X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Well he doesn’t need to post up to score. JV scoring could be as a result of ball movement and guard penetration.
    Yeah, I would think there would be more PnR action. Wright and FVV would need to work on their pull up game.

Could also run some more high post options, with cutters and off-ball screen play to try to get some easy offence.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I think you could integrate OG more into the offence and that is something I would like to see as well. Not sure how they would get JV more shots without changing the offence though. They want to maintain or quicken the pace and not slow it down.
    Well he doesn’t need to post up to score. JV scoring could be as a result of ball movement and guard penetration.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    I think you could integrate OG more into the offence and that is something I would like to see as well. Not sure how they would get JV more shots without changing the offence though. They want to maintain or quicken the pace and not slow it down.
    Quickening the offense can take multiple forms, and they aren't all just 'run fast break'. Being decisive is one way that can make JV better, and quicken the offense. You go into your sets immediately, and keep motion going off-ball as well, to create holes in the defense. The Raptors weren't good at that this year.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    JV and OG will be the 2 who take on most or the usage I’d say. Its long overdue for JV I think, and might as well throw OG into the fire.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    That would mean trading DeMar for another high usage player I think. The team is built around DeMar so moving him means you have to replace a fair bit of what he does. I love the idea spreading shots around, but there can't be a complete balance in usage unless everyone in your rotation are similar in talent level. We know that isn't the case.
    The whole point of moving DeMar would be to not replace him with a high usage player.

You can have an imbalanced usage lineup with low-mid 20's usage rates topping each lineup. You don't need a ~30% usage guy to make the offence work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X