No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know, looking at that specific clip, Len looks a bit slow and clumsy to me. Not overly so, but still, I can see it being a concern.

Comment

• Interesting read on Jonas' summer "vacation" plans:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/17...the-off-season

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Interesting read on Jonas' summer "vacation" plans:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/17...the-off-season
        Cool how Casey is recommending he plays against smaller, quicker and more athletic guys during the offseason. He will be a force to be reckoned with on the defensive end next year.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I'm, as I was before the season started, of the opinion that he will never be an elite defensive player because of his 'problems' with lateral movement.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            I'm, as I was before the season started, of the opinion that he will never be an elite defensive player because of his 'problems' with lateral movement.
            So you totally missed the 3 blocks in 9 minutes aspect of last nights game eh?
            Defensively he has shown signs of utter dominance. I am talking about positioning, rotations, and best of all he is doing much better at keeping him self straight.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• General rule no.1 - never say never. Especially if it's Valanciunas and basketball. He's a kid in terms of his competition, just give him a chance.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                So you totally missed the 3 blocks in 9 minutes aspect of last nights game eh?
                Defensively he has shown signs of utter dominance. I am talking about positioning, rotations, and best of all he is doing much better at keeping him self straight.
                You misunderstood me; I think he can be a very good defensive player. I've always been very high on him. I just don't think he can be an allround defensive force like Chandler. Nothing wrong with that.

And yes, I haven't see any of the last 10 or so games when they weren't on an afternoon. The time difference combined with the fact that the season is already over didn't give me the incentive to stay up or view the next day. I'll hope to see enough of Valanciunas in the summer and that would be my only reason to watch. Even though the Raptors are winning, I don't suppose everything is suddenly different?

Comment

• I wouldn't call Chandler an all-around defensive force. I frankly think it's ridiculous he won DPOY last year. He's a good defender and capable of causing problems in the paint. He's good at rebounding and shotblocking, but nothing special in either one. He should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence as actual defensive forces like Howard, Ben Wallace, Dikembe, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, etc....The fact that he won DPOY last year is all politics, because he helped a team win a ring and then got a big contract in NY (where their defensive improvement was not astonishing, by any means, and definitely helped by Woodson's presence, a fantastic defensive coach).

Man, Chandler is such a ridiculously overrated player. Casey/Dallas made his career by teaching him defensive discipline. He was always an over aggressive defender before that, who would pick up too many fouls and overcommit frequently. There's a reason Charlotte's GM was willing to trade Jose for Chandler, and it wasn't because of how amazing Jose was.

***phew, end of rant. If you think Chandler's a great player, that's fine, but to me he's never been that impressive.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• I'm glad it's fine that I think he is a great player, because I do...

Comment

• Im glad the team loves one another didnt make the playoffs but you can tell they get along well and have fun together. The entire team except Bargs and Klieza went to watch evil Dead and 42 before the Boston game too.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

Im glad the team loves one another didnt make the playoffs but you can tell they get along well and have fun together. The entire team except Bargs and Klieza went to watch evil Dead and 42 before the Boston game too.
                        Jonas is the biggest heckler LOL
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Jonas is the biggest heckler LOL
                          so has everyone else been mispronouncing his first name? i always hear "yo-nas" from announcers/commentators etc but so far pretty much every fellow player on the team has called him jonas.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            so has everyone else been mispronouncing his first name? i always hear "yo-nas" from announcers/commentators etc but so far pretty much every fellow player on the team has called him jonas.
                            It's actually "Yo-nas" if you want to pronounce it correctly. Landry pronounced it as it should be
                            Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Apr 18, 2013, 03:48 PM.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              It's actually "Yo-nas" if you want to pronounce it correctly. Landry pronounced it as it should be
                              Now what's the real way to say it, is it "Yo-Ness" or "Yo-Nas" ?

Edit: the "Nas" part is pronounced just like the rapper, but not as stretched out if you know what I mean
                              Last edited by Sig; Thu Apr 18, 2013, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
                                Now what's the real way to say it, is it "Yo-Ness" or "Yo-Nas" ?
                                It's Yo-Nas.

Comment

Working...
                                X