Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    http://www.austinclemens.com/shotcharts/#players

Pull up DeMar on there. He's good from the right elbow at midrange. All his other percentages are 34-39%.
    Oddly enough; he's shooting better from 3 than he is from the midrange [of course, vastly different sample sizes for both].
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      Oddly enough; he's shooting better from 3 than he is from the midrange [of course, vastly different sample sizes for both].
      Well, his threes are all simple catch and shoot attempts. His midrange is usually a stepback or a spinning fadeaway attempt.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        What I was surprised by is that I figured his paint percentage would be better, to be honest.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Everyone who thinks that DeMar's defense isn't a problem needs to read the Gavin McPherson article on the front page today...

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...ise-reduction/

Comment

Everyone who thinks that DeMar's defense isn't a problem needs to read the Gavin McPherson article on the front page today...

So what's the solution?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              So what's the solution?
              Realistically? DeMar just needs to focus more on defense, and be held accountable when he's bad.

Comment

Realistically? DeMar just needs to focus more on defense, and be held accountable when he's bad.
                Held accountable how?

Comment

Held accountable how?
                  Hard question. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to him being benched when it's REALLY bad, but I know that's not going to happen.

With Casey as the coach, expecting accountability for DeMar is unrealistic.

Comment

Hard question. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to him being benched when it's REALLY bad, but I know that's not going to happen.

With Casey as the coach, expecting accountability for DeMar is unrealistic.
                    Well I agree that's not happening any time soon at least.

Personally I think DeRozan's defense will pick back up when Carroll gets back in the lineup.

Comment

Well I agree that's not happening any time soon at least.

Personally I think DeRozan's defense will pick back up when Carroll gets back in the lineup.
                      Why do you expect that? We aren't talking about the team defense overall, we're talking about DeMar's personal defense.

Does he feel more motivated to play defense when Carroll's on the floor? I'm not sure I understand why his defense would get better when Carroll is back.

Comment

• Some players are just not good defenders. You are not gonna ask Lowry to grow 6 inches right?
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Why do you expect that? We aren't talking about the team defense overall, we're talking about DeMar's personal defense.

Does he feel more motivated to play defense when Carroll's on the floor? I'm not sure I understand why his defense would get better when Carroll is back.
                          Carroll's a better defender than JJ and that should help everyone out defensively when he's playing with them.

Comment

Everyone who thinks that DeMar's defense isn't a problem needs to read the Gavin McPherson article on the front page today...

I laughed at the title of that article. I'm not sure using things like on/off stats and WOWY numbers is 'reducing the noise' but to each their own. His observations of the players' defensive shortcomings is far more insightful than the rest of it.

Comment

• Just realized this thread just recently passed 1,000,000 views! Thats insane!!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Just realized this thread just recently passed 1,000,000 views! Thats insane!!
                                1 million views divided by 17 members, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X