No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no doubt that if Demar goes to the Lakers, he'd make a ton of money in endorsements, get a ton of media attention, and become a star. He has been fairly outspoken about being loyal to Toronto. Let's see if the bright lights, the prospect of playing at home, and $$$ changes his mind. I think it can go either way.

Comment

• So he can become a bigger celebrity or he can win some more basketball games. And I don't buy that living in LA will suddenly make him a "star", whatever that means. Will he get the least favourable role and have to wear a wig in some ensemble TV ad? Yippee sign me up.

He's no Blake Griffin and he doesn't have a unique look/brand like a bearded James Harden. I guess he does have that bump on his face, maybe they can market that.

Anyway, sure he can make more from his new deal with Nike if he's in LA. but I doubt he'll get a $100M shoe deal or anything close to it. If he goes somewhere solely on the basis of maximizing his income I'd be surprised.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Not so much about going somewhere to maximize his income as it dispelling the notion that Toronto has leverage by being able to offer him more money.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• They do have leverage. Even if he wanted to go elsewhere why wouldn't he want to work with the Raptors to ensure he gets the maximum contract? If he's all about money then why not get the max deal and the max endorsements?

Comment

• Read both of my posts.
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              So he can become a bigger celebrity or he can win some more basketball games. And I don't buy that living in LA will suddenly make him a "star", whatever that means. Will he get the least favourable role and have to wear a wig in some ensemble TV ad? Yippee sign me up.

He's no Blake Griffin and he doesn't have a unique look/brand like a bearded James Harden. I guess he does have that bump on his face, maybe they can market that.

Anyway, sure he can make more from his new deal with Nike if he's in LA. but I doubt he'll get a $100M shoe deal or anything close to it. If he goes somewhere solely on the basis of maximizing his income I'd be surprised.
              I strictly mean he'll become a bigger celebrity based on being in LA. I don't know what other definition of star there is. I travel to the US a lot and inherently watch a lot of ESPN. They pimp out Cleveland, OKC, Miami, LA, and New York like crazy. They break down D'Angelo Russell in detail on their shows. Imagine if they had someone who was actually an All-Star...

Comment

• Another thing mentioned in that pod is how the Lakers can pitch him on the idea of being the heir to Kobe. Considering he grew up idolizing him, you'd figure that would have a little pull. It'll be interesting to watch this play out.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• 8 games remaining. DeRozan is just 90 points back from surpassing Vince Carter for 2nd on the Raptors All Time Scoring list. Can he do it?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Another thing mentioned in that pod is how the Lakers can pitch him on the idea of being the heir to Kobe. Considering he grew up idolizing him, you'd figure that would have a little pull. It'll be interesting to watch this play out.
                    I'd be shocked if he goes to the Lakers. That franchise is in serious trouble. No Kobe, no Phil Jackson. Dr. Buss is gone.

I'm also not a fan of any of their young players at all. Randle to me is Michael Beasley without a jump shot. I'm not a fan of his game at all. Clarkson to me is more of a 6th man. Russell is a talent. But this Nick Young thing will hunt him forever. Can he recover from it? and if you're a UFA, like DeRozan or Horford or KD, would you really want to play alongside a guy like Russell?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      8 games remaining. DeRozan is just 90 points back from surpassing Vince Carter for 2nd on the Raptors All Time Scoring list. Can he do it?
                      Should be a cakewalk for DeMar.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Should be a cakewalk for DeMar.
                        Youre assuming no missed games.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Nah, just like, missing only a few games. Even if he plays 5, 90 points in 5 games is pretty meh for DeMar. If he only plays 4 or plays very reduced minutes it gets interesting but I don't see either happening.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            Nah, just like, missing only a few games. Even if he plays 5, 90 points in 5 games is pretty meh for DeMar. If he only plays 4 or plays very reduced minutes it gets interesting but I don't see either happening.
                            He averaged 25.5 ppg in March. Should be able to get the next 90 pretty easily.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 45% from 3 over the last 10 games.

34.6% from 3 on the Season.

Does the opposition now have to at least respect his shot?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                45% from 3 over the last 10 games.

34.6% from 3 on the Season.

Does the opposition now have to at least respect his shot?
                                He's making 0.6 per game on the season.

Quantity matters almost as much as quality in terms of gravity.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X