ wrote: View Post
                  The forever knock on him is that he's a shooting guard who can't shoot - shooting meaning 3's. He's also not a lockdown defender like Jimmy Butler or Klay.

Is the media (Toronto) in particular trying to stir up some shit? The Tim and Sid one where they went off on Casey, Demar and Lowry - even calling Demar the new Rudy Gay. When I thought the player Casey was calling out regarding touches was JV.
                  Klay isn't a lockdown defender. He's really not much better than DeMar on that end if at all, the only advantage being that he's quicker so he can guard PGs so Curry doesn't have to.

Comment

Klay isn't a lockdown defender. He's really not much better than DeMar on that end if at all, the only advantage being that he's quicker so he can guard PGs so Curry doesn't have to.
                    but Klay is lights out on 3s....

Comment

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/202691/tracking/defense/

Defensive FG%-wise, Klay is better than DeMar. Defending three pointers, which is the most 'on-an-island' perimeter defenders get, is where DeMar struggles most, giving up +7% over guys' season averages. At this same distance, Klay gives up -7% against season average. There's a 14% difference between what guys shoot on 3s guarded by Klay vs. DeMar.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Defensive FG%-wise, Klay is better than DeMar. Defending three pointers, which is the most 'on-an-island' perimeter defenders get, is where DeMar struggles most, giving up +7% over guys' season averages. At this same distance, Klay gives up -7% against season average. There's a 14% difference between what guys shoot on 3s guarded by Klay vs. DeMar.
                        meh

... and Jimmy Butler's differential is +3.4, making the difference between him and Klay T 10. Does that mean Klay T is a much better defender than Butler?
                        ... and JJ's differential is + 5.7. Does that mean he's much worse than Klay, and close to DeMar defensively, and even worse than Harden?

Comment

Could this be affected by the systems employed? I haven't really looked at GSW's defence, so I'm curious. One thing I have noticed, is that the Raps seem comfortable packing the paint, and are susceptible to that cross court pass for a 3. You have no idea how many times I've sworn on Demar for "cheating" in the paint, while he was guarding a 3pt shooter on the weakside. Even if he closed out well, one or two more passes usually resulted in a clean look. I'm not sure if this is a Demar thing, or a Raps thing, but it bugs me. I just don't see the value of weakside defenders cheating towards the paint. Does it really deter penetration?

Comment

• DRPM has Klay and DeMar with very similar numbers this season and each of the 2 seasons prior.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Did you here the Tim and Sid rant a month or so ago? They were slamming MU for not extending Demar. If it could have been done, it should have been done they said, or something like that. I love me some Tim and Sid, so I was thoroughly disappointed that these guys, who I think are big basketball fans, did not understand the situation fully. They really did not understand that it made 0 sense for Demar to sign an extension. I expected more from those guys.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Could this be affected by the systems employed? I haven't really looked at GSW's defence, so I'm curious. One thing I have noticed, is that the Raps seem comfortable packing the paint, and are susceptible to that cross court pass for a 3. You have no idea how many times I've sworn on Demar for "cheating" in the paint, while he was guarding a 3pt shooter on the weakside. Even if he closed out well, one or two more passes usually resulted in a clean look. I'm not sure if this is a Demar thing, or a Raps thing, but it bugs me. I just don't see the value of weakside defenders cheating towards the paint. Does it really deter penetration?
                                This doesn't really answer your question, and the story itself is about the Clips, but there are a couple of charts that show us bottom 10 in Closeout Contest Frequency and Closeout Open Frequency. We do have some interesting neighbours on those charts however.

http://www1.vantagesports.com/Articl...wLph8AAAC8UYVF
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X