2011-2012 rookie of the year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011-2012 rookie of the year ?

Based on team needs and draft order... Which player would make the best impact on their team to be ROY... Remember Brandon Roy was the best ready NBA player in a weak draft and still went a 6 over all...

Rubio is my choice. He's going to get big time minutes on a lotto team.

Comment

I have to go with Rubio as well. He seems like the best player especially in a weaker draft.
      Weak draft + Strong Player + Bad team = Winner

Comment

I don't think Rubio will have the "numbers" to be ROY. I don't know that he will score more than 10 ppg, I think he can add 7 dimes and 1.5 steals, but not enough to win it. That being said I am not sure who I would pick, I say Marcus Morris if he goes to the Suns. He would make up a 4 man rotation of bigs with Gortat, Frye and Lopezand he could see a little time at the with his shooting ability and overall mobility.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Burksy
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bismack Biyombo if he averages 5bpg. Otherwise, I dunno.

Comment

switching my pick to kemba. hes going to drop and hit the league with a vengeance.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've gotta go with Greg Oden. The guy will be a beast if he's healthy! Who cares if he was drafted 4 years ago...

Comment

Rubio. Did anyone watch his first press conference with the Timberwolves. Very classy and mature, and also seems like a nice guy who is very sociable and will jell well. One of the things which really stuck in my head from the conference was how he answered a pretty tough question.

A guy asked him something about his stats in the Euroleague and how they weren't really all that great. And something about what it meant in his development as a player and if he regressed. And he responded by saying: Although my stats went down and weren't all that great, I did a lot of things which don't appear on the stat line. A pass which leads to an assist, a tipped pass, etc... Also, my team Barcelona won everything last year, and ultimately this is a team sport and the goal is to win. If I wanted to get stats and win solo trophies I'd play tennis. Rubio got a huge ovation from every reporter.

He said a lot of things in the conference which really impressed me. Also the dude had a "intense" workout in Minny right after he landed from a 15 hour flight...

Comment

Also, a reporter asked him whether he expected to be a starter and how would he feel if he wasn't. And he just replied by saying he just wants to end the games, cause that's when it really matters and that's where you win the games.

Comment

has anyone watched rubio the past couple years? he can't score. at all. the only way he gets points is off FT's and steals that lead to layups. literally. he's a awful, awful shooter. and i know everyone is going to say "but hes a pg he doesn't need to score" but if you're THAT bad of a shooter players are just going to sag off you, making it harder to penetrate and run pick and rolls. im not saying rubio is going to be a crappy player, i just don't think he's going to be the savior out the gate for the twolves everyone things he'll be.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It all depends on where players end up and the opportunity to play, but I'm picking Kemba because he's NBA ready, and will hit the floor running because he'll be so pissed at not being picked earlier.

If you think about it, no one in this year's draft class "deserves" to be picked high. Kanter didn't play. Biyombo and the Euro's are unknowns. Irving played 10-11 games. I guess you can argue Derrick Williams deserves recognition. But Kemba won the NCAA championships by himself. If there's anyone that should feel some sort of entitlement, it'll be him.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

im rolling my dice on rubio being a bust. Rookie of the year will by kyrie because he'll be on the cavs. I see Irving average 18ppg 8apg and a steal good enough for ROY in my opinon
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I think it'll be Junior Varsity. If we can get him here this year somehow..

LOL
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              im rolling my dice on rubio being a bust. Rookie of the year will by kyrie because he'll be on the cavs. I see Irving average 18ppg 8apg and a steal good enough for ROY in my opinon
                              With you on Rubio, although bust in relative terms. I think he will be decent, but nowhere near a top-tier PG.

Kyrie has potential, but I am going with Kemba as well. Something there...

Comment

Working...
                              X