Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    so...I was one of the latest here to buy in on DeRozan being one of our main guys going forward. Even though he is facing an all star, I don't see other "all stars" getting shut down the way he has. Can he recover? Perhaps, but I officially have one foot off the bandwagon
    7/33
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      7/33
      To be fair...someone on the Mavs sold their soul for that.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        To be fair...someone on the Mavs sold their soul for that.
        Cuban can afford it.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I was thinking longer term than just this round of the playoffs.
          This seems very reactionary.

His value can't be judged by playoffs alone and especially when it's only been 2 games so far. It's a bad match up for him against George, but I think he's going to have a better performance as the series goes on.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            7/33
            IMO that is more of just a terrible night, he missed open shots too. Game 1 he had 23 points on 47% FG, Game 2, had a terrible game.

KD has tied Jordan's record for most misses in a Playoff game though.

Comment

• Coming off a couple days rest, I expect George to log heavy minutes in Game three. The problem with DeMar's match up with George is that George can guard him one on one. Enough to bother the jump shot, enough to stay in front of him to prevent the drive. If DeMar can't shoot, drive, or draw a double team, he's effectively useless.

Comment

• For context on the 'other guys don't get shut down like this'.

Here's the list of guys, ever, in the playoffs who took 30+ shots, had 25%+ usage and had lower than 30% eFG.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...t=&order_by=ws

That's right, no one. But DeMar does so far this year.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  so...I was one of the latest here to buy in on DeRozan being one of our main guys going forward. Even though he is facing an all star, I don't see other "all stars" getting shut down the way he has. Can he recover? Perhaps, but I officially have one foot off the bandwagon
                  Last Night's Games:

Durant: 7-33
                  Westbrook: 8-22
                  Dirk: 7-19
                  Harden: 7-19
                  K. Thompson: 8-20
                  D. Green: 4-12

It's almost like scoring in the playoffs is hard or something. DD has an all-world defender on him and he's the focus of the Pacers' defence. He has been good to very good to excellent all season for Toronto and he will bounce back.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Last Night's Games:

It's almost like scoring in the playoffs is hard or something. DD has an all-world defender on him and he's the focus of the Pacers' defence. He has been good to very good to excellent all season for Toronto and he will bounce back.
                    the scoring drought is going to happen. I'm concerned about a lack of assists, steals, defense and rebounding. I've always said if you can't score the other four better be on point. At no time should an all star be benched in the fourth.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Last Night's Games:

You don't necessarily need to shoot well to play well as there are other ways to benefit your team (assists, rebounds, defense, etc) as basketball is not an individual sport.

There are a lot of aspects of the game not captured in box scores (like my favourite not-really-a-stat-I-think the hockey assist). Demar's problem is he's not providing anything right now.

We don't need him to shoot well (although it would definitely help a lot); we need him to play well.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        You don't necessarily need to shoot well to play well as there are other ways to benefit your team (assists, rebounds, defense, etc) as basketball is not an individual sport.

There are a lot of aspects of the game not captured in box scores (like my favourite not-really-a-stat-I-think the hockey assist). Demar's problem is he's not providing anything right now.

We don't need him to shoot well (although it would definitely help a lot); we need him to play well.
                        Sure, fair enough. He's not playing well and I'm certainly not disputing that but, at the same time, a lot of the reaction around here and elsewhere to two games is way over the top.

Comment

• Want to commend DD for being such a great teammate. Your time will come. I know you were probably in the gym late last night.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Want to commend DD for being such a great teammate. Your time will come. I know you were probably in the gym late last night.
                            Now you're just trolling.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Want to commend DD for being such a great teammate. Your time will come. I know you were probably in the gym late last night.
                              I just talked to DeRozan. He said, "thanks Chr1s1anL. You're the lone bright spot that wakes me up every morning".

It's a good thing he knows how you feel about him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Now you're just trolling.
                                Dd went to the coaching staff and said keep those guys out there. DD is a winner. He will do what ever it takes to win.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X