No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'll come on strong down the stretch, like always.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I just talked to DeRozan. He said, "thanks Chr1s1anL. You're the lone bright spot that wakes me up every morning".

It's a good thing he knows how you feel about him.
      Can you ask him for his new number? He must of changed it.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Sure, fair enough. He's not playing well and I'm certainly not disputing that but, at the same time, a lot of the reaction around here and elsewhere to two games is way over the top.
        With regards to the bold, I disagree.

The problem, and the cause for the reaction, is due to the fact that so far in the playoffs DeRozan has fallen into his old habits. He's forcing his own game, without contributing anything else positive to the team (ie: defense, rebounding, facilitating - assists). This is 'bad DeRozan' that even lukewarm supporters were excited to see replaced by 'good DeRozan' this season.

'Bad DeRozan' plays a style of basketball that is easily shut down in the playoffs, as evidenced from the past two seasons.

The fact that DeRozan is a pending free agent, who the team is looking to invest upwards of $25M+ annually in, only adds fuel to the fire for this discussion. Most of DeRozan's harshest critics accept that a max contract would be good asset management (at the very least) for 'good DeRozan', but the same definitely can't be said for 'bad DeRozan', who at $25M+ arguably becomes expendable with the improvement of Ross and the emergence of Powell.

With two terrible performances and a couple off-days ahead, it's a perfect storm of issues and storylines to make DeRozan a lightning-rod for debate.

Here's hoping he comes out in game 3 and plays an aggressive, team-first game, since that would ironically benefit him individually as much as it would benefit the team.
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Apr 19, 2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Can you ask him for his new number? He must of changed it.
          No problem. It's 911-557-6389

Comment

No problem. It's 911-557-6389
            Good looking out.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I am concerned for DeMar DeRozan. Love him or hate him, the Raptors can't expect a deep playoff run with one of their two All-Stars playing like this.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Dd went to the coaching staff and said keep those guys out there. DD is a winner. He will do what ever it takes to win.
                Except play defence, move the ball, rebound and take good shots :P

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Sure, fair enough. He's not playing well and I'm certainly not disputing that but, at the same time, a lot of the reaction around here and elsewhere to two games is way over the top.
                  After the way people reacted after losing game 1. I'm not that surprised.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I am concerned for DeMar DeRozan. Love him or hate him, the Raptors can't expect a deep playoff run with one of their two All-Stars playing like this.
                    It's not that he's playing sub-par. It's that he's playing like he's never played basketball before. And his plan to break out of the funk, is to play right into Indiana's hands and force more shots.

It's surreal to watch such god-awful decision making.

Comment

It's not that he's playing sub-par. It's that he's playing like he's never played basketball before. And his idea to break out of the funk, is to play right into Indiana's hands and force more shots.

It's surreal to watch such god-awful decision making.
                      The quote after game 1 about he'd take all those shots again scared me, and then he took all those shots again in game 2.

He doesn't see the problem, and that's the problem.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Dd went to the coaching staff and said keep those guys out there. DD is a winner. He will do what ever it takes to win.
                        Good for him, he should stay on the bench for Game 3 then.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          The quote after game 1 about he'd take all those shots again scared me, and then he took all those shots again in game 2.

He doesn't see the problem, and that's the problem.
                          Our only saving grace is that Casey is starting to see the problem.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            He'll come on strong down the stretch, like always.
                            Yeah, he will. His too good of a player.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Durant went 7/33 last night. Worse in shot clock era in the playoffs. I don't see the OKC fan base turning on him. The fact that the DD hate was trending on Twitter is embarrassing. What do you guys think Durant thought when he saw that last night?

All scorers will struggle in the playoffs at some point.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Durant went 7/33 last night. Worse in shot clock era in the playoffs. I don't see the OKC fan base turning on him. The fact that the DD hate was trending on Twitter. Is embarrassing. What do you guys think Durant thought when he saw that last night?

All scorers will struggle in the playoffs at some point.
                                You know what the difference is? KD is a superstar, he has shown time and time again in the Playoffs what he can do, he even played at least decent in Game 1. DD shit the bed in Game 1 and in Game 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X