X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Expect more Siakam with the bench and Wright handling the ball. That was the best the mob has done all year
    Hope so. End the madness.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Last game was first time they really used him properly though
    Expect more Siakam with the bench and Wright handling the ball. That was the best the mob has done all year

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    The role JV is in now is perfect for him.

He's putting up basically the same numbers more efficiently and has tremendous usage (25%) when he's on the floor. He's able to do all that now without really affecting our defense negatively because of when his minutes are taking place.

This is exactly why I've been advocating for him to come off the bench for so long. We no longer have these spells where he's out there not touching the ball so he can't even make up for his subpar defense with his offense.
    Last game was first time they really used him properly though

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    The role JV is in now is perfect for him.

He's putting up basically the same numbers more efficiently and has tremendous usage (25%) when he's on the floor. He's able to do all that now without really affecting our defense negatively because of when his minutes are taking place.

This is exactly why I've been advocating for him to come off the bench for so long. We no longer have these spells where he's out there not touching the ball so he can't even make up for his subpar defense with his offense.
    Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Thu Dec 6, 2018, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    On one hand I like the idea of a 2nd unit that features JV as the primary scorer, but on the other hand I'd also like to see him get more of an opportunity to develop some chemistry with Leonard. Leonard and Green are used to playing with effective scoring big men, and I think JV could be a dynamic part of a lineup once they all get comfortable playing together (as you can tell Leonard and Green already are). Plus, as well as Ibaka has been playing, there are times that JV's physicality and rebounding has been sorely missed in critical minutes.
    Leonard, Green and Valanciunas have played 141 minutes together so far, and have a +22.5 net rating in that time. That's the highest net rating of any threesome including Leonard and Green, except for a much smaller sample with FVV (+31.5 in 57 MP).

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Legitimate griping on both sides of the JV question aside... its great to see him shake off a three or four game slump and have a good one against the Hinkies.

Just like you eventually need all 13 clubs in the bag for certain situations that your fucking driver has put you in......... so too do you need all 14 players at some point in time throughout the season.

As the great philopsher Russell Peters says... "Take it and go"
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 6, 2018, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    6ixth man
    Waahhh--wahhh JV can't defend Waahhh JV is slow waahhh wahhh I need to make up something to complain about waaahh waaahhh

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    6ixth man

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    This might be the most fun I've had watching JV in the regular season, ever:

All the guy ever wants to do is put a body on a man and post him up. He would have been huge if he came into the league in 1990 instead of now.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Heck, I might have brought Ibaka back in with a couple minutes left, that was a long shift for JV. But he held up.
    He looked like an all world center. You gotta ride guys at that point

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    On one hand I like the idea of a 2nd unit that features JV as the primary scorer, but on the other hand I'd also like to see him get more of an opportunity to develop some chemistry with Leonard. Leonard and Green are used to playing with effective scoring big men, and I think JV could be a dynamic part of a lineup once they all get comfortable playing together (as you can tell Leonard and Green already are). Plus, as well as Ibaka has been playing, there are times that JV's physicality and rebounding has been sorely missed in critical minutes.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Man when JV is on, he is on. With Lowry in a slump scoring it was great to see JV step up in a big way.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And kudos to Nurse for acknowledging the impact Jonas was having vs. Embiid (on both ends) and keeping him in the game to close it out. Casey would've surely brought Ibaka back in.
    Heck, I might have brought Ibaka back in with a couple minutes left, that was a long shift for JV. But he held up.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    dylan123 wrote: View Post
    Great to see him have a really strong game after some battling ones. Hopefully we look at him a little more when the bench is on as he can score with ease as we've seen for a number of seasons.
    And kudos to Nurse for acknowledging the impact Jonas was having vs. Embiid (on both ends) and keeping him in the game to close it out. Casey would've surely brought Ibaka back in.

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Great to see him have a really strong game after some battling ones. Hopefully we look at him a little more when the bench is on as he can score with ease as we've seen for a number of seasons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X