Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Yes it is a different issue so it's not relevant here.

What you described is a case where Player A is covering more distance AND has a higher average speed than Player B. We're talking about DeRozan covering more distance and having a lower average speed than the players he's being compared to.
    The average speed calculation on nba.com includes time spent standing still, so any time you aren't moving at all lowers your average speed.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Ugh I'm out of this convo now. I did college physics 3 years ago I'd like to be done with it now.

DD is moving out there, a good amount, end of story.

Comment

Ugh I'm out of this convo now. I did college physics 3 years ago I'd like to be done with it now.

DD is moving out there, a good amount, end of story.
        there is only 3 factors to describe motion - area, speed and time

Comment

• Honestly I wish the author left out that fucking tidbit now. It wouldn't change a goddamn thing about his piece lol

I'm going to go tell him that.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Great game for Demar vs. The Wiz tonight

35 points on 11/24 fg

12/13 from ft

8 rebounds
            1 assist
            1 steal
            1 blk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              Honestly I wish the author left out that fucking tidbit now. It wouldn't change a goddamn thing about his piece lol

I'm going to go tell him that.
              You're right, and 90% of his article I agreed with.(said as much a few times now) DeMar is really good driving to the hoop and posting up. That one stat just annoyed me because it bothers me when professional writers misuse statistics badly.

Comment

Exactly......... Although it's not that simple because there's acceleration and deceleration on a court, but for argument's sake let's pretend it is.

If speed is equal to distance travelled/time.

Then that means time is proportional to distance/speed. So if someone is covering MORE DISTANCE, but moving at a LOWER SPEED. What does that do to the ratio? It increases it, meaning that DeRozan is spending MORE TIME in motion, meaning that he is in more constant motion than the players he's being compared to.

Done.
                This sounds like a physics professor trying to explain the laws of physics..lol.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  You're right, and 90% of his article I agreed with.(said as much a few times now) DeMar is really good driving to the hoop and posting up. That one stat just annoyed me because it bothers me when professional writers misuse statistics badly.
                  And you still don't acknowledge that he makes a constant effort to be in motion on offense but ok lol. So done with that discussion.

Comment

• Somebody posted this on RealGM lol, think DD needs a new P.R. guy.

Comment

• Hahaha shit..

Comment

• Cute

Comment

And you still don't acknowledge that he makes a constant effort to be in motion on offense but ok lol. So done with that discussion.
                          I never questioned that premise. I really didn't, check my posts. I just said that the stat that the argument was based on was horribly flawed.

Comment

Somebody posted this on RealGM lol, think DD needs a new P.R. guy.
                            Jesus. Someone should tell him to keep that shit private. It was a great game, but be a professional.

EDIT: Ah, fake tweet, my bad.

Comment

Somebody posted this on RealGM lol, think DD needs a new P.R. guy.
                              Haha

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• There is no way Demar wrote that. Are you guys sure? He must have deleted it right away. But he knows someone would screencap it in time.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X